Opinions on Conte figures?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Opinions on Conte figures?

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:40 pm

I was hoping some of you had some opinions on Conte painted figures. They're having a 2 for 1 sale right now. I'm interested in their Romans as they look much more correct than the King and Country offerings(the legionaries have the correct handles on shields instead of the incorrect straps on the back like K&C has). Thanks for any info or opinions.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Top notch, but pricey... :shock: and this refers to the WWII era figures, I have no experience with the Romans but I expect the quality would be similar. Got a link to this sale...??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:40 pm

http://contecostore.com/

I've only bought the plastic figures, which I was very pleased with, but if the metals are anything like the unpainted plastics you won't be dissapointed. Detail and equipment is great, poses are fantastic, and the price isn't bad ( compared to some ). NOTE: If you are thinking of putting these besides King And Country they might look a little small. They are more 32x than 1:30 ( they are a bigger than 21st Century but smaller than W. Britains )
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks for the replies Ostketten and Col. Pickle. I decided to buy some of the Conte Romans and the K&C Romane Gate section and some K&C Barbarians(I lthink they look better than Contes' Barbarians). Hopefully I'm not being fooled by the Pics, that I"ve seen on the etailers sites.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:28 pm

On the main page. It says "OUR BIGGEST SALE EVER!" Then follow the link. It pretty much applies to every thing available.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

conteaddict
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conteaddict » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Im a big fan of their ww2 plastics and ww2 metal range all the figures are supebly detailed even more so regarding their metal sets.
KANE LIVES
Good Traders: Cabe, Bandit

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:10 pm

i bought 2 sets each of Germans, UK and USA with the 2 for one sale, the arrived 3 days ago and I will be busy painting figures for the next 5 years. All of them are great, but I have to be honest, the Germans could have been better modeled in some instances. Some of them have awkward arm and poses. In one or 2 of them, the arm seems too short.
The plastic itself is very soft and though that makes it easy to clean up seams and cut, I worry about gun barrels bending and cracking paint.
I also have a set of San Diego Toy Soldiers and they are much harder and the poses are better for the Germans. I wouldn't pass on a set of conte germans, but they do have flaws.