New figs on AREA-21

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

New figs on AREA-21

Post by tko211 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:08 am

Check out the new figs on AREA-21! Happy Halloween fellas!

-TKO

Someone might want to move this thread into the figures thread... Sorry I have to run and I didn't have time to dig it up!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:23 am

Wo sind die DAK Abbildungen?

Also, is that another molded on tanker helmet? Or does it come off?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:28 am

I like the US tankers, especially the accessories like the tools with one and the shell and M1 carbine with the other :D Is that tanker helmet removable on the second figure? This line has some really neat figures, but what surprises me is that 21c is largely "rehashing" alot of their US figures. For example the tanker figures look great, but really aren't all that different in concept from the BoB tanker, of which I have plenty already! Still neat figures, and I will certainly get a couple if I see them.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:52 am

Thanks for this very cool Halloween Suprise TKO211 and 21st! These figures are nice.

But sorry not much more than that. 2 more US tankers. Cool Updates to the early versions but not very "new".
Also I was hoping this wave would consist of 9 U.S. and 9 german figures. Now after seeing pics of 10 U.S. figures and only 4 germans I think I was totally wrong. Now I hope the last 4 will be germans. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't like the US figures, and I really can't wait to see the release date of this new wave, but I'm a little bid dissapointed about it. I wish this would be a 9/9 ratio and I wish there would be more figures that are really new. :?

But have a happy Halloween, guys! :D

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:58 am

THanks for the photos, TKO - but I hope one day 21st will realize not all US soldiers wore leggings. They all look rather generic.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 pm

"preacher" looks like he would go well with a M7 priest, don't you think.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:10 pm

Come on when is the DAK figs comeing?? :x :(
XD aholic

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:39 pm

TKO, thanks for the treat! :) But I have to agree with the gang that these are basically kitbashed from existing kits and figures.

Now, if that helmet is removable........ it might be a different story... :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm sorry but I can't say I'm too thrilled with what I've seen from this series so far. Hopefully they are saving the really good figures (DAK?) for last.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:59 pm

I understand that 21st is kitbashing some figures, because we all know how expensive those molds for new figures are. I think it's okay that most of the vehicles are repaints or variants of existing toys. I understand this strategy of 21st and I hope they make some cash with it, because they deserve it and I want the XD line to be sucessfull. Also I understand that most of these figures are a good choise, because a lot of fans wanted some updated versions of the Wave 1 (year 2000 figures).
But when I first read that there would be a new wave of 18 completely new ETO figures, I had something different in mind. Now we have 4 US Tanker versions in total, 14 (?) US Paratrooper versions and lots of Army and Marine figures.
I understand why so many fans are looking forward to the DAK figures, because they would be something fresh and never before seen. German figures are hard to find. As far as I know only 21st and Dragon have done any in 1/18. I simply don't understand why 21st isn't making some cash by doing some more german Fallschirmjäger or "Waffen SS" guys like this D-Day german infantry camo guy. This would really be exiting and fresh.

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:04 pm

I think they shoud do some more german stuff. Maybe take it to the next levele
XD aholic

digger

hhmm..

Post by digger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:20 pm

mediump wrote:"preacher" looks like he would go well with a M7 priest, don't you think.
Good call, I didn't even think of that.. :D

As for the Germans, I think one problem is it is harder to sell them in many places, especially SS. We know 21st isn't in TRU at the moment, but who knows what the future will hold. Also KB, Target and other stores may have more strict policies. Yea they sell 1:32 King Tigers, but a 4 inch nazi may be tough to get on the shelf..
I know even at WM in LI there were stickers over the word 'German' on the Panzer IV boxes, so I don't think we can underestimate the obstacle to distribution the German stuff presents...
I would love more too, but as you said nobody else makes them - not even Dragon anymore. There was one static FJ from DT but that was it. 21st is out on a limb with each one they make I believe.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: hhmm..

Post by MandaloreSC » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:53 pm

digger wrote: As for the Germans, I think one problem is it is harder to sell them in many places, especially SS. We know 21st isn't in TRU at the moment, but who knows what the future will hold. Also KB, Target and other stores may have more strict policies. Yea they sell 1:32 King Tigers, but a 4 inch nazi may be tough to get on the shelf..
I know even at WM in LI there were stickers over the word 'German' on the Panzer IV boxes, so I don't think we can underestimate the obstacle to distribution the German stuff presents...
I would love more too, but as you said nobody else makes them - not even Dragon anymore. There was one static FJ from DT but that was it. 21st is out on a limb with each one they make I believe.
I understand exactly what you mean, digger. Somehow I really hope you're wrong and the reasons why there aren't so many german figures are not political reasons. A sticker over the "bad word" german is just ridiculous. I don't want to start a political discussion here, because I think this isn't allowed. I don't glorify germanys past and I'm not a nazi - I'm just a fan of beautiful and historically correct actionfigures and tanks - just like you guys are. I wish more people could see the difference between this. If so, there would'nt be problems like this. It's a complicated problem. I believe the german figures of 21st are very strong sellers and they are the only one doing some, but I understand that this could lead to some problems (just like the sad TRU story). I hope there won't be any problems and we will see some nice figures for many years to come.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:09 pm

I was shocked when I checked area 21. I was so excited about seeing two new figs I could barely contain myself. Until I actually checked it though. Not that I'm complaining but I agree with most, I would like to see more germans and some different types of uniform styles for the americans. Or even some brits. :wink: But anyways, at least we're getting new figures.
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm

New figures look nice but.......any update when we'll see them or what the case assortments will be?
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:34 pm

the ratio of allies v's axis leaves me kinda bummed
when i bought bob s1 and s2 i had to go and buy extra jerries to keep balance, with that said.....I wanna see more germans
to me, alot of these new figures seem rehashed or kitbashed whatever, I was hoping for russians or some afrika corps with their British counterparts.
Still any new 21c XD is good, i'll still buy them

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:11 pm

Maybe a german motorbike and sidecar will be a big money maker for 21st. :)
XD aholic

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 pm

i am very amazed that that hasn't come out in 1/18 yet. I thought someone would have made it by now (maisto, solido etc).
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:43 pm

I've got my 1/6 German bike with sidecar up in the closet. Maybe I can shrink him down! :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:48 pm

We talked about is befor.
XD aholic

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:27 pm

I'm just the messenger... Anyway, to answer some questions. Yes the DAK figures are still coming. Expect to see them by the end of this week or into the weekend. Also FYI, there are 2 more tanker figures that I am going to show on thursday, so everyone brace yourself. The 2 DAK guys will go up friday / saturdayish. and then there is one more lost sheep figure out there that we should see sometime down the road.

All of these new figures are scheduled to release later this year (christmas time). So we should be in store for a whole slew of new figs soon enough. As for 2007? Well perhaps that will be the year we see other subjects jump in? Personally I am really happy about some of these releases. There are some good army builders and some great new gear to pass around. I know some of the figs might be a little vanilla but frankly sometimes vanilla is needed to flush out army builder collections.

Look for the rest of the figs this week!

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:52 pm

Fellas, let's look at these figures as a gift from your grandma. We wouldn't open up that gift and tell granny what's wrong with it would we?
No, we would thank Grandma for the gift and exchange it later.

We asked for figures, 21st responded with figures.
They have some new items and features that some of us begged for and they included some general purpose figures too. I can see their reasoning for not including 1 or 2 Brits or Russians - they are potiential peg warmers... Besides, they don't have any Brit or Russian vehicles to go with them. What's Boris or Tommy going to drive into battle??

How many Dirk Pitt figs have you seen still hanging around???
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:59 am

though unexciting i think the tanker figures will sell pretty well. Lots of guys are going to want to have full crews for their shermans. I presume the other two tankers will be german, which i'm sure will also be appreciated by those wanting to have full tank crews for their tigers, panthers and p iv's.

As for british and russian troops....it's just a matter of time, methinks. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 am

I would like to see the ne w figures. But I just cant get the 21stC web site to open up. And its not my pc. I have a problem with it on any pc I try. :(
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:51 am

luftpanzer, here are the new tankers
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.