Walmart Resets

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Walmart Resets

Post by FieroDude » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:06 pm

I stopped off at the Benton Harbor Walmart tonight, and they had the new planograms out and were in the process of moving stuff around. What I found disturbing is that the only space dedicated to 1/18 was for figures. The rest was 1/32 or smaller. Likweise, the 2 Huffs that had been with the 21st stuff had disappeared. I found one in the clearance (no price marked), and the other one stacked with 4 they must have dug out of the stockroom, on a top shelf near the Leapfrog stuff (makes sense to me--NOT).
But before everyone starts preaching gloom and doom about the death of 1/18 (at least at WM), it was the same thing last year. And then the store got stocked with tons of old XD vehicles, and they had to shift stuff around. I kind of get the impression that WM is planning based on what they know is coming in a speific timeframe. I am sure we will see some more stuff in time for Christmas. If we're lucky, the 88 and King Tiger, but guaranteed some reissues of older stuff. Plus we now have TRU :D
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:17 pm

my walmart is doing the same thing except i couldn't find the 1:18 figure pegs. they had nothing. so i'll check back in a few days.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 pm

All my AO Wallys are doing resets. takes them forever too. :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Same here in florence :shock: Only 4 planes and 4 1/32 planes,and some 1/144 stuff and that was it :shock They must be getting ready to restock big time :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Same MO in a few of the Northern, CA WM's. Have to wait and see what sort of products, if any, these stores will receive.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:31 am

Store resets are the biggest waste of manpower to the store. I don't understand management's love of resets. And it frustrates customers.

I hate walking into a store and see empty shelves, buggies full of junk and now, wondering where every thing is.

DH

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:57 am

At one Walmart, I asked the Toy Mgr. about their reset and XD. He told me I'd just have to wait til the reset was done and also added how he thought that collectors are worse than little kids...then he walked away laughing with a couple of co-workers. Before I left, I 'retaped' their reset papers...in different spots...in different aisles :lol: :twisted:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:38 am

holensock wrote:At one Walmart, I asked the Toy Mgr. about their reset and XD. He told me I'd just have to wait til the reset was done and also added how he thought that collectors are worse than little kids...then he walked away laughing with a couple of co-workers. Before I left, I 'retaped' their reset papers...in different spots...in different aisles :lol: :twisted:
You are rebel, Holensock!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:30 am

holensock wrote:At one Walmart, I asked the Toy Mgr. about their reset and XD. He told me I'd just have to wait til the reset was done and also added how he thought that collectors are worse than little kids...then he walked away laughing with a couple of co-workers. Before I left, I 'retaped' their reset papers...in different spots...in different aisles :lol: :twisted:

LMAO!!!!!! :lol:

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:35 am

Reset are a great time to find deals as well. Last night I picked up the 1/32 DAK panzer for $10.00. I am waiting to see if they lower the price on the surplus of migs, f-86s and p-51s that several WM in my area currently have. Keep a look out for 1/18 figures, 1/144 planes, etc. on clearance. Just have to dig around to find them.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 am

All the WM's in my AO still have plenty of 1/18 planes, tons of Huff's, Old Crow's, all 3 Mig's, both PH P40's, Tiger Meet 104's, and Laven 104's. Plus got the new 1/144 dogfight sets and also the new 1/32 armor sets. Most of them here have already moved everything around putting the toy section in the bloody back corner of the store several months ago. One WM still has a ton of 109G's.

As far as clearance goes, the 1/32 tanks are at $11 and the 1/48 planes are $7. NO 1/18 on clearance at this time.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am

CW4USARMY wrote:

Typical moron WM employee. He has a job because of both kids AND us... :P
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:01 am

Stores here are restting also.. One Walmart I went to had their XD planes on clearance for $39.84!!!!!! :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:22 am

Same thing in my area resets resets resets. :lol:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 am

The Walmart in my area dont have a single 1/18th airplane! The manager said all they have now is the 1/32nd and 1/48th planes and he has no idea when they will be getting anymore 1/18th planes. He said they just dont sell well anymore.

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:04 am

Man, look at all the fun this guy gets to have! That 8th grade diploma is really paying off!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 am

Now that's what I call payback!!!!! :D :D

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:53 pm

I suppose if they don't move them, they will reduce them further. However, WM has known to do other strange things with items that don't sell.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Reset in progress at my local WM as well, looks like a slew of XD Migs and P-51's could soon be on clearance but none would of any interest to me unless they are discounting them like 50% or more. At any rate, hopefully there will be some new stuff appearing on the shelves there in the near future, it's been a long dry spell in these parts.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Mine is in progress, it will probably take days and days like earlier this year. No 21st items on clearence and no new items on the shelves. :evil:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:04 am

OOPS, I did it again...
Have you ever tried to call the WM Toy Dept? I waited for what seemed like 10 minutes for someone to answer, asked about XD, waited for what seemed like another 10 minutes only to get asked, "What was it you wanted?" I asked about XD again (they had a ton of 32X on the shelf when I was in there a week ago) only to hear this time that they don't have ANYTHING like that at all. They just hung up without me being able to make a reply. So I waited for a few minutes, called back, again, waited FOREVER til the toy person answered, then asked if they still had those HUGE r/c trucks (I was in this store about a week ago and saw these monsters WAY UP on a shelf by the bicycles). I waited on the phone as they checked...they came back and said yes they had 4. I asked if they would get them for me and I'll be in soon to get them.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ya know, I do hate doing this, but hey, all I'd like is just some good Customer Service....

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm glad there is a thread for this topic. I live about 25 miles from the local hobby store, so Wal Mart always filled the gap for primer, some paints and the Testor brushes. Since the remodeling the inside, ALL evidence of hobby paints, brushes and even glue are GONE! All that remains are some 1/32nd items and that's it. Maybe they are waiting for Christmas to "restock" but I doubt it.

There was always some type of 1/18th stuff there. A sign of things to come?

Jeff

lou210
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lou210 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:57 pm

I hope walmart isnt going to stop selling 1/18 scale. Last year at this time they had 1/18 vehicles and after Christmas all they had were the left over half tracks. After they sold out i havent seen any vehicles on the shelf so maybe that is what is going to happen with the airplanes

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:53 pm

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't mind if WM ceases to carry the XD line. Ever since TRU came on again as an XD retailer, it's a lot easier to find the newer items almost always in stock and not having to spend countless hours going from store to store and coming up empty handed. Granted, TRU charges a little more for the XD stuff than WM, but the small price increase offsets the time and energy spent looking for items at WM.