How will Taiwan earthquake affect toys in 2007?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

How will Taiwan earthquake affect toys in 2007?

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:31 pm

Jason in the Manuf Thread mentioned problems he was having contacting his subs in China due to the Taiwan earthquake. I wonder how this will affect deliveries of new 1/18 stuff in early 2007. Wanna bet Jan, Feb, and into March is going to be really dry? Figure, this affects how everyone does business - the guys who's sell supplies to the factories that make our stuff, the ports, etc. Cool, maybe I'll have a few months to get my collection in order (not that a lack of new toys is a good thing :wink: )
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: How will Taiwan earthquake affect toys in 2007?

Post by chunks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:33 pm

Morian Miner wrote:Jason in the Manuf Thread mentioned problems he was having contacting his subs in China due to the Taiwan earthquake. I wonder how this will affect deliveries of new 1/18 stuff in early 2007. Wanna bet Jan, Feb, and into March is going to be really dry? Figure, this affects how everyone does business - the guys who's sell supplies to the factories that make our stuff, the ports, etc. Cool, maybe I'll have a few months to get my collection in order (not that a lack of new toys is a good thing :wink: )
That was an internet thing. Taiwan is more into hitech. The toys come from China.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:51 am

Agree, should only slow down communications (by hours not weeks or months) as e-mail re-routes itself through the remaining (congested) lines.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com