NEW 21st 1:6th!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

NEW 21st 1:6th!!

Post by catman » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 am

Check these out, one of them is an error...

Im hoping these ARE actually new and im not making a fool of myself :? ..

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

1/6

Post by digger » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:22 am

I don't know 1:6 but they look new to me. :D
They also look damn cool :shock: Wish those sets would show up in 1:18 :P

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:29 am

I wish they would make the min 1/4 scale I have a pair of ¼ scale Endo skeleton terminators that I would like to have extra weapons for.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:47 am

Nice.. The one is packaged "upside down"... Very unusual... :lol:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Configuration

Post by MiG29K » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 am

I wanted to ask someone about the M60E4 configurations on those guns found at Wallyworld.

I'm gonna guess this is probably some DEVGRU concoction or some work by a crafty Seal Armorer as they are known for doing ghetto-fabulous modifications on many weapons. The Navy was responsible for the invention of the MK-19 Auto Grenade Launcher as with many innovative weapons...Has anyone seen these in actual pictures? GRENADE LAUNCHER on a '60? wow... I never woulda imagined. Shotgun? Damn...wicked crazy. If I saw this on some made for TV hollywood movie, I would have laughed but I guess these aren't a joke.
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:17 am

I saw those the other day here in California. They look pretty good! I may have to pick up the Machine gun and NATO weapons set. I do have a small collection of 1:6 figures, of which about half are modern. These weapons will work well with them :)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 am

They came out recently, wish they were more into the WW2 era, especially the Ruskie stuff. Not much Ruskie stuff in 1/6, or just Allied stuff, as compared to the endless releases of new German figures, weapons, artillery and vehicles in 1/6.

Sure would like to see the same carded weapons in the WW2 era........they do look nice.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 pm

Since when the Ruskies use the GPMG or as you guys call it the M240??

Nice to see 21st has still got new 1/6th coming out & a Fine selection of Weaponry too.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:07 am

Hmm, that is interesting Steelbonnet. I have yet to see an M240G with a wooden stock myself. lol
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:24 am

those US machineguns don't look so good to me....they're all built upside down for cripes sake.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:02 am

Ahhhh flpickupman.You have to remember that the DoD was a late comer to seeing how fantastic the GPMG is & then adopting it as the M240 (Used it just so though not knowing what a GPMG was).

When they first came out they were with Wooden furniture as was the L1A1 SLR rifle. Though both got Plastic furniture & alas the SLR got retired. So as said US was a little late on realising how good a weapon the GPMG was & well here`s what they looked like initially for us Brits & others waaaay back when Wooden was still the style for furniture.

Ja
Steel bonnet

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:15 am

I see. Thanks for the info. :wink:

Another issue to take into account is that it's manufactured overseas. Not so much that the US DOD didn't realize how good it is. Now we don't seem to be so squeamish about having our hardware made outside the US. I'm not terribly pleased with this development myself. They should at least acquire the licenses and make them here.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:47 am

No probs flpickupman. Must admit the same sentiments are usually felt within the British MoD. Though the likes of both the L1A1 & the GPMG both originally being Belgian FN weapons,we did have a license to build them,same with HK.

Look at the SA80A2 (L81A2),we could have started to use & issue the G36 BUT the MoD has invested too Much money & PR into making the SA80 looking like it`s a solid & reliable gun from it`s inception.After all HK are responsible for a LOT of the reworking on the SA80A2 (L81A2).
Sod that the man on the ground would rather have a dependable weapon in his hand rather than a Political Hot potatoe :(

Always the same way with Goverments they tend to screw up what the military really need,though High rankers within the Military start to think More Political rather than Military.

In some ways our MoD did it with the Euro Fighter. I still don`t understand why they didn`t take the path for Off the shelf US developed aircraft instead of this HIGH Expense & still Unproven aircraft that`s now coming into service. No matter what the pilots say & the PR machine states It`s still got to deliver. Plus not like some of our pilots haven`t flown USAF aircraft in the past & we don`t have them based over here either.

Stupid Politics.

Back to subject,Again it`s great to see 21st still producing 1/6th. After all 21st were the true Revitalisation in 1/6th during the late 90s. Yea Hasbro relaunched Joe & Action Man (no were near as good as the old Palitoy Action Man),21st actually brought accuracy into the ball park :D

So Great to see 21st FLYING in that circle & moreso with some weapons not done yet or only seen in limited numbers by other companies.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 am

Anyone seen any of these at their regular WM? I have not seen them locally and might be interested in some kind of deal.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:39 am

Been looking for those myself, as yet all i've seen is that WWII Ruskie set hanging around
I Tan I Epi Tas

digger

?

Post by digger » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:07 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:They came out recently, wish they were more into the WW2 era, especially the Ruskie stuff. Not much Ruskie stuff in 1/6, or just Allied stuff, as compared to the endless releases of new German figures, weapons, artillery and vehicles in 1/6.

Sure would like to see the same carded weapons in the WW2 era........they do look nice.

TTT
Been looking for those myself, as yet all i've seen is that WWII Ruskie set hanging around
I guess to each his own.. :D

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:15 am

Indeed.

I have next to no interest in WWII Russian, and wish dearly for them to disappear from my Wally World shelves. :D

Now, WWII German sets at Wally World would be fine indeed.
I Tan I Epi Tas

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Ja,

we can talk about european joint weapon project anytime you want :wink: