AO Recon Thread

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 am

Metro Atlanta still missing the following:

p-51b/c- polish RAF, princess, bald eagle
me-109- winter, black 3
p-47- tarheel hal

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:22 am

Picked up the ME-109 winter at one of my local WalMart, really nice scheme. :D

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:43 am

I've seen the corsair/zero and stuka/macchi dogfight set recently around here- of course, only one walmart has one set and another has the other set. The rest of the walmarts have neither.

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:47 pm

Good but expensive day hunting. Found the Cripes A'mighty - Me262 dogfight set plus a surprise Berlin Express P-51C. Found 25th Joes wave 3 plus Cobra Legion pack all at the same store. Christmas came early!

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:28 pm

whats a berlin express p-51c??

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:51 pm

He might mean the "Bald Eagle" P-51B. That one has often been misnomered as "Berlin Express," which I think was another plane in the same squadron with similar markings... The first letters in both names also begin with B and E :wink:

However, if it is a different plane all together, please clarify!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mikeg

has this happened to you yet?

Post by mikeg » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:18 am

the big hog corsair/green zero and macchi/balkan stuka dogfight kits are seen intermittently in town, here- my question follows- I only want the stuka and the other green zero, would anyone want to buy the big hog/macchi set? Too bad they are not at the same store, that might be easily fixed-

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:48 am

maybe thats not the most enticing deal ya seen all day- if someone would buy my m1a1 carbine or nra sporter, i could afford some of this new chinese plastic.

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:08 pm

It is the "Berlin Express". It's the S5 scheme according to the box. I take it no one else has found it yet? Will try to post a pic tomorrow.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:28 pm

B-24Sharky wrote:It is the "Berlin Express". It's the S5 scheme according to the box. I take it no one else has found it yet? Will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks for the info and we're eagerly awaiting the picture! That's great we've gotten a new scheme!

BTW, given that the "Princess" P-51 was the S4 version and the "Shangri La" version was the S6, I was wondering what happened to the S5...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 am

I found Shangri-La here in Dover. What a cool looking plane!! I sure hope to see it in 1:18 at some point. That would be the coolest plane ever made in that scale!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:28 am

Sorry I haven't got the "Berlin Express" pics up yet, experiencing some technical difficulties. I rank it number 2 close behind Shangri-La for favorite paint scheme so far. When I opened it I noticed a big smudge down the side. I think I'll keep this one boxed and exchange it if I come across a better one. Wish 21st would have a higher quality standard, big disappointment finding something new then opening it to find my 2 year old could of probably done a better job painting it. :x

bdr_ws6
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bdr_ws6 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Walmart here in Barbourville, KY has a ton of the 1/32 scale playsets, all ~$20

OPERATION COBRA BREAKOUT - Sherman Firefly and 6 figures

ASSAULT ON BASTOGNE - King Tiger (Porsche Turrent) with a Mortar, pit and 3 figures... scratch that one off as I picked it up.

HEAVY ARTILLERY EMPLACEMENT - M59 115MM with a sandbag emplacement and 3 figures.

PLATOON FIRE SUPPORT - M3A3 Halftrack with 3 figures, sandbag emplacement.

GERMAN MORTAR CREW (2) - German troop carrier halftrack with same mortar and figures as the Assualt on Bastogne.

No airplanes at all, and they have a few M7 kits for $15. I am thinking about going and getting the one with the M3 halftrack now that I cleared a space for more ground stuff.

The Walmart I work at in Corbin, KY has:

2 1:18 scale MiG-15s, soviet scheme. $25

3 1:32 BF-109s - Black 11, Black 10 and Gabler. Had 2 Gablers, I picked one up. $15

3 Dogfight sets. 2 Italian Stuka and MC.202 set, which I want the MC.202 but have no need for the Stuka(already got a Stuka) and 1 Big Hog vs Green Zero. Not sure on the price on these.

Have 2 playsets, both are the GERMAN MORTAR CREW one. They had the BATTLE OF THE HEDGEROWS set with the Sherman Dozer...I got it.

Also have 4 kits. 1 Sherman Firefly, 2 M59 Longtoms, and 1 M115 8 inch howitzer. Kits are all $15. Corbin also has a whole lot of the 1:144 FW-190s, but none of the new Zeros or Dauntless yet though. I'm keeping my eyes open for those.
Last edited by bdr_ws6 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[imgae]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/bdr_ws6/Sigsandavatars/sigxd.jpg[/imgae]

1:18 car collecter for years, turned very casual collecter of XD airplanes and a few groundpounders.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Well, sure, you already have a stuka, but that has a different paint scheme, therefore you have to buy it, too- just like the rest of us..

