More new product from 21st Century Toys

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: hanomag

Post by Jesse James » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:59 am

digger wrote:Cool piece.

For me the summer was made with the announcement of figures. If it were just 6 it would have been cool, 12 awesome, but 18 changes everything. I really don't care what else we see after that.

Oh and why doesn't later this year count as a time frame? Remember how exact dates lead to discontent? Let's just be happy with any news please, at least it gives us something to talk about..
Exactly Dig...

I'm all excited at the prospect of 18 figures (and maybe more) from the line this year. I can't wait'll those show up in picture form.

The Hano Pak is nice though, and the kind of variant I can get behind, though all 3 of them are decent... The pioneer one bugs me a little but I'll get one. The PAK variant I may nab a couple, I dunno.

Good stuff... I hope we get something NEW new in the near future though armor-wise. I can't have a whole halftrack wing of the house here. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:39 am

Was there a list posted somewhere of the figures or so far is only DAK confirmed?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

MG-42

18 New figures !

Post by MG-42 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 am

No list but there will be 2 new confirmed DAK figures along with new U.S. troops and a PAK-40 crew ! ..... No other info., about these are available yet. ... :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:48 pm

im really sick of all these hanomags

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 pm

catman wrote:im really sick of all these hanomags
ROFLMAO :D :D :D
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:18 pm

What a great piece - was hoping they'd come out with this one. Hope we see it before year-end.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Tinman wrote: Hope we see it before year-end.
:lol:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 am

catman wrote:im really sick of all these hanomags
This is another fantastic piece many of us have been hoping to see for quite some time now.

It does seem like we have half track over load but that only means they will have to do something new next year :wink:

I hope......

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:56 am

I go away for a weekend to put my daughter back in school and all h... breaks loose around here!
And you can bet I checked all the Wal-Marts along the way for clearance 1:18 items! Found quite a bit XD and 32X stuff but only clearance items that I was able to spot were two Humvees @ $19.00 ea.

New Hanomag with a PAK 40 that I definately am going to have to pick up a couple of and the forum has a cardiac arrest, but thank god recovers from.
And the new M-16 is on it's way which is one of the items I have been waiting for. As far as U.S. haltracks goes, you can never have too many, unless you ask my wife!

Looking forward to the onslaught of the cornucopia of stuff to come from 21st Century toys!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:25 am

Okay. I see the new 1/32 109Fs. Where's the 1/18 109G-2?! :evil:

Did some research, and discovered the 109F operated in North Africa. I'd be happy with a couple of 1/18 109F Tropical schemes. 8)
Last edited by flpickupman on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:42 am

Digger and others, you mention figures and these abound here in Florida, but will new figures include pilots? I found the corsair pilot, the rear gunner for the stuka and the P-51 pilot at a single walmart but was the only instance where I found pilots (and it ain't for lack of trying!). Anyway, I notice that the new 1:18 109s have new pilots and (so) I'm wondering if new pilots will be made available for the other aircraft. If so, what are they, and will they become available in single-purchase carded form?

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:48 am

I can tell you for sure that the new set of figures will not include carded pilots. So far 2 of the 18 new figs are confirmed as german DAK. The remaining 16 have not yet been announced to anyone including me. However 21st has told me that these 18 will not include carded pilots.

hope that helps.

digger

pilots

Post by digger » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:53 am

Not sure if you are looking for the old pilots (the ones you mention have been out for years, since the TRU days..), or just wondering about the new, or both. Anyway, if you want any of the 6 originally released Pilots you can find them here for $3.99 each, which even after shipping rivals WM:
http://smalljoes.com/21stcentury_xd_xtr ... ures.shtml

As for the new, I would not hold my breath for carded pilots, but it is clear the pilots have come a LONG way. The 104 pilot may be the best figure to date from 21C, and the Mig & F86 pilots look great too. Even the Avenger crew has better articulation than previous airmen but I don't know if they are on par with the aforementioned Jet pilots in terms of overall detail. I have a feeling that going forward if you want pilots you will need to buy the AC they come with.

EDIT - TKO's post might have better answered your Q...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:02 pm

It would make sense, for 21st that is, financially to push pilots out in sparse numbers within a wave of basic infantry or other figures... I hope they reconsider then. The mold toolings for the pilots are quite complex, so to maximize their investment it really would benefit them to push them out in a carded format in SOME capacity...

I hope they consider it. I know I got the first Pilots save for the Stuka guys... I'd like to pick up the Jet Pilots, etc., but I won't buy the planes anymore (just can't justify it plus some of it's not stuff I'm interested in anyway) so the figures will just go byt he wayside for me unfortunately. I really hope 21st does mix Pilots out into the basic line though for their own sake and ours. Maybe a paint change-up to the figure would help push their sales... They seemed to do well around here though, what little got out, as I didn't see them in stores... I got mine online.

To get the mileage out of those molds though, I can't see how they would acheive it with just using them as pack-ins. It's why Hasbro doesn't often tool up new figures for pack-ins... The mold costs just are too high to justify it generally. :(
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:33 pm

I don't remember seeing any mention of the price for the M16 and the sdkfz 251/22. Are these going to be around what 21st XD sell for at Walmart or higher?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:33 pm

I'm hoping $20 to $25.... With a figure, a good one, maybe around $30 but given the mostly re-used parts I'm hoping we get good retail prices on these. I'd like a couple of the M-16's actually.

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks guys for the info. Digger I went just as you suggested to small joes several months ago and picked up several of the P-51 and P-47 pilots. As I detailed in a seperate post, I scratch build several aircraft recently and needed pilots. As two of these are jets, the 6 offered by 21st won't cut it. I went to TRU and picked up several of the BBI Navy Seal/Helicopter figures. I then used the oxygen masks from the P-47 pilots, painted the helmets neutral or ghost grey and they looked even better than I had hoped.

I agree with you Jesse regarding the manufacture vs sale of individual items. I've got to believe that they have a pretty good idea what kind of sales they should expect with their pilot figures as they were indeed put out to stores if only in limited number.

Here's a good question. Might sales for pilot figures (in terms of percentage vs infantry figures) differ depending on whether they are sold in a store vs sold via website distributer? What I mean is do customers like us, who I believe purchase at best a limited number of pilot figures, differ greatly from your Walmart customer? While we purchase exactly what we need/want, which again are mostly soldier/infantry figures, might the WM customer be just as willing and ready to purchase a pilot figure as he/she might a soldier? As for pilot figures, I've got to believe their best market might indeed be a box store.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:33 am

Carded pilots and other vehicle drivers would sell, no question, IF they were different than what buyers already have. I believe the main reason the 21st carded pilots were poor sellers is because they were the exact same figures as packed with the aircraft. If 21st had added a few accessories (two hats, per bbi), changed the headsculpt, different paint or even unit ID, they would have been more popular. I always thought these pack-in figures, with slightly different variations, would be a GREAT fan club offering but so far none of the companies have done much to develop their fan clubs. I just hope no manufacturer gets the idea of selling the aircraft, and pilots, seperately!! :shock:

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 am

I think I've got a pretty good idea why they're not selling the pilots seperately. It's because they won't sell. I went to Walmart a little while ago and there's a new batch of fighters including the "flying undertaker". I looked at the pilot and either the mold melted or he was designed to look drunk. Not sure which.

As for the aircraft it looks pretty good. I've got to believe that it's a newer version of the Mustang no? If so, how does it compare (what are the differences) between the two as I'll pick one up later today.