Dauntless updates?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Dauntless updates?

Post by tko211 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:19 am

Just curious if anyone knows the status of the Dauntless? I was looking forward to adding that to the collection back in June. With the Avengers, the Hellcat & the Dauntless I was really liking the idea of a navy year! Last I heard there was a mishap with the prototype? Or am I thinking of the Skyraider project?

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 am

Hey TKO that was the A-1, I think we will see the SBD soon.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:04 am

MTS sent out a newsletter with a script from Jason in it. It won't let me copy and paste from the email, otherwise I would post the exact contents here. It should be down the pike soon (my personal guess is less than 6mths).
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 am

IIRC Jason said maybe by december, possibly later; it's still a go however.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:47 am

Here is what the Military Toy Shop news letter says:

UPDATE FROM ADMIRAL TOYS 09/01/07 ON 1:18 SBD DAUNTLESS

The SBD is being worked on as we speak. There have been delays. This is no secret. We will get the SBD to the Military Toy Shop, ASAP. The Military Toy Shop is a great company, and obviously a patient company. We have been notified by Isaiah and the team at Military Toy Shop that sales have been amazing. We are working at a fever pitch to get the models in the hands of their customers. You will see the SBD at the Military Toy Shop as soon as we have it completed and finished to our and the MTS' standards. Admiral Toys is not going to associate our name with a hastened production. We want it to be a great representation. One that Admiral Toys and Military Toy Shop knows you will be proud to display. We hope to have them in your hands by the end of this year to the early part of next year. They are well worth the wait. When you receive your model you will understand the reasons for delay. This is one of the most complicated models to produce. It may look small and easy, but it is a design nightmare. We are trying some design aspects that have never been used in 1:18. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!

Like VMF posted, the mishap was with the Skyraider. Like the news letter states, the SBD is going to have some amazing detail and I don't think anyone that purchases one will be let down..... :wink: The wait will seem trivial once it is in hand.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:06 am

My guess is that they are reworking the landing gear tooling. The plane looked great EXCEPT the landing gear.....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:01 pm

No, no, you've got it all wrong... TKO, 21c killed Admiral Toys through sheer size of competition, and so we won't ever be seeing the Dauntless, or the Skyraider, ever :twisted: :P :twisted:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 pm

Ok so the Dauntless is still a go then. -just a delay. (I also hope the gear are improved in the process, waiting for that change would be worth it in my book)

It's the Skyraider that was dammaged then? -Does anyone know if that is still coming out?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 pm

tko211 wrote:Ok so the Dauntless is still a go then. -just a delay. (I also hope the gear are improved in the process, waiting for that change would be worth it in my book)

It's the Skyraider that was dammaged then? -Does anyone know if that is still coming out?
Oh yeah, the Skyraider is still coming.... :wink: :D

Can't wait for that one. Jason eluded to this in one of his post a week or so back.

It will be another very impressive aircraft like their Dauntless will be.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Read the third paragraph in bold (from the Direct from the Source threads):
Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Hello fellow Members and Guests,

I am here to answer some of your questions. First, I do not have to explain our silence. We went over this in February, around the time of Toy Fair. Second, I apologize for absolutely no word. We have been busy with various projects, some in the toy industry, some in the home goods industry, and some on the personal level. I am not going to go into depth for my apologies.

The SBD is being worked on as we speak. There have been delays. This is no secret. We will get the SBD to the Military Toy Shop, ASAP. The Military Toy Shop is a great company, and obviously a patient company. We have been notified by Isaiah and the team at Military Toy Shop that sales have been amazing. We are working at a fever pitch to get the models in the hands of their customers. You will see the SBD at the Military Toy Shop as soon as we have it completed and finished to our and the MTS’ standards. Admiral Toys is not going to associate our name with a hastened production. We want it to be a great representation. One that Admiral Toys and Military Toy Shop knows you will be proud to display. We hope to have them in your hands by the end of this year to the early part of next year. They are well worth the wait. When you receive your model you will understand the reasons for delay. This is one of the most complicated models to produce. It may look small and easy, but it is a design nightmare. We are trying some design aspects that have never been used before in 1:18. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!

The Skyraider is our father’s aircraft. How can we not produce the Skyraider? It will be made. Hopefully it will be completed and delivered by Father’s Day of next year. That is my goal.

The F-4, you will have to wait and see. I am not saying that it is being worked on, and I am not saying that it is not being worked on. But have no worries, 21st already announced that theirs will be in the states in 2007 at a price that is well under our price, $89 or so? You cannot be upset with that news. I am positive they will make an incredible representation of the F-4. It will be fun to see the differences.

There are new projects in the works. I cannot discuss them at this time. I also am not sure if they will find their place on this forum. They are in 1:18 but not your standard military collectible. I like them, but you may not. You will find out soon, what I am talking about.

