chinese armor ?...interesting stuff for post war armour fans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:40 pm

i suspect these can, in time, be had for alot less. We've also seen sellers, both on and off ebay, jack prices way up on what they perceive to be new, hot items, especially if they get the sense people might be willing to pay it and especially at this time of year with Christmas less than a month away. On the Chinese Ebay site it does look like a 'buy it now' logo beside the price.

There is still also some question about the true quality of these models. Those could be prototype shots and we know that prototype pictures often don't reflect how the real thing looks. Plus there's still the scale correctness issue. One man's '1/18' is another man's 1/16, 1/20, 1/24 etc

You're doing a great job Birddog, keep at him! :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:49 pm

zhukov wrote:anyone interested in the normal jeep for 49 us dollars and complete shipping cost go to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

the special forces jeep is 1:20 and is here for 78 us and 45 us shipping to us:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
Thanks for the information Zhukov.

Since there seems to be a difference in the scale of the special forces jeep, do you know anything about the Type 56/59 tank or the Type 65 37mm?

I've asked Mr. Kaho about the "true" scale size of these vehicles (still waiting on his response to that set of questions), but it would be great to hear about them from others that know. Since we apparently have one that sounds like it isn't 1/18, it makes me question the others. Especially for the amount of money that they are asking. The deminsions given on the tank's advertisement are relatively close in height and width of the real thing and the length seems to be over a bit. Of course measurements I've found in my reference books and online sites have varied to a degree but within reason of this model for a real Type 56/59.

Thanks Aferg. I hope we all benefit from this in some way.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm

hmm.....maybe we should try contacting the ebay seller zhukov pointed out and asking him if he can get the tank and AA gun?

Odd the attack jeep would be 1/20 when the other jeep is 1/18 but yes, it does underscore the scale uncertainty issue. I still really wonder if these are 1/18, especially the tank.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:13 pm

I'm on it.... :wink:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:57 pm

Mr. Kaho just replied to my last e-mail. Here it is:

Hello! Ryan,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Price was quoted based on ONE unit.
Discount will be offered to alot of order.
15% OFF will be offered if the order is 3 units for EACH item(s)
Pleas let me know the quantity of the order, a great price should be offered to a large order.

Refer to the information of the factory, all the 1/18 scaled model are true 1/18 scaled.
As the supplier told us that these items are the gift of military department or police department in CHINA.
So they are made in very fine detail. And not easy to found in public, especially in other countries.

The track of the T56 tank is made of metal. The hatches on the tank can be opened.
The machine gun comes on the top of the tank originally.

The Anti-aircraft flak is for display only, no mechanical action of the gun.

NO return policy in these products.
Delivery time is around 7-10 days, please noted that if you are placed alot of order, delivery time may be longer, as we have to arrange some more product form CHINA, it will take 5-7 days more.

Hope all the above information could be satisfied you & your friends, please feel free to email us if you have any questions

P.S. Price on the earlier mail was wrong, we wanted to write "however, the shipping fee is USD70.00. The special price including register airmail to USA is USD185.00 + shipping fee USD70.00, payment can be settled via PAYPAL or wire transfer." SORRY FOR THE TYPING MISTAKE.
The 1/18 T56 is a huge model, price should be higher than the ant-air flak which is smaller in size

Thank you in advance
KAHO

I've sent him another e-mail in regards to the Type 65 37mm because its description says it rotates and elevates in comparison to what he says. He has persistantly stated that it is 1/18 scale and is a huge model. I'm still waiting for a response from the e-bay seller Zhukov introduced us too.

So what do you guys think? Price aside, do you think it is a gamble worth taking? Anyone interested in making a big order to kill the price?

I've sent another e-mail to him about the machine gun missing on top and if it would come with that as well.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:07 pm

man im thinking about helping out - keep me posted -
I can put my Cobra Army back up on Ebay and try to get some extra tank cash
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Got another response from Mr. Kaho in reference to my last round of questions. I asked him about the discount and he has replied it would be off of each model. I have sent another e-mail to ask if a bigger discount can be given. Still trying to work out something good for us if possible.

Here is his response:

Hello! Ryan,

Yes, you are right!
15% off will be offer for each item(s) if the order is 4 units.

About the machine gun, as our experience, it will be come with the tank, for avoid the damage, it will be installed by the collector himself.
It is just easy to insert the gun into the position on the top of the tank.

We were described about the movement of the flak in last mail, here is the copy

>> >> 1/18 Diecast PLA Type 65 Twin-37mm Anti-Aircraft
>> >> Artillery
>> >> The model can be 360 degree rotated, the flak can
>> be
>> >> elevated up to 87 degree
>> >> Length 40cm ; Width 12cm ; Net Weight 1.96kg
>> >> Price USD110.00 + Airmail fee USD35.00
>> >> Total amount....USD145.00

Sorry, we don't know the manufactory's web.

Regards
KAHO

The artillery piece information he says came directly from the manufacturer. The artillery piece measurements are length 40 cm which is equal to around 15.75" and width 12 cm which is equal to around 4". That is roughly a little over 23.5' in length and 6' in width for 1/1 scale. I think the 1/1 measurements are right for a Type 65 37mm from what I've read, which means that this is 1/18 scale or close to it. Can somebody dig around as well and back me up on these 1/1 scale measurments?

I've got another round of question fired out to him. I'll post when I get a response.

What are you guys thinking?
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

great find !

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:32 pm

I am happy to help my armor friends to complete their collections ! but concerning the negociation with the chinese business man i wish you good luck ! the Chinese were and are the toughest business men on earth for thousands years !!!!! :lol:
So don t show TOO much intersts and keep your poker face ....
:roll:

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm

My Abrams needs something to shoot at--consider me in, if we can get a reasonable discount on per unit price and shipping.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:31 pm

boy i don't know....i was hemming at $100 plus shipping. I really think he's trying to pull a fast one too. I think he originally meant the price was $185 WITH shipping. Supersonicfifi has said sage words. My stepfather used to sell DeHavilland aircraft in the far east and he told me all kinds of stories about asian businessmen and their tactics.

There is still the chinese Ebay seller. The Buy it Now price was around $100. What we need is someone who can speak fluent chinese to communicate with him and find out shipping costs etc.

I still think these can be had for a lot less...

My next email to him would say: "thanks for the information but my friends and i talked it over and it's just too much money to spend. If you ever can sell them cheaper please keep my email address and let me know"

Poker time. :wink:

Of course since you gave him the URL for this site he may be reading everything we type anyway... :lol:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:13 pm

aferguson wrote:

Of course since you gave him the URL for this site he may be reading everything we type anyway... :lol:
I know. I've been thinking about that.... :oops: Anyhow here is his last response:

Hello! Ryan,

Dimension of the 1/18 T56 tank, information from the supplier
Length 390mm ; Width:198mm ; Height: 200mm
Gross weight with the gift wooden case is around 5kgs

As we said before, all these model is in very detail, his track MUST move on the tank!!
The machine gun can be rotated & elevated up/down, as well as the main cannon of the tank. The turret can be rotated 360 degree.

Dear Ryan, as these diecast replica is really heavy!! It is too hard to offer any discount on the shipping fee.
May be let us consider about the whole order discount. Please let me know the quantity first, we may try to generated a better price for you. About the shipping fee, please noted that we have spited part of it, all the money is running to post office but not our pocket.

You are our valuable customer, please feel free to email us any questions.

Regards
KAHO

See what you guys think?

Quite frankly I AM beginning to loose interest.... :roll:

Mr. Kaho, if you are reading this, you need to cut us a far better deal to make any kind of sale.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:49 pm

[quote="aferguson"]hmm.....maybe we should try contacting the ebay seller zhukov pointed out and asking him if he can get the tank and AA gun?

ive already asked and also for info...im waiting for the reply to post when i get it..

