chinese armor ?...interesting stuff for post war armour fans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:10 pm

Birddog, I'm thinking $80 for the tank, plus shipping, would be reasonable.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:16 pm

Tinman wrote:Birddog, I'm thinking $80 for the tank, plus shipping, would be reasonable.
I was thinking between $80 to $100 myself. I go as high as $100 dollars due to the fact that the possibilty of seeing someone do one in 1/18 seems to be very low.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:21 pm

$100 max and that's only if shipping is quite reasonable. It would also have to be in January for me. I've just bought a sh*t load of new stuff in the last couple of weeks and i still have my Beaufighter to get. :P

I'm tapped til Jan.

For the AA gun $60 max.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Per my previous post--$80 sounds good to me, too. As far as shipping goes, though, the quoted airmail rate sounds awfully high, and do we need airmail? Birddog--in which city is this guy located? And does anyone live closer to a major international freight airport than me (O'Hare is 2 hours away). If surface freight doesn't fly, air freight may be an option, at a lot cheaper rate than airmail, but would require pick-up and redelivery. And possibly duty taxes, which I would need to research... A case of 4 or 8 may be able to be shipped as a "commercial sample"...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:28 pm

FieroDude wrote:Per my previous post--$80 sounds good to me, too. As far as shipping goes, though, the quoted airmail rate sounds awfully high, and do we need airmail? Birddog--in which city is this guy located? And does anyone live closer to a major international freight airport than me (O'Hare is 2 hours away). If surface freight doesn't fly, air freight may be an option, at a lot cheaper rate than airmail, but would require pick-up and redelivery. And possibly duty taxes, which I would need to research... A case of 4 or 8 may be able to be shipped as a "commercial sample"...
He says he is located in Hong Kong. I haven't been asking him about shipping just trying to find out the pricing ranges he can offer. I'm sure there are way cheaper shipping methods. He indicated earlier that the tank (packaging and all) weighed in at around 11 pounds.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:20 pm

Count me in too guys. Let me know Birddog. I am already saving my bottle caps.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:52 am

If we could find a reliable source for all four of these pieces, I'd be real interested (being both jeeps, AA gun, and tank). Seems like the Chinese jeep is showing up more regularly on eBay - hopefully that's a good sign.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:01 am

aferguson wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/WSN-Trumpeter-1-16- ... dZViewItem

Here's a cheap one i just stumbled across..
Dang you Aferg. Finally bought me one of these. Unfortunatley, family emergency will have me out of town for a while, so don't get to sit at home and wait for it. :cry:
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:07 pm

$80 for me - the only concern I have is shipping - and the possibility of losing these in Customs -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 am

Well, Birddog and I have done our best negotiating with the contact in Hong Kong, and the results aren't encouraging. Unless we can find a LOT of interested buyers...

His response:
We got your mail.
We have negotiated with the supplier in these two days. Hope she could offer a better price, unfortunately, as the limitation of the production, she didn't offer any discount unless the lot order is 100 units per item, we strongly refused the min. quantity! She insisted her suggestion.

We are no doubt doing business with you & your friends, after a tough calculations, we have the best price as follow,
Quotation base on ONE units per item.
15% OFF SELLING PRICE WILL BE FOR FIVE UNITS PER ITEM(S), 10%OFF FOR COMBINED SHIPPING FEE ONLY

1/18 Diecast PLA Type 59 Tank
Price USD150.00 + Airmail fee USD70.00 (Cheaper postage BY SURFACE USD50.00, Delivery time 4-6weeks)
Total amount....USD220.00

1/18 Diecast PLA Type 65 Twin-37mm Anti-Aircraft Artillery
Price USD100.00 + Airmail fee USD35.00 (Cheaper posatge BY SURFACE USD25.00, Delivery time 4-6weeks)
Total amount....USD135.00

1/18 Sudden Attack Chariot (BJ2020SJ Lightweight Utility Vehicle)
Price USD110.00 + Airmail fee USD35.00 (Cheaper posatge BY SURFACE USD25.00, Delivery time 4-6weeks)
Total amount....USD145.00

So about the cheapest we could expect to get the tank, short of buying over 100 of them, is $200, which is a little rich for my blood, all things considered.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 am

there is still the option of buying from the chinese ebay seller. They were about $100 Buy it Now. Shipping will be about the same, maybe less.

