Yep the typical ebay seller, guy is selling enthusiast "

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Yep the typical ebay seller, guy is selling enthusiast "

Post by Cabe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:56 am

this is the second time I have seen this guy post this lot of FoV tanks (and I am sure the panther is not even FoV looks 21stC to me.) and he has called them all "Enthusiast" both times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Most of these are Retired Models!!

Release Dates 2002-2006

Many of these models are listed by Dealers

for $30-$60 a piece!!
I don't understand why he doesn't just list them as a lot of FoV 1/32 tanks instead of trying to pass off Target and TRU action series tanks as enthusiast, like I can't tell the hideous white and black US halftrack winter camo isn't action series? puUleeese. And the marvelous detail on the US jeep driver! Still has spru and the molding lines all over him and the paint job that looks like h was dipped in poster paint! Yes that's a sign of enthusiast right there!
Don't forget the highly collectible and rare solid gelb stug IIIG with no antennae!
By the time he finds a sucker to buy them he will have burned off all his profit re-listing them.
Tiger 1 and Hanomag 251/1 with Winter Crew

are Very Rare and Hard-to-Find Models
sheeeyyyeeeeah right buddy YOU RE-PAINTED a RARE FOV ENTHUSIAST hanomag to make it LOOK like a rare enthusiast hanomag...badly. WTG , scoundrel

Read this guys claims on the auction!! what a freaking crook! I am going to report him in a few hours when I get time to contact ebay. Unless one of you wants to beat me to it. I am putting this auction on my watched list and if someone bids I am contacting them too if ebay does its usual buyer protection.

If he would just list em as a FoV lot and not come off immediately as a dishonest jerk he would probably get $130 for the lot...maybe
I know I would love to have them to re-paint, especially the tiger and panther.
But not at starting bid of $130 wrapped in a lie.

I think the only "enthusiast" I see here is this enthusiastic crook's repetitive attempts to rip off some unwitting newbie collector]
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 am

This is why I don't use e-bay.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:43 am

looks to me like Harrison ford is peeking out to see if i will bid on them. Them hiding just enough to where he can still see what I'm doin'

DAMN YOU HARRISON FORD!! Stop selling your Target/TRU action series FoV on Ebay under false pretenses!

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:41 am

To be fair to the seller, the Tiger I (Normandy), StuG III (Italian front), Kubelwagon and Bradley all look to be Enthusiast releases. The Panther isn't even Forces of Valor (it's a repainted 21C). The rest is junk. God knows why he'd repaint a SdKfz 251 like that - whichever release it was, it probably looked better before he "improved" it.

I don't see how all that adds up to $130 for a starting bid. If someone is foolish enough to buy those tanks for that much, they're probably going to be happy with what they get. I don't figure that eBay really cares about the difference between "Action" and "Enthusiast" grade when it comes to Forces of Valor.

You can't contact bidders in an auction you're not participating in as far as I know. Heck, I don't even think you can contact other bidders in an auction you ARE bidding in.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 am

well then,
I will bid on it so I can contact......wait.......nevermind

to be fair to the seller?
I get ya
but go back and read his auction again how he pumps up what he is selling, he knows he is full of S and you can tell that's just business, but to me it's incredibly dishonest business. Maybe because I (like most of us here) are well versed in the value of these things and the huge difference between action and enthusiast grade. And so is the seller, otherwise he wouldn't spend so much font stressing the value and rarity of these items, he is being fraudulent actually. Because if you are collector and you bought a tank that was labeled "enthusiast and then it arrived in the mail and the first ting you saw was an low detail version and the word "action series" on the box, you would blow your top. Because you are collecting enthusiast versions, you read that it was enthusiast, you bought under the pretext it was enthusiast and he advertised, sold and sent you an action grade with full knowledge and kept you money and he lies and gives you a bunch of action grade with a 21st C and a sloppy repaint mixed in? No, I think it is more than a little fib or just business, its fraud plain and simple.

But I also accept that we are also talking about ebay here, so yeah, throw some Latin phrases around about buyers being aware, which I think the Latin phrase for "let the buyer beware" would be "EBAY", well in pig latin anyway

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 am

Sorry Cabe, but I just can't build up a good case of outrage on this one. The buyer has a starting bid that is less than retail for the items and does provide detailed photos. Nobody in the know would think these are all enthusiast vehicles or even unpainted vehicles, but I work under the assumption of "Buyer Beware."

I would say let this one ride and remember the Baron Vlad tale of web karma. :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Ok,
but photos or no, he is explaining with much emphasis the rarity and that they are ALL FoV enthusiast vehicles an stating they sell for $30-$60 regularly.
Photos are one thing but stating something in writing is another. If some mom or brother or sister was shopping for a b-day gift for dad or brother ect and saw that auction, the photos are useless to them when trying to figure out what they are bidding on. They have to go with the text

"W'ell my son/dad husband says he wants the enthusiast edition of these for his b-day. Won't he be surprised when I buy him all these"
Mom/wife/GF gets excited about the great gift, and waits for dad/boyrfriend /husband to open the box of ENTHUSIAST FoV vehicles that she had rushed overnight to the house. He opens gift and that's when the tears start.

They blew it and bought the wrong gift right?

You don't have to tell me. I ain't buying them (Though I would like to "rescue that hanomag)

But as for the average collector I agree with you as to triple checking an auction b4 you bid. I just see a million other situations where this guy ruins someone's day or gift and takes their money, a lot of it (pun)
I just think he/she is being a skunk and he /she knows it

if it were posted here in the BST forum what would happen?

Oh and BTW I am not asking for outrage or for a riot. I do agree again that we know better when bidding, its just that some people don't with good intentions, and this seller has none.
I am outraged though in a certain way, because it is an example of what I see all the time anyway and the gall of some people just gets to me
-Cabe

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:21 pm

This is just another example of "caveat emptor" (buyer beware) I see stuff like this all the time, like the "Uber Custom" elite force A-10 that went for god knows how much, and you can buy for like $29 at TRU, I just posted an example in the BST forum earlier today... see the thread " Tiger on ebay"... although this clown may actually not know what he's selling... maybe. :roll:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Cabe wrote:looks to me like Harrison ford is peeking out to see if i will bid on them. Them hiding just enough to where he can still see what I'm doin'

DAMN YOU HARRISON FORD!! Stop selling your Target/TRU action series FoV on Ebay under false pretenses!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: