TBF Bunker Hill due next month!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

TBF Bunker Hill due next month!

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Just got my comfirmation from BCA ,Finally! TBF Bunker Hill due in next month!! :D :D :D

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:14 pm

That will be a nice looking Avenger. It looks great in the Bunker Hill paint scheme. I am just wondering where I will put this model. :oops:
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:40 pm

Sabrefan wrote:That will be a nice looking Avenger. It looks great in the Bunker Hill paint scheme. I am just wondering where I will put this model. :oops:
Same here the current one i have takes up more room than what i thought it would. Just think on how big the b-25 will be :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 pm

I would buy one BUT my current Avenger already takes up enough room! Besides I have to leave room for the F6F coming in August.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 am

I have been up with China today/…today. Between phone calls, I thought I might stop by the forums to see what was divulged. I read this post, and I will only say is: “Obviously the companies are scared of manufacturing large aircraft when the first couple of “true collector's” posts worry about where to put these models." We rely on you collectors. But when you say you have no room…we begin to have reservations. This is not a good sign regarding whether or not we should manufacture large scale models. I personally think that large twins are a hoop dream ((unless you are talking about twin jet engines) this might be a hint)). But if you collectors have no room… what do you think the rest of the casual buyers are thinking?

Regards,
Jason

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:37 am

Jason, please bring on the twin jet engine planes ie. the A-10. I think people will buy it because it is so distinctive and it interests groundpounders and plane enthusiasts as well. The only jet that might suffer in sales is likely the F-15. Although a great plane, it's just not sexy enough. Dragon made some nice F-15's in 1/72 and most retailers had to clearance them in the end. Of course I could be wrong on that and maybe they just produced too many of them.
Todd

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:57 am

Been waitin for this one.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:09 am

Hi Jason, please bring on the large twin jet engines! I will have room for that! :D
Paul Hebert

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:13 am

IMO, the Avenger takes up the least room of any 1/18 plane today, with wings folded that is.

Believe me, when someone will make a 1/18 B-17, I will make room, even if that means loosing my TV. :wink:

Maybe I am a bit extreme, but I threw out my table to put a shelf for my planes, I also hollowed out my closet, which gives me room for 4 planes in there. I get 14 from the shelf.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:18 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:I have been up with China today/…today. Between phone calls, I thought I might stop by the forums to see what was divulged. I read this post, and I will only say is: “Obviously the companies are scared of manufacturing large aircraft when the first couple of “true collector's” posts worry about where to put these models." We rely on you collectors. But when you say you have no room…we begin to have reservations. This is not a good sign regarding whether or not we should manufacture large scale models. I personally think that large twins are a hoop dream ((unless you are talking about twin jet engines) this might be a hint)). But if you collectors have no room… what do you think the rest of the casual buyers are thinking?

Regards,
Jason
Ah, but there is key distinction between this crew and the casual buyer. The casual buyer may pick up a plane because it catches their eye, or because it has always been a favorite. Case in point: a friend of mine collects 1/32, and has no intention of collecting 1/18. BUT he does plan on buying a 1/18 Dauntless and a B-25 when they come out, because they are his favorites, and in his words, the bigger the better.
This crew generally picks up vrtually everything that comes out, often in multiples. So while the casual buyer may be dealing with 1 or 2 planes in their "collection", we have offices, living rooms, garages, etc. that make the skies over O'Hare look like a country landing strip. And at the same time, it seems that when something new comes out, we DO make room somehow.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:23 am

i think with 1/18 you will have the dedicated core of collectors, who will buy pretty much everything and find room for it somehow....if it means storing part of the collection it their boxes and rotating what's on display or even if it means learning to sleep standing up. I know that i've already got far more airplanes on display then i would ever have thought possible and still have lots of room. One can get quite creative with space.

The other buyer for these items, and i suspect this is by far where the lions share of them are sold is the casual collector who will only ever buy a few planes and will only get the ones that really appeal to them. But there is a huge number of people that fit into this category and because of this type of person i suspect that there will always be a strong market for these big planes, even when the small, fanatical collector community is totally out of room. The dauntlass will appeal to some, the 262 to others and the F-4 to still others. Lots of people like planes and many of the plane lovers will want to have one or two of these beauties.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JoeS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 am

Echo the sentiments expressed in the above posts. Here in the UK we've got less space, but that still doesn't stop me or others that I know from investing in what's produced. I'm in the process of converting the attic to display my ever burgeoning flock. Also rotating the models helps alot.So please keep these big birds rolling off the line, I'll be waiting to catch as many as I can... :-)

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 am

aferguson and JoeS said it all....

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:17 am

Oh no no no my friend--my wife and I just bought a new house. One of the specifics while looking for the new house was that I would have a bunker. I have an entire finished basement all to my own. I have to buy more models to fill the space and I am looking forward to the upcomming B-25 and whatever else may come our way.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 am

With the wings folded the Avenger model really does not take that much space. I had not reallly planned on getting another Avenger, but that Bunker Hill really looks great.
Paul Hebert

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:42 am

I might just have to do a ground scene then :D But that bunker hill one really does look good though. Ill buy 2 :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 am

It really comes down to what that large twin is. If it is well done people will make room for it.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:40 am

With only a few A/C in my collection of toys, I would like to say, maybe Jason is right. Maybe 1/18 is too large a scale fror the big planes.

I think 1/18 is a great scale for vehicles and maybe 1/32 would be better for the planes, especially the larger planes, which would still be a sizable piece in 1/32. I have picked up a few 1/32 planes and they look great with my other 1/18 and my 1/6 toys and dollies.

Of course I say this with my 1/18 Dauntless pre-order long in the pipeline and I have been waiting for the Bunker Avenger for a year and of course I will always have room for a gunship B-25 :roll:

As a confirmed groundpounder, I will always have room for a few of my special favorites, no matter what scale. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:44 am

Pretty nice looking TBF but it's only 1:32 aircraft for me from now on. I'm even considering selling my Atlantic Avenger and Squitch F-86 to make room.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:04 pm

I will make room for any large 1:18 bird. :wink:
make it and we will but it. all of my stuff is still in boxes from the move so I have room for 12 F-4's and b-25's and A-1's and any thing else you might come out with.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:14 pm

Ive got plenty of ceiling!

I even plan to put one of those rotators for a mirror ball or chandelier, with 4 arms to hold 4 XD in a luftbury circle.

Right in the center of our pub room.

Guiness and Luftbury's :tasty:

No stealing my idea, now

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 pm

I applaud the ambition behind creating 1/18 scale twin engine aircraft. For me it shows progressive thinking that will extend the future of these scale models beyond repaints. Lest we not forget that very Large scales have been around for years in the RC genre. IF YOU BUILD IT, I WILL MAKE ROOM!

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:I have been up with China today/…today. Between phone calls, I thought I might stop by the forums to see what was divulged. I read this post, and I will only say is: “Obviously the companies are scared of manufacturing large aircraft when the first couple of “true collector's” posts worry about where to put these models." We rely on you collectors. But when you say you have no room…we begin to have reservations. This is not a good sign regarding whether or not we should manufacture large scale models. I personally think that large twins are a hoop dream ((unless you are talking about twin jet engines) this might be a hint)). But if you collectors have no room… what do you think the rest of the casual buyers are thinking?

Regards,
Jason
Jason,

I already have a 10 X 20 storage unit that I keep my overflow in. There's more than enough room for more! :wink: I rotate the stock when I get
bored with current displays. Will always make room for new aircraft, and I sure hope the twin engine hint was for real, I'll buy a couple and send to the family :D

The Old Man
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bunker Hill TBF

Post by The Old Man » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:57 am

Comes under - finally - although I've got 2 already in the all blue scheme.
Size - why do you think it comes with folding wings ?
I fit 3 TBF with wings folded where 2 F86s would be.
In 65 years of model building of everything known to mankind, and no matter the location, no matter the type, and, in some cases doesn't even apply to models, the cry I've heard (mainly from the male side) was
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING
so, I pretty sure if you produced a 1/18 B-17 - all the bells and whistles and under $200. - The "boys" would make room even if they had to convert the master bedroom.
No matter what - 1/18 now being produced by the "Three" is the best bargain on the planet.
As far as storage - it was between keeping the Cadillac and having space for 1/18th - sold the Cadillac.

And - I've always wondered why no one made a C-47 - 30 paratroopers lined up at the door of a D-Day C-47 would be the coolest.
Neil Hesse

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:55 am

Give me a 1/18th B-17G and trust me I will make room! But will that ever happen? No.

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.