New XD and online retailers?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:37 am

tpa05...

Dragon is a huge force in 1/6 but have you seen some of the DID figures? They put Dragon to shame with accuracy and accessories packed into each box. 21C 1/6 figures have improved and with a few exceptions, are looking good.

When you go into "The Darkside" vehicles you will find 21C is still a force. Smaller manufacturers and induvudual guys with small operations have terrific vehicles available, more accurate than 21C BUT at three to five times the cost AND most of these smallers makers produce vehicles than cannot be played with. 21C vehicles are relatively cheap and very sturdy. Small problems in accuracy doesn't stop most 1/6 vehicle guys from having 21C vehicles. Most 1/6 guys have at least one RC 21C Stuart, and some of us have alot more than one.

I started in 1/18 and went into 1/6 only because of the availability of different (more realisrtic fuigures) and the availability of vehicles. Not being a plane guy, moving at least part time to "The Darkide" was a natural.

Still keeping an eye on 21C, the new 1/18 ground stuff looks just so great........ :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:14 am

luftpanzer wrote:Hey Corey when did you get a preorder from 21st C on this stuff. I havnt gotten one yet. Be careful! A few online retailers I wont mention by name where claiming to get the Avengers back in June and got burned. I still havnt seen the preorders for those babys yet! I thank WM got all the 1st shipment in.
You'll be getting notification/ordering information shortly I think.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:42 am

Before I begin let me say that while this particular post includes info regarding 1:6 figures, and is perhaps beyond the scope of this forum, that I only even entered my opinions through referencing 1:6 to (try to) make a point. I'll stop the 1:6 chatter after this.

To rowsdower, thanks for your response. The first figure I purchased via e-tailer was a DID figure and was very pleased with everything from (especially) the head sculpt, weapons and nicely weathered uniform. However, and I'm finding that this is a common complaint as discussed in many 1:6 forums, is how the hands are built. I bought replacement hands from an e-tailer who also supported this complaint but I soon got fed up and eventually just chopped off the head and moved the uniform and equipment over to a Dragon body.

Ok, so how does this 1:6 info fit in to this forum. Well from reading my many posts recently it would be safe to assume that I'm a huge BBI fan. Well that may be true regarding their 1:18 figures but as far as me being a BBI-only collector nothing could be further from the truth. Being satisfied with the 1:18 scale figures I figured I be equally satisfied with the larger ones. In summary, in brevity yet inclusion, let me just say that I will not be purchasing any 1:6 figures from BBI anytime in the near future. Why, well detailing my complaints is again beyond the scope of this post. Let me just suffice it to say that (1) I was very disatisfied, (2) other like forums are wealth with complaints regarding their 1:6 figures and are very careful to spoon-feed members at to why. Man, if you think people are critical here you should spend some time at one of these forums.

So, I hope that this removes any suggestion that I am perhaps a blind follower of BBI products (or any other manufacturer for that matter). It's just that within the 1:18 community I'm just callin' it as I see it as it relates to the 1:18 products we so enjoy.