Am I Wrong? - *** BUY SELL TRADE IMPROVEMENT THOUGHTS ***

News and Latest Updates on the board!
toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Am I Wrong? - *** BUY SELL TRADE IMPROVEMENT THOUGHTS **

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Well it just kind of hit me when I went back through some of my PM’s. I saw he had messaged me about a Spitfire I was selling. I looked at his join date and was shocked I missed that earlier. He seems nice enough and has the active member part nailed down but rules are rules.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Greetings:

I'm getting just a bit annoyed coming here and seeing derek in every thread all the time. I'm sure he is a nice enough guy and just wants to be part of the forum but the way he is posting is a reminder of the Catman saga from a few years ago.

No offense to Derek but he shouldn't be in the BST forum or trying to arrange deals outside of the BST forum either. I believe Aferg told him and another member they were not allowed to trade. So why are they still being allowed to trade?

I think if a moderator tells you not to trade because of the rule then you should obey it. If the person continues to try to do it they should be tossed from the forum...period.

I also noticed there are a number of "lurkers" here. You don't see them post hardly at all but the minute you offer something to trade they are waiting for it like a dog that wants treats. So people need to be aware of this as well.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Some of the faults of the "feedback" is the fact that members may gang up on another member and "destroy" their record. Like this member, Derick. Now that we pointed him out, those that are "annoyed" by him can gang up on him.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Heer:

I was simply pointing something out, nothing more. I like to consider myself honest and would never gang up on him on trader feedback just because I felt like it. That is wrong. My major gripe with him is that he is blatantly disregarding the trader rules of the forum and is bringing up topics that could be found by just reading and searching through the forum. I would never take it out on him in the feedback as I probably won't be trading with him anyway.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

I don't see anyone ganging up here, its a matter of a forum rule, when I joined I had the same misgivings about the six month rule, I also would have liked to been able to use the BST, but its in place for a reason.

What has been brought to light is this was discussed in a post, this member replied to that post and then even posted on the good trader thread, now either he does'nt understand the rule or feels it does not apply to him.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:08 pm

This thread isn’t about Derek. I had 3 very nice PMs from the guy. I just found it particularly funny that he was posting about trades and dealings he has had in the thread about the BST forum needing stronger rules. :shock: I’ve never singled anyone out and will always call it the way it is. In fact, with the number of posts he has, I thought it may have been an error.

Anyway this thread is about rules and one thing I would like to point out is that the BST area is not a right, it’s a privilege. Kind of like the privileges we have as kids growing up. If we abuse it or get out of line we may lose it for a while or all together.

I definitely think that clarifying the active member part by giving a minimum number of posts required along with the 6 months would be helpful. It will show other members that they are truly interested and allow us to get to know them better before trading. There have been many members here that have used the BST area with under 10 posts to their credit. I know we should all be extra careful and should do our research but with the addition of just a few simple, policeable rules I think we can really make this a better place to buy and trade.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:46 pm

This new feedback system to weed out the scammers and the unlearned seems great P51.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 am

toyktdlgh wrote:Derek is your joined date correct? December 8th, 2011? Did you have a screen name change? If that’s right then what are you doing in the BST forum in the first place?
Its correct but if you read my posts i havent used this site for bst if you dont remember i gave you advice that you should keep your spitfire because of the rarity of it...
Be sure to read my posts thoroughly first...

Thank You.
-Derek
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Right now i feel the way heer just explained especially sense if had problems with one of you in the past.. and Vielen Dank heer for clearing that but i think it would be better if the BST rules were based on posts not 6months because that 6month isnt going to stop scams from being made theres still those people on here who only has 5posts and been a member for WELL over 6months and even a year this is just my thought but if the rule was based on posts i think there would be more trust on the BST forums and the new feedback system is a nice good touch too...

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

Guys, to be clear, while Derek and I did violate the BST 6 month rule, this was the situation. I was essentially GIVING a bundle of items away via the Salvage Yard thread (free items - just pay me back for shipping). Derek was the only board member who PMed me as interested. So, yes, I realized that he had not yet been here for 6 months, but under the circumstances I took a chance on him. I shipped him the items and he paid me for the shipping.

If an established board member had expressed interest then they would have gotten the deal instead of Derek, but he was it so he got the deal. I was willing to take the chance that I might be out the shipping cost, and so I did.

If I had been actually buying or selling (not basically giving something a way) I would not have taken the chance. Did I violate the 6 month rule? Yes. Do I think that as human beings, participating in an online forum about military toys, we can excercise a modicum of judgement and make a considered decision based on a specific set of circumstances? Sure do.

Anyway, it was my bad (if if was, indeed a bad) in that I agreed to send the stuff to Derek. So if there's fault here then it belongs with me, not him.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:37 am

derek_001 wrote:
toyktdlgh wrote:Derek is your joined date correct? December 8th, 2011? Did you have a screen name change? If that’s right then what are you doing in the BST forum in the first place?
Its correct but if you read my posts i havent used this site for bst if you dont remember i gave you advice that you should keep your spitfire because of the rarity of it...
Be sure to read my posts thoroughly first...

