WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by popeye357 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:03 pm

Im looking through the 1/18 database in the reference section and I came across a few models that werent made but would be awsome to have, why wouldnt they put these out??
1. Sahara Huey - I have the Air America and the Hoghead, both great birds but would be even better hanging alongside a desert cammi chopper with some militia figures piloting it.
2. XD Little Bird - I have three hanging overhead the first BBI, a PTE thats painted tan and the nightstalkers, one more would just add to the coolness.
3. Jeep with the recoiless rifle - that would be great for a blackhawk down dio
4. PBR - that would be great for Platoon or Apocalypse Now...damn that would be cool. And lastly, why did the Sky Capatin 40 come without a pilot?? Any pilot would do.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Those all would be great to have. But sooner or later they will come out with one. Or you could make them :D But they also depend on what the customer want's. As for the pilot i would just stick any ordinary pilot in there. So don't let up man :D :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:20 pm

I thought the Sky Captain P-40 came with a pilot figure - or at least the ones that went to the small retailers... It was the standard P-38/P-47 pilot figure in a black jacket.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Possibly. I seem to recall seeing two versions at WM, as well. Most did not have the figure. But a handful did. I don't know if it was because of licensing issues with Jude Law or what. I seem to recall TKO mentioning once that for that reason, it couldn't look like him. Maybe they figured if it couldn't look like him, they wouldn't include a figure, then decided otherwise?
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 pm

I got a Sky Captain P-40 a while back and it did not have a pilot figure.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 pm

The all the Sky Captain P-40s I saw at Wal Mart did not have the figure, but this photo of the actual product (from www.smalljoes.com) shows the figure:

To correct a bit of what I earlier said, the figure appears to be the standard P-40 style pilot in a black jacket and not the P-38/P-47 pilot.

Its a spot on look-alike to Jude Law :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:13 pm

I would have to crawl into the attic to double check, but the packaging in the Smalljoes pic actually looks a little different than I recall. Did they do two slightly different runs, or am I having a senior moment?
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:17 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I thought the Sky Captain P-40 came with a pilot figure - or at least the ones that went to the small retailers... It was the standard P-38/P-47 pilot figure in a black jacket.
All of the Sky Captain aircraft that we have gotten from 21st have the pilot figure (see pictures @ SMALLJOES). I believe it is just a repaint of the standard figure. Perhaps those that went out to Wally World did not have the figure?
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 am

Thats probably it then, I got mine at WM

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:42 am

I got mine at Walmart, and no pilot was included.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jeffrowse » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 am

popeye357 wrote:Im looking through the 1/18 database in the reference section and I came across a few models that werent made but would be awsome to have, why wouldnt they put these out??
Please put the can of worms down and step away slowly. Oops, too late. :roll:

Now we'll have all the old favourites resurfacing again - the Warthog, (hey, whatever happened to the "Gimme An A10 or I'll Starve" mob, they've gone kinda quiet... :shock: ), everybody's favourite camo pattern for WWII armour, the requests for more modern/WWII/British/Russian/non-American/non-German/American/German models...

The ultimate aim of any business is to make money, whether it is the hobbyist making enough to cover his costs or a large corporation keeping their shareholders happy. This is one reason we see so many different versions of a particular type - Mustang fans will buy several different colour schemes because they like Mustangs and it is a lot cheaper to create some more decal sheets and spray masks than it is to make new moulds...
Whilst it would be great if the manufacturers would make everything we want, they can only really make things that will bring in the money. Of course, sometimes the two groups (our wants, their best sellers) match and we're happy, but unfortunately the two groups don't meet as often as we'd like. :(

Of course, if I won the lottery and could afford to build my own factory there'd be a steady supply of new stuff, but since there's more chance of the Earth crashing into the Sun... (true - odds against winning the UK Lottery are approx 14-and-a-half million to one against winning. :evil: )
'Til then, I guess we'll just have to hope the Powers That Be read this forum and can make what we ask for (and yes, I know some of them read it, so we're half-way there :D )

Jeff.

"Kill the prisoners," - BLAM! BLAM! - "We must not!" - from the 'Top Ten Reasons Yoda should not be a military commander'.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:35 am

jeffrowse wrote: Now we'll have all the old favourites resurfacing again - the Warthog, (hey, whatever happened to the "Gimme An A10 or I'll Starve" mob, they've gone kinda quiet... :shock: )
Didn't you get the funeral notices? Most of them starved to death. The balance are in the ICU on a liquid diet drip...
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

digger

unproduced

Post by digger » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:49 am

Popeye, I understand your thinking but I disagree with 3 out of 4 of your choices.
We DO NOT need to a funny Tiger Striped Huey clogging shelves.

We have a Jeep and a Recoiless rife (if you need one I will send). Put them together and you have #3 on your list.

We have an awesome - and very affordable - LB from bbi. And a Nightstalker version. We DO NOT need another LB just with a different company's box. However I agree the PBR would be very cool. 8)

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:52 am

jeffrowse wrote:

Now we'll have all the old favourites resurfacing again - the Warthog, (hey, whatever happened to the "Gimme An A10 or I'll Starve" mob, they've gone kinda quiet... :shock: ),
BOO!!!

We're still here................ :lol: :D

and accounted for either in human or ghostly form. Think about the majority of your ghost stories, the ghost usually hang around and haunt as they like until they are given some peace. We appear when we want to....... :wink:
Last edited by Birddog on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:52 am

I suspect the items in the "Sahara" line never saw the light of day due to how quickly the movie itself disappeared from the theatres. If a movie does poorly then so does licensed merchandise associated with it.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:48 am

You wound me...the Huey is an excellent peice for an adversary. As for the RR, whats the price for it? Sorry for bringing up an old subject but isnt this what this section is for?? I dont read every post put on here by everyone so please excuse my ignorance.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:19 pm

jeffrowse wrote:
Now we'll have all the old favourites resurfacing again - the Warthog, (hey, whatever happened to the "Gimme An A10 or I'll Starve" mob, they've gone kinda quiet... :shock: )
I am still alive but barely,,,to weak from hunger to type…….. :P
Btw good point.....Where is our A-10,,,,F-14.….F-15.…mig-29 .ect….

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:34 pm

Besides the A-10 I think this should go into the old "Who Cares" post :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Besides the A-10 I think this should go into the old "Who Cares" post :?

why don’t we just create thread with all the repaints and new products that we want made but never seen the light of day. And as each item is made we can cross it off the list. And make it a sticky.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:25 pm

That would be great. Then we could give them new ideas too :wink:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo