***URGENT BAD TRADER WARNING RE AUDIE/DELTA on eBay!!!!***

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

***URGENT BAD TRADER WARNING RE AUDIE/DELTA on eBay!!!!***

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:04 am

There is an ebay user called dnapier_99, active since Dec 2004. dnapier_99 lives at one of the addresses in Indiana that we have sent toys to. This bidder is buying XD Marines.

They call themselves Deborah Napier.
Address: 211 N.W. H Street
Richmond, Indiana

Phone: (765) 409-4509
Until today, eBay had their number as (765) 409-0810. This is the number associated with the thief all this time!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:31 am

how in the world did you find him?

can you post a url from an auction he's bidding on....i can't find him.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:51 am

You have to include completed items:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?M ... =1&rows=25

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:02 pm

Can someone contact E-bay and let them know of the situation ASAP? They may possibly pull him off the auctions.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:10 pm

I already did, about an hour and a half ago, and they could do nothing because nothing he has done wrong has anything to do with eBay, they can't verify anything, etc. They can do nothing until he actually follows through with whatever trickery he is planning. I speculate he plans to do a PayPal chargeback and leave everyone he bought from with no money after they already sent their items.

ebay can't do a thing until that happens.

I recommend everyone here who sells on eBay block this bidder.

Zartan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Zartan » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:51 pm

Sneaky little... Glad I don't accept paypal. Mabey he plans on not ripping off with this account but selling his ripped off/scammed items. I have some XD items up for auction now if anyone wants to look. You can make me an offer for items that don't sell when the auctions are over. Graeme.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrp ... assZdrywar

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:12 pm

it will be very interesting to watch what happens. I'm tempted to email the sellers and warn them what he has done. If he starts doing the paypal chargeback scam then he is really going to get himself in hot water.

Charging back a payment after goods have been shipped is the most common form of mail fraud today.

Now it may just be the case that he's an XD collector and ripped off board members because he wants to own the items and is planning on paying for the stuff he got on ebay.

Time will tell...

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:17 pm

I have already warned them.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:19 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know what can be done about the PayPal payment. I sold a 12" GI Joe on ebay a couple of years ago ($27 plus shipping). I was paid by Paypal and sent the item. Later, the cardholder whose funds were used to buy the item claimed their card was used fraudulently, and PayPal yanked the money from my account. There was nothing I could do about it.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Yup

Post by digger » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 pm

I'm with Aferg on this - he's a collector who stole his collection and had no hope of stealing Marines from anyone. Doubt he would run his scam on ebay - much tougher he will find. Further, doubt he will try to sell our stuff, as we know he's not stupid.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:35 pm

well....as far as the Paypal chargeback goes. If he has a confirmed address and the items are shipped with a tracking number/delivery confirmation then Paypal will not process his chargeback request. If they can verify that the items were delivered to the address he has given to Paypal and this address has been confirmed by Paypal via a credit card then they will NOT give him a refund.

Some sellers wont accept Paypal from anyone who does not have a confirmed address but most will. About 2/3 of US Paypal users have a confirmed address.

PC....you may want to send the sellers a second email and tell them not to ship to him if he doesn't have a confirmed address....or at least to be more wary and to send the items with a tracking #. Also, give them the URL for this board so they can read the thread on this guy's scams for themselves in case they think you are just some crackpot.

Of course if he uses a stolen credit card to pay then the sellers will get a chargeback regardless. That happened to me once. It is only the vendor that loses when someone uses a stolen credit card. The person whose card was stolen gets their money back from the credit card company, the credit card company gets their money back from Paypal (or the vendor), Paypal gets their money back from the seller and the seller gets the shaft. He is out his goods and gets no compensation at all for it.

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:45 pm

I think one of the board members has already sold an item to him with the buy it now option. Does anyone know if robertr74 is a board member?

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:58 pm

I think robert74 is a board member. Hope he sees this and reply's. I have dealt with him on many occassions and he is a fair and responsible person to deal with.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 pm

I can't believe it but this guy is out to really screw over some honest people!!! It's not enough that he was put out of operation on this board but now he wants to do his dirty deeds on EBAY. Thanks for the heads up Para. I'm sure he won't be scamming as many people as he did before now that he's been discovered.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:52 pm

My goal is to expose him and keep him from getting anything out of other people. Thing is, it is more than just him. I talked to Deborah Napier (real name), and she is another person in on this. No doubt.

Oh, and I am RobertR74 on eBay. It was when I saw the purchase from this waste of space that I realized what was going on.

I try to be a good ebay seller-shipping in solid boxes, good packing material, etc. When someone who just stole $120 in stuff comes on and tries to take more from me... Well, that is adding insult to injury....

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:53 pm

Oh, JOC, thanks for the kind words!!!!

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:24 am

Oh, JOC, thanks for the kind words!!!!

Your welcome.
Jay

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:42 am

By the way, JOC is a great trader, in case anyone was wondering. :)

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:43 am

Is my avatar (pic to the left of the message) showing up? Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't... :?:

tracer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tracer » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:58 am

ParatrooperCarbine wrote: Oh, and I am RobertR74 on eBay. It was when I saw the purchase from this waste of space that I realized what was going on.
Can you tell us what your response was to him when you realized it was the same person that screwed you on a past transaction? Or what his response was to you telling him who you were?

.....by the way your avatar is not showing up unless it's a red "x" in a box :lol:

Yes Dear, I know you said no more planes, But this one is special!

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:32 am

I called Deborah Napier at her job at Ivy Tech yesterday. I got the number online using her email address. She says, of course, that she knows NOTHING about this. Says she doesn’t know Jerry Napier. Says (765) 409-0810 is NOT HER NUMBER. I asked why it was on her eBay account. She said she had seen that and fixed it and didn’t know why it was there. She claims not to know how the tel number for Jerry Napier, who she claims not to know, but who shares her last name, ended up on her account. She has since changed the number. She acknowledged

211 N.W. H Street
Richmond, Indiana

as her address. But she says she doesn’t know why Jerry Napier receives mail at her address.

Oh, for God's sake, people. Seriously. "Gee, mister, I don't know why that telephone number is on my account. I don't know the guy with my last name who receives mail at my address."

THAT IS NOT EVEN TRYING!!!!!!!!!

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:46 am

I got an email from a new yahoo email address from this person yesterday, asking if I got payment. Then another email from a decidedly un-grandmotherly email address later, but I couldn't tell if it was for my Marine. It made no reference to User ID, Item name, Item number, etc (by the way, BRILLIANT!). But no contact since.

One of the other buyers was calling her too. I will post what happens as a result when they contact me.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:47 am

Other sellers. Not other buyers. Typo. Sorry.

digger

Same guy

Post by digger » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:08 am

Without question it's the same guy (or team, or whatever). He was never able to contain himself on tirades so any "un-grandmotherly" anything via email is likely him. Yahoo is another sign - he has about 9 Yahoo accounts, and reported misuse of one is a HUGE pain in the a55 - to dissuade reporting. If Yahoo had a HQ around here I'm dead serious I would march in there and lose it. :evil: :twisted:

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:13 pm

I misspoke. By ungrandmotherly, I didn't mean offensive. It was something military-oriented. Recon64 or something. I meant, how many mitten-knitting grannys have an email address with "recon" in it?