Admiral Toys Me-262 "White 7"

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
C00per
Sergeant
Sergeant

Admiral Toys Me-262 "White 7"

Post by C00per » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:24 am

Hi Everybody,

I just saw the first online retailer here in Germany who obviously has the Me-262 White 7 in stock. I was really surprised to see this one here because usually it takes several weeks more for new items to be available here. So the question is: is it also being released in the US by now? I havn´t seen anything yet........

C00per

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:57 am

Badcat and Military still have it on pre-order. It looks like you are the first. How does it look?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

C00per
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C00per » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:27 am

Actually, just like Badcat has a "news" box this retailer also has one and there it states that the White 7 arrived early this week. The pictures on the website are just the same old pictures all the others have. I did not order any white 7 now because my guess is that I will find it cheaper someplace else. But if I should find actual pictures of the real model I will post the link here...... :)
Greetings C00per

C00per
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C00per » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:52 am

.... just talked to a guy from a european distributor for bbi. He told me that they expect a shipment with additional White 7 models in about two weeks. So it seems to be true that this one is finally being released to customers :) :D

normandy

White 7

Post by normandy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:32 pm

Hello COOPER, Thats great news for all the collectors in Europe. You guys may get this Me-262 before us. :wink:
Just wanted to let YOU know your Panzer IV has a place all to itself in my collection. Thanks.
There must be some place to post this but I'll say it here...COOPER is by far one of the best people anyone could do a trade with!
All the best to you my Friend and good luck with the White 7.
Normandy.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:06 pm

that has to be the most un exciting paint scheme. ever.

DH

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:50 pm

Might be the most unexciting but if I couldn't find 21st, BBI ect... and then :shock: here it is, man I'd be happy. We here in the states are lucky, many in Europe and down Under pay big bucks for this stuff. I like the Me-262 and I'm going to order this one "White 7". 8)

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:26 am

normandy wrote:Might be the most unexciting but if I couldn't find 21st, BBI ect... and then :shock: here it is, man I'd be happy. We here in the states are lucky, many in Europe and down Under pay big bucks for this stuff. I like the Me-262 and I'm going to order this one "White 7". 8)
This paint scheme has nothing to do with availablity of the product. The critique was for the blandness of that particular one.

Perhaps that plane has some major historical attributes that AT decided to capture that I am unaware of.

I am usually unaware of many things.

However it's still ugly :lol:

DH

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:46 am

scbvideoboy wrote:
normandy wrote:Might be the most unexciting but if I couldn't find 21st, BBI ect... and then :shock: here it is, man I'd be happy. We here in the states are lucky, many in Europe and down Under pay big bucks for this stuff. I like the Me-262 and I'm going to order this one "White 7". 8)
This paint scheme has nothing to do with availablity of the product. The critique was for the blandness of that particular one.

Perhaps that plane has some major historical attributes that AT decided to capture that I am unaware of.

DH
I would not call it ugly that is a little harsh. Plain yes. Will that stop me from getting it ? No. But there are hunderds of other 262 that they could have chosen paints that would have been better sellers. The light blue camo has always been one of my favs and there are several as well. There were several natural metal with no paint . That would have been cool.
Ugly :shock:

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 am

Admiral Toys website says the White 7 figure will be newly tooled. It will be interesting to see how the new one looks. :)

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:27 pm

We have them in stock and they look great. Very nice paint scheme done on it.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:38 pm

mountian-man wrote:Admiral Toys website says the White 7 figure will be newly tooled. It will be interesting to see how the new one looks. :)
I do not know who stated this on our website, but this is not true. The same old pilot.

regards,
Jason

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:40 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
mountian-man wrote:Admiral Toys website says the White 7 figure will be newly tooled. It will be interesting to see how the new one looks. :)
I do not know who stated this on our website, but this is not true. The same old pilot.

regards,
Jason
Maybe you could get a buch of me-262 pilots from 21st and slip them in your white 7 box. :D j/k
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:

DH
Thank you for your thoughtful critique. We appreciate collector feedback.