That way we cut out the Hong Kong middle man, which is where alot of the extra money is going.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:09 am

He who first blinks losses, cut and run maybe they will renegotiate after sometime, I bet the mark up is 1000%
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:41 pm

on the one hand it is metal...but on the other...he says officers give them to each other as presents...so they must be a) mass produced and b) they cant really be 185 dollars, can they? i cant believe that chinese officers in the pla make that much that they spend 185 dollars per present for other officers. if anything, theyre probably made in vast numbers and dont actually cost that much when bought in china. it might even be made by a company owned b the pla, made by pla employees. this might suggest someone buys them off officers and then sells them on. perhaps that is why the manufacturer is listed as 'china', as it is state owned? im still waiting for a reply from the other ebay seller,perhaps when they see each other's competition theyll give us a reasonable price...

if we consider the 21st c entury products in this scale, and their price point, and keep in mind they are a commercial concern, then compare this with these products and remember this might be a state concern in china, then this price all of a sudden seems like it must have a huge mark up for the price we are seeing...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:11 pm

Maybe 21C can find out who makes these, hire them as a subcontractor, and import them to the US for us :wink:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:06 pm

I got a response from the e-bay seller that Zhukov told us about. He is in China and has the english ebay listing for the Sudden Attack Chairot (Buggy) for half what Mr. Kaho is asking. He wasn't familiar with the tank but he's looking into it. I emailed him the pictures of the Tank and I'm waiting on his response about whether he can acquire these for sale.

Let's keep our fingers crossed......
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:43 pm

oh cool...when did u email him? i did too! do you want to keep emailing and doing the talking with him or shall i? i think its best if only one asks him bout the product ata time, so he doesnt see the extent of the interest and hike up prices...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:07 pm

Let me keep talking to him. I'll keep ya'll posted....

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:24 pm

ok cool, ill pm you his reply when hes emailed me,an ill just not reply to him, ill leave it to you, if thats what you reckon is best. cheers for the effort, its much appreciated

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:04 pm

Yes, I appreciate everyone's efforts also, as the tank could be a really great piece.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:14 pm

I say cut and run - and then come back - in the meantime keep searching for another seller - where we can create some open market competition.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:15 pm

thats what were doing, this is a new and unrelated seller that were asking...were asking him because he sells similar product and is in china (some of the product is exactly the same items)...

MG-42

Chinese Armor !

Post by MG-42 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:33 am

>>> Count me in too guys ,.. on both tanks ,.. if the "price is right" w/ no Bob Barker pun. ...... Interesting thread btw. ...... Sounds like this China'man from H-K has a tendency to keep jacking ^ up the cost.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:58 am

On a side note one of my friends bought a 1:18 scale P-61 black widow from Chinese Ebay website a few years ago and it turned out to be just a 1:48 scale Monogram / Revel model that was put together... badly, he paid 360 USD and paid over 100 USD for shipping
If It sounds too good to be true then it is.

There are a lot of scammers over there.

We need to see more information on this item.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MG-42

Chinese Armor 1:18 ???

Post by MG-42 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:00 am

VMF115 wrote:On a side note one of my friends bought a 1:18 scale P-61 black widow from Chinese Ebay website a few years ago and it turned out to be just a 1:48 scale Monogram / Revel model that was put together... badly, he paid 360 USD and paid over 100 USD for shipping
If It sounds too good to be true then it is.

There are a lot of scammers over there.

We need to see more information on this item.
>>> I'm with you here man ,.. loud and clear ! ... ^ MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:25 am

FieroDude:
Ask the seller in hongkong to take a pic with a gijoe figure or quarter or anything next to the tank.
Being this is the only site where we can find the tank.