POST ALL HELLCAT FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:50 pm

ok i just heard from them. My order's been processed. Good price too. All is well. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

toysnswords

Post by corpbob » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 pm

I tried to tell ya Aferg, strange bunch at toysnswords. But the price was great and the extra wait (about 2 weeks for me too) was worth it.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:35 pm

aferguson wrote:ok i just heard from them. My order's been processed. Good price too. All is well. :)
Good for you Aferg.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 pm

ok now i'm getting tired of this hobby. I went into my closest TRU and they had one Hellcat in stock. it was broken. so i went up to the CSA and asked if they had anymore in. He looked it up and said it was discontinued. I said what the hell its a brand new plane. he said the warehouse has none. there was a few in other stores around the area but they are to far from me.
so whats the deal?? discontinued?? I want a Hellcat and not going to buy one till it is discounted at BCA.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Discontinued??? I don't think so. :wink:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:38 am

I dont think its been discontinued. It just hit the shelves for gods sake! The guy probably didnt know what the hell was goin on and he probably didnt want to help you out. Typical. But no it hasnt been discontinued.

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 pm

TRU's has a crazy inventory system. Before the 21st Century S1 Tiger I and Sdffz 251's arrived in stores, I had a stock clerk look them up. According to his computer, they were ordered but also shown as discontinued before they were on the shelves. The same thing happened with some diecast cars I was trying to find at TRU's.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Found a Hellcat at TRU here is Austin Sat. Looked good but when I opened to assemble the hub of the prop is really warped and looks bad. It was the only one they had. I wonder if I should try to get a new prop from Bbi or take it back to the store.
Todd

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 am

Found two Hellcats yesterday at the TRU's in Kansas City, M0. Unfortunately for me I am broke till payday. They also had the M17 trailer. After finding these two plus the FOV's and some diecast cars, I will be broke again Payday +1.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:08 am

Hellcats have landed at a Northern, CA TRU. :D

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 pm

I think tom i'm going to call toysrus and see what they'll sell the hellcat that has a broken antenna on it for. Looking at the rest of the plane it doesn't seem to have any other broken parts. Then when they get new ones i'll return this one and get a new one.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am

so i did go and buy it. i got 20% off due to the antenna being broken. but it's no big deal cause i can still tie it back on. ok the instructions say that theres an extra string thing and the pitot. WHERE IS IT??? never mind found it.
ok here are the complaints. my god the instructions don't tell you to pull on the landing gear to make them turn out. so one of them got broken. the prop is so loose that i'm going to have to do the same thing i did to my avenger put a screw in with washers. the drop tank got broken a bit. at least the wings fold nicely. thats the main reason for getting it. just button a few things up and it'll be good as gold.

JUG63
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JUG63 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Found 2 @ the TRU in Dundee, IL. They were NOT in the aisle with the rest of the BBI/21C stuff, but up high in the back aisle with the RC cars & boats. I boought one, so there is still one there.
Everything looks good except for a scratch on the fuselage behind the canopy. Flaps are loose, but the stay put if pushed in, large seam below cowling, prop is very stiff and needed to be worked to spin. All of these things are NBD.
My biggest gripe is the main landing gears. I had a really hard time getting them to lock down into place. I was afraid of snapping off the struts, so I used a screw driver to help flex the plastic inside the wheel-well until they locked.
I glad that the plane is so short, other wise it wouldn't fit in the cabinet next to my Avenger, which is too big to share space with any of my other 1:18 planes.

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:38 pm

The Tacoma, WA TRU has Hellcat in.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:49 pm

The TRU in Clovis, CA. has the Hellcat in - one way up on the top shelf. Don't need it, but cool to see that it arrived 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

nice

Post by digger » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:54 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:The TRU in Clovis, CA. has the Hellcat in - one way up on the top shelf. Don't need it, but cool to see that it arrived 8)
Good score. Another case of Tman's unwarranted concern. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:16 pm

I wasn't worried about the Hellcat... Just the figures - which did take their time. ...and there's still no quad-.50 trailers or VN figures yet :wink:

My worries, whether concerning TRU or Wal Mart come from the several actual instances when my area was indeed bypassed. At TRU, the instance that comes to mind was the first wave of single-carded BBI WWII figures: the one with the US Officer, Rifleman, BAR gunner, 101st AB trooper and 82nd AB trooper. Alot of gas was needlessly wasted searching. I found them on road trips, even as close as the next-nearest TRU 40 miles outside of town, but they never showed in my area itself :roll: Always afraid of a repeat, especially when my TRU takes so long to stock the figures compared to other stores elsewhere in the state...

However, today worked out 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:29 pm

I found the hellcat locally here today; I put it together at work in my lavish cubicle, after much frustration and rereading of the hellcat thread, I was satisfied with the final product. I've also moved moved another 6 AC from the basement to my work station. I cut lengths of coat hangers to lay them flush against the walls. The mockery of the coworkers has, of course, turned to grudging acceptance- their work areas reflect the sterile coldness of todays modern indentured servitude (for a pittance) - but my area reflects the wonders and joys of XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Enough of that BS.

The wings of my hellcat have a sag probably only noticeable to me- how many fixes have we discovered yet? The flap that pushes up to support the lower side of the wing as well as supporting it against the body-- could one find a type of heavy duty one sided tape or something similar to run along the edge where it meets the wing to push it farther up? (That sentence breaks all known grammatical rules).

C-7A Caribou
Corporal
Corporal

Post by C-7A Caribou » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:38 pm

I found I think three Hellcats at the Kalamazoo TRU. I was too busy trying to find figures so I didn't count, but did look one over, and would've bought it if I had the money.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:39 pm

I saw 3 Hellcats at my local TRU in Maplewood MN. Plus they had 2 Corsairs and 2 Mustangs.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 pm

No hellcats at the silverdale Wa store.Plus they say they will not be getting any :cry: so i ordered mine online tired of looking for it.
Could not think of anything to put here.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 am

Next round of Hellcats arrived in Tulsa, all with broken tail antennas.. :cry:
Maybe BBI needs to rethink their packaging.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Mike says 'wait and see' on the Dave McCampbell Hellcat....but he likes the idea.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:29 pm

aferguson wrote:Mike says 'wait and see' on the Dave McCampbell Hellcat....but he likes the idea.
Likes the idea? This should have been BBI's first Hellcat release in my book. Why? Because were talking about a Medal Of Honor winner and were talking about a guy who scored 38 kills second I believe only to Richard Bong. I love the Vraciu paint scheme so dont get me wrong but Minisi III would have been my first choice if I was BBI. Thats why I will hold off on buying anymore F6F's until they hopefully come out with a re-paint of McCampbells famous Hellcat. Gadget is good enough for me even if they dont do a Minisi III repaint but I think it would be nice for BBI do do one. Hopefully they will.

:)