Question about new 21st Century 1:18 scale figures?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Question about new 21st Century 1:18 scale figures?

Post by coreystinson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 am

Did 21st ever release photos for all 18 of these figures?

I went digging through their Area 21 news archive today and I was able to track down 17 of the 18. The one I couldn't find was part number 10578 (I think).

Can anyone point me to the news item that this was posted in, as I've looked through them all twice now and am either missing it or they never posted it.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:12 pm

I don't think anyone has figured out which figure this is...

See here in another thread:
viewtopic.php?t=3724&start=860
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:40 pm

I think that the 18th is actually the reproduced figure that came with the Pak-40.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:55 pm

That is what I was thinking.....
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Oh, so maybe there really are only 17. In that case I'm only shy one (Tracker Richards!).

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Oh-oh...sounds like you might not be carrying these figures, Corey...sigh....

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 pm

tkjaer21 wrote:I think that the 18th is actually the reproduced figure that came with the Pak-40.
No, I don't think so, because that is the same as this figure which is in the Battle of the Bulge II assortment.

http://smalljoes.com/images_21century/10537-p_l.jpg
Corey Stinson

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:03 pm

holensock wrote:Oh-oh...sounds like you might not be carrying these figures, Corey...sigh....
Hehe, well, it's not that I won't be carrying them when given the opportunity and that is the key point. But, you guessed partially right, 'ole Corey is tired of waiting to get the opportunity so he is going to have to chase these down at Wally World in the meantime I guess.

Also, I wanted to get my head wrapped around all eighteen figures so I could possibly make some assortment suggestions to 21st. Not sure if they are interested in hearing from me on that issue, but I might send some comments anyway. :)
Corey Stinson

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:28 pm

I received a photo of the last figure today from 21st. I can confirm that it is one we have not seen shipped yet in the current assortment. I will post the Pic on AREA-21 tomorrow.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:32 pm

I also have a question about the new figs....... Like, where are they? :x Just made another wally run today, but with no luck whatsoever... I'm hurting here in Ohio, I need my x/d fix......PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE 21st help me! (extreme begging) :cry: Please let the online retailers have these figures for sale, I hate going to wallys..... :) :) :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:37 pm

the WM thing sucks for sure! I have seen ok distribution in my area but I can assure you that the figs don't last very long especially the DAK guys for some reason they are always the first to go. The sherman crew tends to stick a little more in my area. Those guys I can usually find.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 pm

tko, can you get 21C to help Corey get these figures to sell at his online store? in doing that, it would HELP US TOO be able to finally GET these figures!! Living here in Ohio, I can agree with tosborne3 that WM has NO INTEREST in selling them in their stores here!

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:00 pm

While at wallys, I'm searching hard for the new figs, but nothin.. So I see a associate walking through the toy isle and I stop her. I asked her if she knew when the new stock for the x/d would be avalible, but as usual she had no clue...I asked for the toy dept manager but of course he was too busy to take questions :roll: .. I hate going to wallys every weekend looking at the same bare shelves were the new x/d could find a nice cozy spot. I think I'm the only x/d collector in my area because they always have the same exact figures on the pegs. If they would clearance them I would probally buy a bunch of them, but I really don't need forty German bob tankers or sherman tankers. :lol:
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:25 pm

I have seven figures left to get and it is driving me insane! :shock: Especially since I refuse to open them until I have the whole set! WM just isn't working for me and eBay is a huge ripoff. To be able to order individual figures from an online store would be great.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:25 pm

In my area, the DAK guys were the first to go, and the D-Day infantry, though hanging around a little longer have also disappeared. The US Tankers and the William Russo figures seem to stay...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:30 pm

Well at least some of you folks are still seeing remants of the new releases. I spotted a few awhile back and picked up what I thought I really wanted. I then changed my mind and decided to go back the next day and get the other figures I had left behind and lo and behold, they were all gone! Went checking some of the other WM's that same day and came up empty. So, if I ever spot them again, this time I'm grabbing them all!!!!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:47 pm

tko211 wrote:the WM thing sucks for sure! I have seen ok distribution in my area but I can assure you that the figs don't last very long especially the DAK guys for some reason they are always the first to go. The sherman crew tends to stick a little more in my area. Those guys I can usually find.
The DAK figures are quite nice and are not at all like any other 3 3/4" German military action figures that have been released. I think this is why they are disappearing quickly. The other new German guys are nice too, but they do look somewhat similar to previously released product. I think the DAK popularity explanation is about as simple as that.
Corey Stinson

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:24 pm

and folks like to army build - he who has the most wins - or so they say :?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:03 pm

The Germans in general are flying off the pegs around here. I think that they appeal to kids as well as us collectors (I want at least doubles of each German!).

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Damn kids! Get away from my XD figures!!! :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:13 pm

I guess I will chime in too.....I've hit at least 6 WM's in my area.....and only one had the new figures....they had about 8 of the new ones....and I grabbed six. All the other stores are bone dry, on any XD......come on....For 2 weeks now nothing!
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 am

TKO pls help Corey's online store
We XD collectors down under use him as pretty much the only source for XD