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:51 pm

First of all, there are more reasonable ways of shipping besides air mail, of that I am certain. I don't mind surface shipping and waiting 4-6 weeks if it saves me $50. And if the buy it now is $100, then I would think for a volume of 4 or more guaranteed sales, a per unit price of maybe $80 isn't out of line and should still allow a healthy profit for the seller. I would like to know what shipping, including alternative options, is running--I know when I get some of my Cool Girl figures (no comments, guys--a much improved Barbie with an MP5 and a Desert Eagle .45 has her merits!) out of Japan, Taiwan, and China, airmail shipping typically runs about $8-10, and they weigh in around 1 kg.

I could even try to negotiate with one of my clients to see if there would be a way to get them shipped with a larger shipment from China or Korea, but that would be a long-shot, due to customs hassles.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:58 pm

I indicated to him in the last and maybe final email I sent him that there are diecast tanks of equal detail, if not better, and size that sell for $50 to $60 in 1/18 scale. Have to see what he says now.

If anybody else can find a connection to get more info and better pricing on these models, good luck and keep us posted.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:38 pm

I've some probs with a**end of the tank. Can it really be just a blank panel?
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:43 pm

chunks wrote:I've some probs with a**end of the tank. Can it really be just a blank panel?
Looks like it can. Here's a picture of a real one:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... 112081.jpg
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Birddog wrote:
chunks wrote:I've some probs with a**end of the tank. Can it really be just a blank panel?
Looks like it can. Here's a picture of a real one:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... 112081.jpg
OK, thanks, whoda thought.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:21 pm

by the way, digger, don't you have the Trumpeter T-34 yet? I know the size difference is a bit annoying but it's quite a nice piece and you get used to its size in time..

digger

t-34

Post by digger » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:31 pm

aferguson wrote:by the way, digger, don't you have the Trumpeter T-34 yet? I know the size difference is a bit annoying but it's quite a nice piece and you get used to its size in time..
No I don't. Do I have to build it? That's where it would all go wrong. :oops: If not I will look into it; the size is actually less a factor because there are no 1/18 Russians to make it look too big, and it could be far enough away from enemies that it would be less obvious. :)

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Let's please not talk about building models... I just dug out a 1/48 A-10 kit from 1996 that I never got around to building. I swear that both my hand and eyes did a lot better 15 years ago... It is NOT encouraging when I am looking under my glasses to look at detail work! :shock:
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:52 pm

FieroDude wrote:Let's please not talk about building models... I just dug out a 1/48 A-10 kit from 1996 that I never got around to building. I swear that both my hand and eyes did a lot better 15 years ago... It is NOT encouraging when I am looking under my glasses to look at detail work! :shock:
I still have, oh roughly, 1500 kits that I can't build anymore. Running from Renwal, Aurora, Tomy, and way too many newer ones. It's really very depressing. :(
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:54 pm

If it really is 1:18 then I'd be very interested in ordering one of the tanks. Please keep me in mind if a bulk buy comes together!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Digger....snag one of the 1/16 RC T-34/85's. They already built up and painted, you just need to stick on a few small parts but it's mostly built up.

You can find them on Ebay for around $48 plus shipping. It's just a built up version of the Trumpeter kit so quite accurate and detailed. It's a hair smaller than the XD Panther.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WSN-Trumpeter-1-16- ... dZViewItem

Used to be $42.....probably jacked his prices a bit due to Christmas.

I'm hoping they'll eventually do the /76 version in RC and maybe even an SU-100 some day.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Speaking of bulk orders....if it is 1/18 scale or close enough to it, how much would each of you consider spending for each piece? How much for the Type 59 tank and how much for the Type 65 37mm?

Mr. Kaho has already indicated that $50 to $60 is too far below the cost of the tank for him to sell it at.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:02 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/WSN-Trumpeter-1-16- ... dZViewItem

Here's a cheap one i just stumbled across..