BBI Zero Is it the most expensive?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

BBI Zero Is it the most expensive?

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 pm

The Woofer had a white BBI Zero that sold for over $330 !! :shock: The green one has been selling for about $150 to $250 .
The white Bf 109 has been going for about $125.
Has the BBI hit a home run on there Zero? It has only been about 4 months since everybody has sold out. There are still some greens around at some of the smaller e-tailers :? but they are fetching over $100 or so on e-bay. Is this the fastest collector item in 1/18 of all time?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:11 pm

the older corsairs used to go in the $300+ range routinely a few years ago. Lou IV did pretty close to that too.

But the Zero is fetching some pretty top dollars. Interesting to see for all those who said it wouldn't be a popular plane.

Sure glad i got my two. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 pm

BBI has only issued 2 schemes, so I would think another 2 or so are in the works..
Be patient young Padewan.. There will be more.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:34 pm

oh for sure.......it still is coming to TRU; probably this Fall, according to Mike. The BCT exclusive PH scheme won't show up again maybe but there are lots of other PH schemes that can be done, plus green schemes and others. :)

MG-42

bbi Zero's ?

Post by MG-42 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:42 pm

.......... I agree !

...... but , "as far as what they fetch for now on eviLBay" ,.......

.......... "Yeah" ,.. now that's INSANE ! ...
:shock:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:07 pm

Hopefully they'll get to TRU! I'm in the mood for a green Zero, but its proving to be difficult to track one down at a decent price... However, I almost have to chuckle with amazement that especially the PH Zero is going for so much at the moment on ebay. Glad I got one when I did 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: BBI Zero Is it the most expensive?

Post by Charlemagne » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:45 pm

pickelhaube wrote:The Woofer had a white BBI Zero that sold for over $330 !! :shock: The green one has been selling for about $150 to $250 .
The white Bf 109 has been going for about $125.
Has the BBI hit a home run on there Zero? It has only been about 4 months since everybody has sold out. There are still some greens around at some of the smaller e-tailers :? but they are fetching over $100 or so on e-bay. Is this the fastest collector item in 1/18 of all time?
Yeah it's insane...I saw a PH Zero on evilbay sell for $360 two nights ago. I made the mistake of telling the Mrs about it and now she wants me to sell my Green BBI Zero. I told her the Green ones were not selling for as much. I just didnt tell her how much less.... :wink:

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Over $300 for a Zero? wow, I didn't know they were selling for that much.

Say, anyone care to make a fun and crazy prediction on which airplane will be the next hot thing selling for crazy money?

My guess will be the F-86.

MG-42

bbi Zero's ?

Post by MG-42 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:48 pm

........ :lol: , lol , "Black Lion".
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:45 pm

It seems that alot of aircraft has had their day in the spotlight. Trying to predict which ones will sell for a premium is like trying to pick the next big stock that will skyrocket in price.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:00 pm

For those of us that have been in this hobby from the beginning, dont forget that 21st is coming out with a Zero......oh wait, that was three years ago they announced that :P

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:14 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:For those of us that have been in this hobby from the beginning, dont forget that 21st is coming out with a Zero......oh wait, that was three years ago they announced that :P
Pretty obvious that BBI killed that idea.. There just isn't room for more than one manufacturer making a zero.. Sure the zero is popular now, but when they start showing up at TRU, the folks that paid $300 for one may feel pretty foolish.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm

hworth18 wrote:
CW4USARMY wrote:For those of us that have been in this hobby from the beginning, dont forget that 21st is coming out with a Zero......oh wait, that was three years ago they announced that :P
Pretty obvious that BBI killed that idea.. There just isn't room for more than one manufacturer making a zero.. Sure the zero is popular now, but when they start showing up at TRU, the folks that paid $300 for one may feel pretty foolish.. :wink:
That fact that the BBIs are selling for 300.00 duckies proves they should have made it while they had the chance! :wink:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:45 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:
hworth18 wrote: Pretty obvious that BBI killed that idea.. There just isn't room for more than one manufacturer making a zero.. Sure the zero is popular now, but when they start showing up at TRU, the folks that paid $300 for one may feel pretty foolish.. :wink:
That fact that the BBIs are selling for 300.00 duckies proves they should have made it while they had the chance! :wink:
yuper, they should have made thiers.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:49 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:
hworth18 wrote: Pretty obvious that BBI killed that idea.. There just isn't room for more than one manufacturer making a zero.. Sure the zero is popular now, but when they start showing up at TRU, the folks that paid $300 for one may feel pretty foolish.. :wink:
Mmmmmmmm Noooooooooo.. If 21st had made theirs, the market would've been saturated with Zeros and they would have to be sold at discount prices just to get rid of them.. :roll:
I predict we'll see more and when we do, I'll get one.. :wink:
-Howard Stark

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:20 am

hworth18 wrote:
CW4USARMY wrote: That fact that the BBIs are selling for 300.00 duckies proves they should have made it while they had the chance! :wink:
Mmmmmmmm Noooooooooo.. If 21st had made theirs, the market would've been saturated with Zeros and they would have to be sold at discount prices just to get rid of them.. :roll:
I predict we'll see more and when we do, I'll get one.. :wink:
I dont see the BBi Corcairs or mustangs selling for discount prices ;-)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:51 am

Black Lion VF-213 wrote:Over $300 for a Zero? wow, I didn't know they were selling for that much.

Say, anyone care to make a fun and crazy prediction on which airplane will be the next hot thing selling for crazy money?

My guess will be the F-86.
I am not sure about the planes but when or if the Tiger II comes out that will an instant collectors item. :shock:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:04 am

CW4USARMY wrote:I dont see the BBi Corcairs or mustangs selling for discount prices ;-)
And you also don't see them selling for $300 dollars either... The fact is that the Mustang and Corsair are VERY popular planes and the zero isn't.. Japanese stuff typically doesn't sell well across the board (I know, I collect everything from 1/144 to 1/18 ). 21st Centurys 32x Zeros didn't sell well (along with the Macchis) and could still be found on many Walmart shelves a year after they were produced, which is unusual for 32x planes that typically sell very well... :wink:
-Howard Stark

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:15 am

WOW - I passed on the PH one from Bad Cat because it was an exclusive, but more so because I liked the green one much more for the paint scheme. Now I wish I had bought one. But there will be others and better. IF that PH one is re released, whoever spent 330 on it is going to be PISSED.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:35 am

hworth18 wrote:
CW4USARMY wrote:I dont see the BBi Corcairs or mustangs selling for discount prices ;-)
And you also don't see them selling for $300 dollars either... The fact is that the Mustang and Corsair are VERY popular planes and the zero isn't.. Japanese stuff typically doesn't sell well across the board (I know, I collect everything from 1/144 to 1/18 ). 21st Centurys 32x Zeros didn't sell well (along with the Macchis) and could still be found on many Walmart shelves a year after they were produced, which is unusual for 32x planes that typically sell very well... :wink:
OK, I give... :wink:

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:39 am

wow. I had no idea that they were pulling those numbers? I bought both of mine from BCT when came out. Just goes to prove what will be a hit and what will not.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:44 am

i got the green zero off ebay last summer for peanuts......something like $30 or so. Amazing how things change so quickly.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 am

What's really funny is that from what I remember, the PH Zero wasn't a big hit when it was out. I'm happy I got my pair.....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:28 am

I traded for my Zeros plane for plane. I hope they do come out with some new Zeros for those of you that didn't get one.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.