Thank You.
-Derek
Derek, I am quite well aware of the content of your private messages to me. At no point have I called you out for the content within them. I’m calling you out for your blatant disregard of our BST forum policy. That policy states that you may not POST in this forum until your 6 months are up. I didn’t even mention that you broke these rules and had a transaction behind the scenes. The issue is that this area is off limits to you until your 6 months are up.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 am

If members that have not reached 6 months are allowed to post in this section as long as they are not trying to conduct business then that should be added to the BST forum rules.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:56 pm

derek_001 wrote:Right now i feel the way heer just explained especially sense if had problems with one of you in the past.. and Vielen Dank heer for clearing that but i think it would be better if the BST rules were based on posts not 6months because that 6month isnt going to stop scams from being made theres still those people on here who only has 5posts and been a member for WELL over 6months and even a year this is just my thought but if the rule was based on posts i think there would be more trust on the BST forums and the new feedback system is a nice good touch too...
Derek,

These comments suggest you are delibrately trying to go around the trading rules that have been in place on this forum for a whole lot longer than you have been here. Aferguson and P51 make the trading forum rules here, you do not.

As toyktdlgh said, this is not about you being a nice guy or not, it is about you trying to go around trading rules that have been here for several years. You are also trying to suggest that you and only you deserve to trade and should get some sort of a free pass to be allowed to trade. This is not acceptable here. During the scamming incidents, some of the offenders did the exact same thing. They offered all these good reasons why they should be allowed to trade early and people got burned. I do not understand why it is so hard for you to follow the rules here.

Instead of trying to trade, continue to go around the moderators and give people advice here, why not try going back through this forum and reading some of the posts about the scammers. Read what they did to people and how many people lost money here. Also read about the steps and dedication people had to take in order to get the offender and try to get their stuff back. Maybe then you will understand why there are trade rules in place here. They are here for a very good reason, and anyone who would want to be an upstanding member of this forum would follow them, not constantly try to go around them and bypass the moderators.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I think all this has really done is highlight the fact that the BST rules need to be revisited. I personally think they should be stricter and better defined.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Im not saying the rules should be changed JUST FOR ME but for all who has a certain amount of posts...

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Derek, again you seem to want to change things to benefit yourself, have you not missed the part that " ALL " members, including some of the most respected members here have to go by the rules?

I guess you missed the part about to get respect, you must first have to give it.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Derek:

The reason I said you feel the rules are just for you is because no other new members have been this vocal about making the change. Everyone who came here had to experience and live with this rule, period. You are the only one I have seen come here and so blatantly disregard it and try to change it on your own. The moderators have told you to stop trading, longtime members have told you to stop trading and yet you seem not to get what people are telling you. The longtime members of this forum do not want you trading here until after your 6 months period is up, that's it, end of story.

Although the posting idea is a good one, how can that be regulated. I can see you like posting here as you make several posts a day, but how does that justify you being able to make trades. I could make 1,000 posts a day sitting at my computer just posting aimlessly on every topic. But does that make me legal to trade here? No. The rule is very clear, you must be 18 and have been a member here 6 months. You will also see by posts of other members they have their own rules. For example some guys will only accept a money order or use priority mail, etc.

The idea behind the time period is that any scammer or person looking to scam quick cash will not be willing to wait around 6 months on here to trade. They will go to Craigslist and somewhere else. The problem with your idea is that someone who was very intent on making quick cash could sit here, make 500 posts pretty quickly...then go on and trade and scam the forum. After the incidents that happened here in the past, which were very serious, people are very gun shy here.

The ideal rule may be 6 months AND a certain number of posts to insure a person is not only intent on being a part of the board but also wants to be here and active in the community.

As a final word Derek, the people here are friends and respect and trust each other. I have heard from a few other members on this topic. Although you seem nice enough, people are very skeptical of your behavior as you seem to clearly want to defy any rules on trading here. After what has happened in the past, this is making people quite nervous. So please follow the rules, be an active part of the forum and when your probation time here is up, you can trade and it will go fine I'm sure. Just follow the rules is what everyone wants here!

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok i get that i have no more money to buy and nothing to sell anymore due to my upcoming small scale line so i have no problem waiting....
Is what i think should be done is all im saying and i know im not the only one who thinks that.
Now do you two understand what im getting at?...

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:09 pm

derek_001 wrote:Ok i get that i have no more money to buy and nothing to sell anymore due to my upcoming small scale line so i have no problem waiting....
Is what i think should be done is all im saying and i know im not the only one who thinks that.
Now do you two understand what im getting at?...
I'm sorry, I don't understand what your post means, could you please clarify what you are trying to say?, and what does it have to do with following posted rules?

Does it mean your starting your own business venture? and to the second part I haven't seen anyone but you going against the BST guidelines.

snake

Post by snake » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Let me chime in here.

The rules are in place for a very good reason. And members are expected to follow them.

Derek, you should respect and follow these rules, and simply wait for your six months to be up. You are not doing yourself any favours by disregarding these rules, and then being somewhat argumentative about it.

You do seem very keen, but you should let this go. Wait your six months, and then let her rip.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Do yall not see i just said ok....

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 pm

derek_001 wrote:Do yall not see i just said ok....
It's about as clear as your pics...

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:
derek_001 wrote:Do yall not see i just said ok....
It's about as clear as your pics...
Ok i admit thats funny... :lol: but my fiancé just got me a camera so im not going to use my phone no more...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 am

Phones aren't cameras and were never meant to be - just a crap gimmick add-on.

Its really lame when ebay sellers attempt using their phones to sell stuff. I never buy anything I can't get a good look at and phone pics just don't cut it.