Favorites/Least favorites in 1/32

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:21 am

DomiUK wrote:Minichamps put ou this monstrosity they must have got the colours from somewhere http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/689_1_1043210.html

Incidentally the 30cwt truck that the LRDG used in ww2 in standard sand would be NO 1 choice of WW2 vehicle in 1/32nd :)
OMG that Panther is awful! I would love to see a LRDG truck in 1:32 as well! I built a model of one years ago. Their Jeeps were cool as well.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:53 pm

^They actually had Panthers painted like that?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:05 pm

Fox Tare-28 wrote:^They actually had Panthers painted like that?
Yes, they did.. The Base paint is actually supposed to be a DARK RED or "Hull red" with the disruptive stripes. I have some pics of it somewhere.. There were also Jagdpanthers painted in a similar fashion... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Racing stripes fellas. Helped the tank go faster. :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:14 pm

flpickupman wrote:Racing stripes fellas. Helped the tank go faster. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Needs some chrome spinner roadwheels and a giant wing on the ass end to really confuse the allies. Maybe some flame decals for the side and a neon swastika next to the bow mg.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Switch the spinners with stationary mag wheels and I think you're onto something. :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 pm

flpickupman wrote:Switch the spinners with stationary mag wheels and I think you're onto something. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 am

Favorite AC 21st "Bullfrog" P-51 tied with 21st Corsair (Corsairs just RULE)
This was actually ahrd as I really like almost all my 21st AC.

Favorite AFV Another tie. My 505th Tiger and my Pershing, both FOV of course.
I have to stand up for one of my "runner-up" choises, the Grant. The Russians didn't get M3s until later in '43 IIRC by which time it was most deffinatly obsolete (also, the Soviets were comparing it to T-34s, not Crusaders or Pzkw IIIhs) The Grant is one of my favorites! I also like the Matilda! The Matilda was part of FOVs first release and they stuck it! The beast is almost perfect! And how can you not love a taank called Matilda with powder blue paint :D

Favorite crew figures the guys in the FOV T-34/85

loathed AC of course the 21st P-51D and the Bf-109E they sit out in my shed having NEVER been displayed.

Loathed AFV While the 21st Pzkw-IVH is pretty bad, and all the Shermans
have gross flaws, and the older stuff is pretty gross, the worst is that stinking pile of shortcuts the 21st Pzkw-IIIL DAK. I'll not get into details as I'ld have to actually look at the bloody thing, blech :x

David

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:21 am

I'm really digging my Italian Stuka from the Dogfight 2-pack.

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hit and Miss

Post by corpbob » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:05 pm

I've been true only to 1:18 with the aircraft, but 1:32 vehicles would be:

Favs:
FOV King Tiger
FOV STUG III
21st Sherman Firefly without camo (at last!!!)
21st Opels (don't laugh, they're very well done)

Duds:
FOV M4 Shermans (the casting is good, but that pitiful paint...)
21st M4 Shermans (the casting is mediocre, looks toyish)
21st Jagdtiger (toyish)
21st Mark IVg (didn't even bother to buy it)

The true tragedy to me is the soldiers. After an initial installment of decent 21st Germans, the quality has steadily faded and they have as of YET to get the uniform colors correct for US infantry. And FOV's "Popeye" troops are a travesty all their own.

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 pm

My favorite 32nd scale plane is the Bullfrog P-51B. Great looking Mustang model. :D

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:24 pm

schizuki wrote:
21st makes an Italian Stuka?!?:shock:

And I was not informed?

It will be mine. Oh, yes, it will.

Did a quick Google and saw it's packed with a Folgore. I've already got one, but what the hell. Rows, how is the dihedral on yours? Mine has zero.
Yeah I think the Stuka was worth the $28 just for the unique markings. The Folgore I wasn't to happy with. It's an older model and it lacks the refinements of the newer models, so that was no big suprise. Tha landing gear suck, I decided to just leave them retracted and I have it hanging where it looks nice. I always like the Folgore, beautiful aircraft.

And yea, mine has no dihedral either. :cry:

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:42 am

best:

Dragon Die Cast Konigtiger #106, s.Pz.Abt 506/1.Kompanie with Dragon's Tiger Aces added as crew(Wittmann, Woll figures used)

Tamiya MasterWork PzKw IV ausf H, early II.Abt/3.Panzer Regiment/ 2. Panzer Division "Wein"..for the bargain bin price I got it for on Ebay(about the same as a FOV Pz IV Lang) I am not going to knock it. Not quite as good as a Dragon Diecast, but it's got some pluses of DML.

32x Bf 109G-6, been waiting on these forever and with the future Fw 190A/F I think I will have my Luftwaffe 32x fix.

Worst

21st PzKw III ausf D and all the flawed PzKw III series. But since it's a rare find in the market( a 1;32 PzKw III, we accept them)

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Yeah I think the Stuka was worth the $28 just for the unique markings. The Folgore I wasn't to happy with. It's an older model and it lacks the refinements of the newer models, so that was no big suprise. Tha landing gear suck, I decided to just leave them retracted and I have it hanging where it looks nice. I always like the Folgore, beautiful aircraft.

And yea, mine has no dihedral either. :cry:

I got the same problem, but I can live with it. I just push the gear oleo into its proper position when I sit it on top of my shelf (My 261st NAG Zeke has "bad legs" too but it's very slight).

Macchi C.202: The Italian Spitfire.