October = NEW 1/18 Aircraft?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

October = NEW 1/18 Aircraft?

Post by Birddog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:01 am

Hey, it's October. According to Bad Cats Newsletter a couple of months back we should be seeing a brand new 1/18 aircraft. Wonder when and what we'll see?...........Maybe an F6F Hellcat....Maybe an A-10 Warthog......Maybe something suprising????

Go Ugly Early in 1/18 scale!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:14 am

maybe more delays??

No, i'm sure we'll be hearing some good news soon..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:45 am

Did the Badcat newsletter say the two new 1:18th scale airplanes were coming from Admiral toys? I think I remember reading that.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

digger

new AC

Post by digger » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am

No, it was bbi & AT:
...Within hours, we were contacted by the other, 1:18 manufacturing powers and secured exclusive production agreements for three new aircraft that were either backburnered or in initial development. With the 'Cats weight behind the production of the new birds, things are rolling now. We can't disclose the new planes yet but are scheduled to receive these in October, November and January, respectively.
BBI owes us the A-10, Hellcat & Dauntless and anyone would be very welcome. :D I'm psyched to see what AT has in the pipe as well, though I thought we surmised what was coming from some of Jason's hints.. :P

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am

from the bad cat newsletter
"On a brighter note, the vacuum left by this event rippled quickly throughout the industry. Within hours, we were contacted by the other, 1:18 manufacturing powers and secured exclusive production agreements for three new aircraft that were either backburnered or in initial development. With the 'Cats weight behind the production of the new birds, things are rolling now. We can't disclose the new planes yet but are scheduled to receive these in October, November and January, respectively. "
so one in Oct. but 3 total
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am

Nope. Just that the other manufacturers (neither 21st) were stepping in to provide three NEW aircraft in 1/18 to fill the gap left by the no show Avengers. October, November, and January were the slated months of release. So it could be Admiral Toys, bbi, or both....maybe someone new.....

edit: Beat me to it..... :oops:

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:09 am

Sounds good, more new planes around the corner is great with me. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:52 pm

I wish they would come out and show us what is comeing out. Only 3 months til dec 25.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Well i am hoping that these planes are all new and am interrested what they come out with. We know Mike has said that the F18 and 16 are coming back out soon so lets hope there is a bumper load of stuff coming in from BBI & AT

Wings_&_Armor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wings_&_Armor » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 pm

I believe that Me-262 is probably the new aircraft for October, although I hope I am wrong.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Hope that we will get to see what bbi is up to at some point, if anything. Bad Cat did say "1/18 manufacturing powers" as in more than one.....

macvsog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by macvsog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:04 pm

I think an A-10 would be fine and all, but as things stand right now, you might as well count out an A-10 just about forever.

You might get an A-10 from bbi, but I would seriously doubt it ever from 21st, unless things change seriously.

Just my opinion,
-mike-

http://community.webshots.com/user/macvsog101st

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:09 pm

macvsog wrote:I think an A-10 would be fine and all, but as things stand right now, you might as well count out an A-10 just about forever.

You might get an A-10 from bbi, but I would seriously doubt it ever from 21st, unless things change seriously.

Just my opinion,
I'm starting to feel the same way you are. I think 21st has missed the boat with the A-10, but there is always hope that bbi or Admiral Toys will raise the sail on the A-10 ship........

I'm thinking we have a better chance of seeing 21st do the F-100 or F-4 first.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:20 pm

I would normally say have patients guys but I'm starting to lose patients myself so why say it. I mean we have yet to see an A-10, Hellcat or even the special edition "Aces" Mustang. I think we will eventually get the Mustang but as for the A-10 and Hellcat? I think its a case of wishful thinking.

:(
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

digger

?

Post by digger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:29 pm

as for the A-10 and Hellcat? I think its a case of wishful thinking.
Why? Why do you say that? All this doom and gloom is no good.. :(
The month just started, we know AT & bbi have stuff in the works, we just have to wait. BBI didn't just give up on Elite Force, so let's stay positive boys...good things are yet to come. They can't just keep repainting Mustangs & Sabres...we will have new birds I tell ya!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: ?

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:14 pm

digger wrote:
as for the A-10 and Hellcat? I think its a case of wishful thinking.
Why? Why do you say that? All this doom and gloom is no good.. :(
The month just started, we know AT & bbi have stuff in the works, we just have to wait. BBI didn't just give up on Elite Force, so let's stay positive boys...good things are yet to come. They can't just keep repainting Mustangs & Sabres...we will have new birds I tell ya!
I hope your right, I'm trying to keep mumm to keep from jynxing everything.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:51 pm

I was wondering the same thing... I kinda expected the Red Devils Exclusive as one of the "new" birds. Does anyone know for sure that there EVEN is new birds? Or should we expect to see new schemes on existing molds? I think I will put a bet on one of the new planes to be an ME-262 special paint project. Anyone know what the number 3 plane might be? Anyone out there have more intel on this? I have a hard enough time just doing intel on 21st! :roll:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 pm

tko211 wrote:I was wondering the same thing... I kinda expected the Red Devils Exclusive as one of the "new" birds. Does anyone know for sure that there EVEN is new birds? Or should we expect to see new schemes on existing molds? I think I will put a bet on one of the new planes to be an ME-262 special paint project. Anyone know what the number 3 plane might be? Anyone out there have more intel on this? I have a hard enough time just doing intel on 21st! :roll:
We have a spoke in the house!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:01 am

Tko, are you speaking of the bbi Red Devils Hornet? If so, that one has come and gone. I noticed on Badcats site that it is sold out. So much for that one coming out in October! :lol:

It is a good looking scheme. Its my second favorite in my fleet of Hornets, surpassed only by the Blue Angels Bug.

-Rob

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:31 am

Yea, I picked that one out as soon as I saw it. Its a real beauty all right.

Its funny isn't it this cycle, we are in the midst of getting the new airplanes promised us from last year (well most of them anyway) and now were thinking of okay what next. Personally I dread the thought of another wave of repaints and I think if I see another Mustang (aside from a "B" model) I'll pass out.

However usually at this time by the end of October someone tells us of something new coming so thats what I'm placing my hopes on and won't get too worried unless November hits with no news afterall its getting close to the Christmas season. Someone has to have a blockbuster surprise for that don't they?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 pm

That's a ...spook as in undercover agent :D

I guess the 3 new ones will be:

Brewster Buffalo,
Douglas DC-3
and B-58 Hustler

those are pretty sure, and my wild guess will be the USS Macon complete with squadron of biplane fighters.

DH

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:27 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:That's a ...spook as in undercover agent :D

I guess the 3 new ones will be:

Brewster Buffalo,
Douglas DC-3
and B-58 Hustler

those are pretty sure, and my wild guess will be the USS Macon complete with squadron of biplane fighters.

DH
The Douglas DC-3 and B-58 Hustler are Huge!!!!! if they make those then they better make an F-14, F-15, and the A-10 first, Our there will be some very ticked of people.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:54 am

So far there are only 3 schemes for the P-51D that have been released. Typically a 21st model will get anywhere from 5 to 7 schemes.

I would plan on seeing more P-51D schemes as we close out 06 and certainly as we move into 07. We already know that Big Beautiful Doll is coming. I have good reason to believe that we will see a couple more as well.

As for new 1:18 scale A/C models... 21st is sure to talk more openly about the Me-262 that they are building as we speak. Beyond that, anything new will be considered a 2007 project.

Aircraft repaints we know about already that are still to come....

Flight 19 Avengers
Big Beautiful Doll P-51D
George Bush Avenger
An unnanounced P-51D scheme

Also I gotta say that we could easily see a repaint on the any of the following models being that they have not been back in rotation for close to a year or more....

Spitfire
P-40
P-47 Razorback
P-47 Bubbletop
Fw-190D-9
perhaps even another F-104.

My point it that there are ALWAYS going to be repaints... As long as we get new molds too, it's all fine with me!

digger

Well

Post by digger » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:22 pm

With the Hellcat not due until next year and the 262 coming in late November anyone know what the October new AC is? Was that just BS as part of BCA's Avenger hissy-fit or could we be in for a surprise? Hopefully the latter..

VMF115

Re: Well

Post by VMF115 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

digger wrote:With the Hellcat not due until next year and the 262 coming in late November anyone know what the October new AC is? Was that just BS as part of BCA's Avenger hissy-fit or could we be in for a surprise? Hopefully the latter..
Are you talking BCA news letter they just sent out???