What age groups collect 21st aircraft?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:28 am

I'm 33 and I collect 1/18th aircraft. I never get funny looks when I buy them and if I did I give a look that said "You gotta problem with it?". Buying 1/18th aircraft especially when it comes to WW 2 is a passion of mine because 1- I love them and 2- I dont have to spend hours building them. Simple as that.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:26 am

Exactly--and I have noticed that while some customers may look a little surprised, it's incredible what the power of plastic can do when you get to the check-out lines. Some people by their NASCAR models, I buy my tanks and aircraft. And I challenge anyone in a stock car to play chicken with a Tiger I :shock:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:41 am

I'm 22....but I never see anyone my age buying the things. Then again I don't go to walmart all too often so who knows.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:02 pm

I was at a Wal-Mart clost to where my anat lives and I saw a guy buying buch of XD figs.
XD aholic

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:45 pm

At my age the store personnel most likely think it must be for the nephews or grandsons when I go through the checkout.

Which, in the end, it really is. Someday they'll get to divide up the display airplane collection - as well as the much more valuable signed artwork that hangs on the office walls.

When you think of some of these things, consider what a grouping of an ace's model and a signed limited-number lithograph depicting one of his missions might be worth two or three generations from now. A great-grandson's donation to a museum isn't the worst thing I can think of.

Go long.

And while you're at it, keep pushing the manufacturers to get a Wildcat and a B-25 in the pipeline.

There are thousands of us with autographed artwork from pilots and crewmembers of more of these historically-significant planes who are waiting to have models to display with them.

Do the names "Gabreski," "Johnson," "Foss," and "Doolittle" mean something? I think so, and so will generations of my family.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:33 pm

Flytiger wrote:At my age the store personnel most likely think it must be for the nephews or grandsons when I go through the checkout.

Which, in the end, it really is. Someday they'll get to divide up the display airplane collection - as well as the much more valuable signed artwork that hangs on the office walls.

When you think of some of these things, consider what a grouping of an ace's model and a signed limited-number lithograph depicting one of his missions might be worth two or three generations from now. A great-grandson's donation to a museum isn't the worst thing I can think of.

Go long.

And while you're at it, keep pushing the manufacturers to get a Wildcat and a B-25 in the pipeline.

There are thousands of us with autographed artwork from pilots and crewmembers of more of these historically-significant planes who are waiting to have models to display with them.

Do the names "Gabreski," "Johnson," "Foss," and "Doolittle" mean something? I think so, and so will generations of my family.
In live in the State where Joe Foss is from!!!!!!!!
we need a wild cat!!!!!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!