Civilians and Automobiles

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mrkisskissbangbang
Corporal
Corporal

Civilians and Automobiles

Post by mrkisskissbangbang » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:54 am

Greetings,
I was just wondering if there are any decent civilian action figures in 1:18 scale? So far the closest ones I have found were some of the characters from Jursasic Park. Namely the Dr. Grant figures. Some of the others are dressed in too modern attire.
Are there any others out there, especially one dressed in suits?
How are the Indiana Jones figures? The old ones and the newer Disney exclusives?

I'm not sure if anyone has created a list of the 1:18 scale European civilian vehicles out there. I know that the limosines have been mentioned.

Horch 930 V Cabriolet (Ricko)
Horch 855 Roadster (Sunstar)
Horch 851 Pullman (Ricko)
Mercedes Benz 770K (Signature)
Mercedes Benz 770K Cabriolet (Signature)
BMW 328 Roadster
BMW 327 Coupe (Guiloy)
BMW 327 Cabriolet (Guiloy)
BMW Dixi (Ricko)
BMW 3/15 PS Delivery Truck
Maybach DS8 Zepplin (Anson)

There are also some French Citreon Traction Type 11Bs in various forms made by Solido in 1:18 scale that are quite sweet. I will find there proper names and post later.

Cheers!

One more thing, I'm looking for more inexpensive building facades. There was one of a bank at Walmart's value toy section. It had some SWAT and bad guy figures. Has anyone else seen this?

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Civilians and Automobiles

Post by zonetoys » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 am

mrkisskissbangbang wrote:One more thing, I'm looking for more inexpensive building facades. There was one of a bank at Walmart's value toy section. It had some SWAT and bad guy figures. Has anyone else seen this?
I have that bank that I picked up at a thrift store. The brick/stone covering is cardboard and buckles (wavy) very easily! The shape of the building is something to work with and I plan to modify mine extensively. I plan to make it look more like a warehouse. Also good for cutting apart and using the windows for other projects.

I have also found the larger (newer) Polly Pocket cottages work for partial buildings if you cut them up and add granite spackly paint to cover those brite colors. Add a quick light spritz of black above the windows and they look like they are smoke stained. Some of the small brightly colored dolly buidings work well this way also! Don't let the brite colors and window boxes scare you away. Plastic is easy to cut and paint covers alot!

Also, if you want a town backdrop, Home Depot has a French street scene wallpaper border that looks great! Not 3D but 2D can look good with added sidewalk, curb, and trees, etc.
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:21 pm

Civilians are few and far between. Pretty much, you're stuck doing customs.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Thanks for the list, I have been wondering what sort of checklist there was for WWII era vehichles.