POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Is anyone in the forum from Louisiana? I wonder if any Avengers are in the state yet?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Wings_&_Armor
Corporal
Corporal

Re: avenger

Post by Wings_&_Armor » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm

der Vogelfänger wrote:
digger wrote:The BCT post is a bit conflicted: We don't know when they're coming but wait for them? They're not telling us anything but the next batch will be fixed? You have to wonder how much of it is just begging people not to buy the plane at WM and how much of it is just sound advice.

The reason they are probably not receiving much info is last time they jumped the gun on taking preorders (ie their shipping agent did NOT have them in hand) and then raised a huge stink when their order fell through. Much like how we cost ourselves info by being unforgiving with manufacturing delays. :wink: :P
OR BCT had good intel and moved with the information supplied to them, rather than trying to pull anything, as some suspect. I feel confident that BCT knows HOW to run a business and can only rely on WHAT they are told by a supplier. It's tiresome to see some companies being run-down verbally and always being shown, or tried to be, in a poor light. Basically, IF a person does not KNOW what is happening, FACTUALLY, don't plant negative seeds. There is a German word for this: Schadenfreude....pleasure taken from some else's misfortune.

dV
I concur dV. This one is obviously not the e-tailer's fault. They pretty much got hosed any way that you look at it. :?

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:02 pm

Sabrefan wrote:Is anyone in the forum from Louisiana? I wonder if any Avengers are in the state yet?
My sister lives in Baton Rouge and she also is looking for the avenger for me…she has had no luck finding any.

Shes ticked of at me for sending her on a wild goose chase. :D
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

Avengers

Post by Big Duke 6 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Hebert,

Sent you a PM !!!

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by victory » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:41 pm

Sabrefan wrote:Is anyone in the forum from Louisiana? I wonder if any Avengers are in the state yet?
I've been searching the New Orleans Metro area and nothing yet.

hworth18

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Post by hworth18 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Went to a Super Walmart tonight and talked with the Toy Dept Manager.. She informed me that they had the Avengers, 8 of them to be exact, but that they weren't scheduled to be out on the shelves until they completed their seasonal reset next week.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:16 pm

So close yet so far. :(

digger

well

Post by digger » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:53 pm

DV, with all due respect - if the post was not conflicted then why did they feel the need to change it? Yes, if you look now the definitive statements are gone.

Further, I never said "factually" - look at what you quoted - I said probably. The fact is the Avengers are here, made it across country in about 2 days, and we're still not happy b/c BCT didn't get them first? You're right, we don't know what happened but what we do know is they are available now and BCT is saying wait a little longer. OK, to each his own. :roll:

Let's not forget BCT also said the production was halted - was this a fact? I didn't see you calling them out for "planting negative seeds." If your loyalty to BCT is so blind then don't get upset with others' loyalty to the company that actually makes the stuff. :wink:

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:58 pm

I hope they still make the Bunker Hill paint scheme version of the Avenger. It looks great in that scheme.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Wow! How the heck did I miss this thread! TIme for me to take a trip to Walmart!

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:13 am

I didn't read ALL 15 pages of this post but I saw where TKO answered the question of the pitot tube for the Avenger. I found a pic of the real thing and thought I'd link it so those of us like me who intend to add it can get a good fix on where it is located on the real thing.

here is the page with a bunch of other pics:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/tbf/tbf.shtml

Also, The box says there is an antenna and there is one on the picture on the box, but none on the plane, What happened to that?
Was that another last minute drop?

BTW there were three left in the Lynnwood WA Walmart as of this evening for anyone in my area. That store is conveniently open 24 hours.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: well

Post by der Vogelfänger » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:23 am

digger wrote:DV, with all due respect - if the post was not conflicted then why did they feel the need to change it? Yes, if you look now the definitive statements are gone.

Further, I never said "factually" - look at what you quoted - I said probably. The fact is the Avengers are here, made it across country in about 2 days, and we're still not happy b/c BCT didn't get them first? You're right, we don't know what happened but what we do know is they are available now and BCT is saying wait a little longer. OK, to each his own. :roll:

Let's not forget BCT also said the production was halted - was this a fact? I didn't see you calling them out for "planting negative seeds." If your loyalty to BCT is so blind then don't get upset with others' loyalty to the company that actually makes the stuff. :wink:
digger,

I changed nothing, simply took what was posted and how it read on my screen. If someone is changing our posts, that is a very bad deal. If there was more to your quoted post, apologies for responding to semi-intel. To be sure, nothing was changed on my end. :? :!:

No, I'm not blinded by loyalty, but I have always felt that "they" were straight shooters. My intent was not to throw knives at anyone, but to just slow all the criticism down a bit. BTW, please repost your former post, again, and let's see if it stays intact. :)

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

digger

Post by digger » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:02 am

DV, :lol: I should have been more clear - BCT's post was changed. You quoted me straight away.
I hear you on slowing the criticism; will do.
I did give them credit for discounting the Red Devil and selling the Smoke II for peanuts. I also never fail to mention their good deals or "first contact" with new products. Just thought I'd add some perspective to the whole Avenger thing seeing as how only one side has had anything to say about it and we have been taking their word as bond.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:04 am

I have spent the last week searching all the WM in my area and... NOTHING! :evil:

I hope my stores are in the same boat as the recently mentioned above... I hope mine has them and is just waiting to put some out.

I guess I have to be patient a little longer. :D

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

TKO

Post by Big Duke 6 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 am

TKO,

You are looking too ? I would have thought you may have had one of the first ones.... Bummer

BD6

Hey Morian Miner ! I beat you ! LOL
Last edited by Big Duke 6 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 am

TKO,

I thought you got the airplanes from 21C? They're making you look for this one? That's just mean. :wink:

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 am

In case anyone was wondering why the earth suddenly stopped turning on its axis last night, it was because the Avengers have arrived in the Pittsburgh area! Washington, Pa, and eight of them at that!

I wasn't going to drive around with my hope fading as fast as my gasoline supply, so I called the one store I suspected would have Avengers. I asked for the toy department and told the clerk that I was looking for a plane in a really big box. She put me on hold for about 15 seconds (which I knew was a good sign) and then told me they had a bunch.

Needless to say, I was on the road immediately and bought 3.

So, instead of driving, I suggest calling WMs after 9:00 in the evening when the clerks have more time to look and are less haggled by customers. Unless the Avengers are in the garden department, which is somewhat likely, even most 55 year old women should be able to spot them.

The quality on all 8 was fine. I examined each and only found a few of the minor paint imperfections that we are all used to.

Beautiful plane, I can't wait to get home from work and open it. My stuka is gonna cringe in the corner when it sees it's no longer the big dog.

Fighting the urge to buy more of them...

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:25 am

I am saving up my favor bank with 21st for the flight 19 set! :lol:

21st is good to me -no doubt- but sometimes I gotta take matters into my own hands and do the hunting thing same as the rest of us. I think EVERY Avenger that was ready was shipped. I doubt that 21st even has a final prodcution sample for themselves at the moment :wink:

They were too busy trying to take care of us fans first!!!!! My recon sweep starts again tomorrow night.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:38 am

Wonder if I'll break down and buy the Atlantic version if I come across it....Probably.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:44 am

I think I have run my last recon for awhile.. Gas just hit $3.00 a gallon here and that's too much for me at the moment..

Hey TKO, Any word on the George Bush Avenger (release date/how it will be available)????
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:50 am

tko211 wrote:I am saving up my favor bank with 21st for the flight 19 set! :lol:
Hell! I'll buy that for a dollar!

They should have a Flight 19 promotion where after you buy 4, you get the 5th one free.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:54 am

flpickupman wrote:
tko211 wrote:I am saving up my favor bank with 21st for the flight 19 set! :lol:
Hell! I'll buy that for a dollar!

They should have a Flight 19 promotion where after you buy 4, you get the 5th one free.
But then they all get lost getting to your doorstep and end up in the UPS "triangle"...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Howard Stark

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

hworth18

Post by flpickupman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 am

See? This guy is good! He has imagination. :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:26 pm

My area recon just finished, in 110 degree heat.......thank God for good Korean air conditioning. With my wife's Sonata you can put meat on the dashboard and it will stay frozen.

But to the point, my AO, Perth Amboy, NJ, Linden, NJ and Sayerville, NJ all zip for the Avenger. I covered every inch of the toy department, taking my time.

Two of these stores (except Perth Amboy) are reorganizing the toy department and 21C pickins were pitiful. Amboy still stocked, with neat stuff.

I had hopes after the LI sighting. :evil: Oh well, how mant years did we wait? I can stand a little more.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Just got Bad Cat Toys newsletter. In the section of the Avenger, it mentions: "We are still trying to negotiate a settlement with the manufacturer".

Sounds like the BCT exclusive can still be alive. On life support.......but those of you know I was on life support also after my stroke and I'm still here. :lol: , and kicking. :)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.