Sabre question

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Sabre question

Post by tpa05 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:49 pm

21st has several Sabres out there. Which one is the latest (and presumably best) version of those available. I've read through most of the sticky and so I know I can pick one up at walmart (which seems to permiate the post) but I'm not sure which one is the "best".

Thanks for any info you can provide.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Sabre question

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:36 am

tpa05 wrote:21st has several Sabres out there. Which one is the latest (and presumably best) version of those available. I've read through most of the sticky and so I know I can pick one up at walmart (which seems to permiate the post) but I'm not sure which one is the "best".

Thanks for any info you can provide.
The latest appears to be "The Huff". Since the airplane itself does not change with each issue, it is all a matter of personal choice as to the outward appearance, ie., the paint scheme and personal markings of the individual pilots. Do not forget that Admiral also has several to consider, including the CL-13 Luftwaffe offering.

No matter which you settle on, and if you are like most of us, you will "have" to get two or more, you will be very pleased to have an excellent 1/18 "model" of a great airplane.

Good question above, hope this helps a bit,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:10 pm

I always assumed that with the different versions (S1, S2, S3 etc) that there were indeed changes/enhancements to things such as the control panels, landing gear, access panels etc and had assumed that this is true with the different Sabres as well. If I understand you correctly, the only difference is whether ya like dragons or not. If that's true then it is indeed just a matter of asthetics. Groovy.

Thanks again for your quick response der Vogelfanger.

tpa05