The dogfight sets are 28.89 or so.

bdr_ws6
Corporal
Corporal

Re: .

Post by bdr_ws6 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:05 pm

mikeg wrote:Well, sure, you already have a stuka, but that has a different paint scheme, therefore you have to buy it, too- just like the rest of us..

The dogfight sets are 28.89 or so.
Yea 28 sounds pretty close, I just couldn't remember...

And no I don't have to buy the Stuka just cause its a different scheme like the rest of you guys. I am not that hardcore into them. LOL

Considering the space I am working with, one of each plane is plenty(unless I was a huge fan of the plane, like I am with Porsche 917s in cars). However, if I had space (and the money) I would get different paints for each plane for sure, but I don't so I am one and done mostly.

Also, can scratch the "PLATOON FIRE SUPPORT" playset off the list I put up above, I got it today as well as 3 1:144 tanks.
[imgae]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/bdr_ws6/Sigsandavatars/sigxd.jpg[/imgae]

1:18 car collecter for years, turned very casual collecter of XD airplanes and a few groundpounders.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Picked up the long tom with the new paint scheme at TRU. Also seen the 1/48 scale panther IV with new scheme got it also.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:11 am

Wow! I went into TRU here in Toronto on Yonge & Eglington, and I found a treasure trove of Forces of Valor!

For 1:72 there was a M26 Dragon Wagon, the new Landing Craft, the M3 half track & 105mm playset, the Tiger I & M4A1 Sherman playset, M1A1 Abrams, M2 Bradley, King Tiger S1, M4A1 Sherman w/mine clearing device, Churchill VII, Russian Cossacks cavalry, German SS Cavalry, US soldiers w/casualty on a stretcher, the F4U Corsair, French campaign Stuka, Me 262, white Hurricane.

For 1:32 there's only infantry - US WW2 paratroopers, UK WW2 desert troopers, US WW2 paratroopers with two German POWs, US Gulf War paratroopers.

I guess they restocked for Christmas. I didn't touch any of 'em because they're all Action Series. A) half of them looked like they were painted by monkeys and B) some of the soldiers looked... melty.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 pm

Walked up to my local Zellers* today, and found a large assortment of FOV 1/72 scale armor. With the exception of the Bradley and T-72, the whole orginal set was there. I picked up a Churchill and an Abrams, and I might go back some other time to get another Tiger II (The one I had before threw a track :x ). They also had two Corsairs, but I didn't even bother with them (Already got one). God I wish I had 21st Century up here.

*For you non-Canadians It's a store chain similar to Wally World.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Sorry I haven't got the "Berlin Express" pics up yet,
Try this on for size....Bald Eagle, AKA "Berlin Express". It's difficult to see, but right under the white label lettering that reads "P-51B Mustang", it reads BERLIN EXPRESS. Hope you guys like the pic. 8) click image for enlarged view.

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm

ostketten wrote:
Sorry I haven't got the "Berlin Express" pics up yet,
Try this on for size....Bald Eagle, AKA "Berlin Express". It's difficult to see, but right under the white label lettering that reads "P-51B Mustang", it reads BERLIN EXPRESS. Hope you guys like the pic. 8) click image for enlarged view.

Looks like someone pulled a switch... Bald Eagle and Berlin Express are two totally different birds.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:27 pm

Looks like someone pulled a switch...
Well... I don't think so, not on this bird anyway. The "limited edition" window label very clearly states... "Berlin Express, Lt. Robert Eckfeldt", and a close look at the microscopic lettering on the plane itself shows... "1st Lt. Robert Eckfeldt" I don't know, but this does not look like "switcheroo" to me. :?: Perhaps Berlin Express also refers to a unit, as well as an individual aircraft, I dunno....I'm no wingnut. :cry: Perhaps some kind of mis-labeling here, but I can say with 99.9% certainty this has not been switched out. My apologies for the fuzzy poor quality pic, it was necessary to get close to read the text....

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 pm

This is what BE really looks like..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:07 pm

Beats me... label screwup... :?: Hmm.. I can see it now on ebay, RARE Mis-Labeled Berlin Express :lol: :lol: :roll: One thing I'm sure of, this has not been swapped, the pilot of your Berlin Express was a different guy, (Overstreet..?)not this Eckfeldt.

KSaint
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KSaint » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Every box that I saw that contained 'Bald Eagle' was labeled 'Berlin Express'.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:29 pm

KSaint wrote:Every box that I saw that contained 'Bald Eagle' was labeled 'Berlin Express'.
Then obviously, it is a labeling error.. Maybe two labels got mixed up and printed as one?? It wouldn't surprise me, if you have ever read English instructions written by someone in China, then you know what I mean..
-Howard Stark