A good place to buy 21c 32x planes

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:17 pm

The store www.theflyingmule.com has the S1, S2, and S3 32x Stukas for sale for $14.99 plus shipping, but those are the cheapest I found besides ebay. Sometimes you get lucky and a retailer will put the planes on sale. I don't think you will find the planes at the small retailers for anything like the Wal Mart price, as the regular retail for a 32x aircraft is in fact $20.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Small Joes has them for $19.95. Not sure about shipping and handling. It can be the "equalizer" on price.

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:04 pm

If your order totals more than $100, shipping at The Flying Mule is free. That really does help equalize things.

As mentioned, they also occasionally have sales.

My experiences ordering with them have been good.

John
-- aae
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Good Stuff To Go has a decent selction at $16 ea.

http://www.goodstufftogo.net

Their shipping has always been reasonable for me, about what you'd expect from most online retailers. If you purchase a number of planes at once, it tends to spread the shipping costs out and reduce your overall cost per item.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 pm

AAE83:

WHEN do the etailers (Badcat, Flyingmule, Militarytoyshop, etc.) have their sales?.....Also, HOW MUCH are their sales prices?
Thanks

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:35 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I don't think you will find the planes at the small retailers for anything like the Wal Mart price, as the regular retail for a 32x aircraft is in fact $20.
It is kinda sad, but the WalMart low pricing actually makes me hesitate at buying things at other brick-n-mortar stores (like say TRU). :/

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 pm

dragon53 wrote:WHEN do the etailers (Badcat, Flyingmule, Militarytoyshop, etc.) have their sales?.....Also, HOW MUCH are their sales prices?
It's a little hard to generalize or predict sales. The ones I've seen usually come around holidays (Dad's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) or on significant dates for the stores (anniversaries, moving sales).

The etailers will frequently discount shipping or certain items they presumably have an overstock on. Sometimes there has been a general discount of, e.g., 10% on everything, but that's not very common.

Prices generally don't go really low, but you might see 10-20% discount, say a $22 plane for $20 (sometimes less). It's usually not on the newest item; pre-ordering sometimes brings a discount.

The best thing to do is make a habit of browsing the etailers' sites and, if they offer a newsletter, to sign up for it. Check their clearance and sale pages when you visit.

A little patience helps, too, though I find that part hard myself.

Hope that helps!
aae
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:27 am

AAE83:

Thanks very much for the info.
So I guess Bacat, Flyingmule, etc. won't have an after-Christmas sale?