The White 7 is on its way to the UK! This is rare for Europe to receive an aircraft first. The only reason this happened is because of the three typhoons that have gone through that region in less then two weeks. The UK shipment made it out of China before the rest of the models. Now, China’s customs is backed up. We hope to have the models on the water in a mater of days. I have one of the White 7s on my desk. I think it is a great looking model with a lot of character. It just looks and feels menacing.

I think our 1:32 scale models are the best in the industry. They contain more detail, function and realism then any other offered. Unfortunately they are not being produced at this time. We have hopes that they will make it to the market in the future. The 1:32 world is blowing up this year. Look at 21st and BBI’s offerings, incredible models. I think ours will display very nicely if they make it out of the starting gate.

No one, besides MTS and one member of this site, has spoken to me personal in the last month. I have been working hard for the collecting community, and I have not forgotten or given up on this site. I really enjoy this site. It has been awhile since I last stopped by, but that gives me more to read and more to learn. I will stop by again in short time. Sorry to leave you waiting for news for such a long period of time.

Regards,
Jason
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Thanks for digging that up. It's easy to get behind on all the posts here and I missed that one! Good- so Skyraider in 08? -looks like 21st isn't the only company who experiences delay on projects.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm

It's nice to have it here to dig up and true there are delays in the industry. What's nice is that Admiral has kept us informed about why those delays have happened and what that means for the projected production of the model. I saw that Jason has put up a blog on Bad Cat's Tales of the Cat to give people insight into this industry and how models are made. Pretty interesting read.

Check it out... 8)
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:17 pm

digger wrote:Whatever happened to the Direct From the Source threads? There must be 8 threads on this page asking about the status of a particular item...wouldn't be easier to put all those inquiries into the relevant DFTS thread?

Let's also try to keep Ebay finds to the Ebay finds thread in the BST forum.
Hope you don't mind me quoting you digger, but what you said is relevant here as well. Thanks... :D

Why don't we delete this topic since it is evidently in the wrong place?
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:57 pm

Glad to see the SBD and Skyraider still coming and I really hate the F-4 got set to the side but I understand why, just business reality.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 am

Birddog wrote:
digger wrote:Whatever happened to the Direct From the Source threads? There must be 8 threads on this page asking about the status of a particular item...wouldn't be easier to put all those inquiries into the relevant DFTS thread?

Let's also try to keep Ebay finds to the Ebay finds thread in the BST forum.
Hope you don't mind me quoting you digger, but what you said is relevant here as well. Thanks... :D

Why don't we delete this topic since it is evidently in the wrong place?
because most of the time the DTS threads are filled with pages of people asking these questions. You end up having to go through multiple pages to try to find any answer you are looking for, and never quite certain you missed some update. Especially if the manufs. are busy and not responding that frequently, you end up with a whole bunch of pages of random musings.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

MG-42

AT 's SBD Dauntless ?

Post by MG-42 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Here's another one to add on my wish list. :roll: = 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Avenger, Corsair, Hellcat and soon an SBD. God I will have to build a carrier deck! Just kidding guys. The SBD is gonna be a great addition to my Pacific fleet. To bad one of the big 3 wont produce the F4F Wildcat. I really shouldnt say "wont" because we never know in this buisness but it would be cool to have an F4F to add to the stable.

It seems like I've had the SBD on pre-order with MTS for a long time but I know it will be worth the wait I'm sure.

:wink:
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

MG-42

Re: AT 's SBD Dauntless ?

Post by MG-42 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 pm

"You can bet your boots" ,.. on this one "MM" ! ... :wink: = 8)

:p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:21 pm

From my visits to MTS, Isaiah seems real upbeat about the project. He makes it clear that AT is committed to the project. I am sure the they are fine tuning it so it will be killer. The funstioning dive breaks are what really do it for me. I am stoked and I can't wait until it comes out.
Aaron

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Believe me, it will be "killer" when it's done..... :wink:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm

when you say functioning dive breaks, do you mean, you can like press a button, and they will open? or what?
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:30 pm

MIGMADMAVIS wrote:when you say functioning dive breaks, do you mean, you can like press a button, and they will open? or what?
No buttons or anything mechanical other than using your hand. They will actually fold down into the correct position for a dive set up.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:23 am

Anyone knows whether AT will produce another version of this plane in an alternative paint scheme? <a href="http://www.hyperscale.com/galleries/ima ... .jpg">This one looks great in 1:32 scale</a>.

Source: http://www.hyperscale.com/galleries/sbd232rs_1.htm

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 am

You know KOF, I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. It is a very cool prewar scheme. And, I do love that whole 1930s golden age of aviation vibe.
Aaron