However, I wanted to restate what I wrote in the DFS thread:

As you remember, Admiral Toys released our ME 262 in a pretty snazzy paint scheme on the White 8. Then it was our competition's turn to release their first ME 262. We do not think there is enough room for the same plane in this market... even less room for the same plane with the same paint scheme!! So we chose a pretty cool looking 262 for the second scheme that we knew our competition would not release.

(Before you restate your opinion that we and 21st need an agreement... this has been discussed in full on this forum and behind closed telephone calls.) Sorry, it is not a possibility.

Regards,
Jason

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:51 pm

VMF115 wrote:
Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: I do not know who stated this on our website, but this is not true. The same old pilot.

regards,
Jason
Maybe you could get a buch of me-262 pilots from 21st and slip them in your white 7 box. :D j/k
We wish 21st would release their pilots for purchase. We would love to stop making pilots. They are expensive and not what we like to produce.

You should start an official campaign for the release of their pilots. We would love to sell you an airplane with an empty seat... trust me!

Regards,
Jason

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Jason, will the new Skyraider have a pilot that resembles your father? That would be cool. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:25 pm

Sabrefan wrote:Jason, will the new Skyraider have a pilot that resembles your father? That would be cool. :D
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A COOL IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:44 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:

DH
Beauty is judged by the eye of the beholder. I happen to like the pictures I've seen of White 7 because I've always liked the Me262s and also already have a White 8.

Though I liked the Fw-190s and the last round of 109s, I felt some of the paint jobs were too similar ... it confused me, "Do I have this?" "Does my brother have this?" When I look at White 7, I think, "Now I know I don't have this and I want it!" :)

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Our second 1:18 scale Me262!!!!!

Aircraft Features
1/18 Scale plastic display model
Movable Landing Gear
Movable Landing Gear Doors
Movable Flaps
Movable Flight Controls
Movable Leading Edge Slats
Gun Doors that open with a unique ball joint support
Canopy opens
Comes with one Pilot Action Figure (New Tooling)
Tampo Printed Markings!!!!
This is a very attractive display model that can double as a toy.
4 Leading Edge Slats that move
4 flaps

The correct markings for the tail are included!!!!

- From the Admiral toys website.*

It's ok Jason, I much prefer the airplanes to the figures as well. However if a company were to put pilot figures on the market, I think BBI would be the best candidate. I eagerly await the Dauntless and the Skyraider regardless of the pilot figures. 8)

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 am

Well we received our initial shipment of the White 7's and of coarse I had to put one together and play with it like I do pretty much every product we get in! I was initially skeptical about this paint scheme like many of you, but once I had the model together I couldn’t help to fall in love with it. The quality control on this production is very good, the paint, fit and stenciling is top notch. I think you will find that the Me-262 looks very sinister in this scheme! This basic paint scheme really defines the lines of the Great Luftwaffe Stormbird!

Isaiah Jones
www.MilitaryToyShop.com

vmf214

Bad Cat and White 7

Post by vmf214 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 am

I had one on preorder eons ago thru Bad Cat, no news on there sight, wonder when they'll get theirs. :?:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 pm

mkxiv wrote:I think you will find that the Me-262 looks very sinister in this scheme!
That's what I've been saying all along..... :wink: 8)
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm

Military toys has them now !!!!!!!!!!

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 pm

I'm lucky enough to work about three or four miles from Admiral Toys and picked up a White 7 late Friday. Life is good.

Seems to be every bit as nice as the White 8.

I've got 21c's P-51, P-40, Stuka, ME109, Tiger I, Panther, Sherman, M41 and Admiral's White 8. All of the models deserve/beg for better figures. Personally, I'd like to see McFarlane produce some pilots and tank crew.

digger

crewman

Post by digger » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:59 pm

You need a bbi Sherman for the best tanker fig, and a bbi Mustang pilot if you are not pleased with the 21C version.

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/bbi21370.htm

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/bbi21414.htm