breaking news!! 1/18 f-5 aggressor is coming out-JAN.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jeffrowse » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:52 am

Rowsdower wrote:
Good point. I think that goes for many military aircraft, like any plane with swing wings from an F-111 to a Tornado is a Tomcat to most people.
I say!
I think you've got that the wrong way round, old boy - most people (who aren't American) think that anything with swing wings is a Tornado; never forget that (like most American :shock: innovations) variable-geometry wings first flew on a BRITISH designed and built aircraft (back when we had a decent aerospace industry :roll: ). All-flying tailplanes, flying wings, jet engines, helicopters - we invent it, you "borrow" it... but I digress.

On the gripping appendage, most people have seen Tom Cruise pushing a Tomcat around the sky in pursuit of a 'Mig' in Top Gun so if (insert manufacturers' name here) did an F5 in ''Russian'' colours it might sell to all those who remember the film... just a thought.

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:50 pm

jeffrowse wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:
Good point. I think that goes for many military aircraft, like any plane with swing wings from an F-111 to a Tornado is a Tomcat to most people.
I say!
I think you've got that the wrong way round, old boy - most people (who aren't American) think that anything with swing wings is a Tornado; never forget that (like most American :shock: innovations) variable-geometry wings first flew on a BRITISH designed and built aircraft (back when we had a decent aerospace industry :roll: ). All-flying tailplanes, flying wings, jet engines, helicopters - we invent it, you "borrow" it... but I digress.

On the gripping appendage, most people have seen Tom Cruise pushing a Tomcat around the sky in pursuit of a 'Mig' in Top Gun so if (insert manufacturers' name here) did an F5 in ''Russian'' colours it might sell to all those who remember the film... just a thought.

Yes that would be a fictional Mig 28, I would like a real model of a Mig 21, 23, or a 29
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!