Question on Japanese figures?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Question on Japanese figures?

Post by momaw nadon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone has all three series of these figure and could post a picture? I know the first series is green, but I want to know which series I have of the other tan/yellow ones. I comparison picture would be great. If you can't post a picture would you be able to send me one to [email protected]
Thank you for your help.
momaw nadon

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:33 pm

MN, I know this won't help but I thought I might post a pic to get the ball rolling

sorry I may have the same problem as you, I don't know whether my japs are yellow or tan :?

BTW the dark green guy is painted by me

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:43 pm

well mamaw nadon do you remember what the cards looked like? the yellow ones had the japanese flag in the back

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:57 pm

1st---MOMAW--As far as I know the GREEN JAPS are the S1 Japs (the card has the Jap raisen sun flag)and the YELLOW JAPS are the S2 Japs (the card has the Jap Marine emblem)----Some of my Yellow Japs are different shades of Yellow but as far as I know-- all the Yellow Japs are the S2's!!!!!----But I have seen some Green Japs with the Jap Marine emblem on the card---I don't know if this is supposed to be S3 Japs or not!!!!! 2nd---MEDIUMP---I like the pic of the Japs ---looks like they are ready for a banzai charge!!!!! :lol: Again---this as far as I know!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 pm

The cards have the Japanese Marine emblem, but the main thing I'm looking for is the differences of the Yellow S2 and Tan S3 uniforms. I have a set of all six, but I want to know which version they are. IMO tan and yellow all look the same with how Germany used it on tanks and stuff. Thank you guys for the help
momaw nadon

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

japs

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:23 am

I am of the theory that there are two variants - Green & tan/yellow. The shade on the latter may vary between waves but I don't think there is a distinct difference. Much like we agreed some of the vehicles are not nec. new versions, just slightly different runs of the same version.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:50 am

THERE IS A S3 WAVE THAT I POSTED IN WM FINDS MAYBE TWO MONTHS AGO. THEY ARE ON THE SAME CARD AS THE S2 YELLOW WITH THE SAME BACK. I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY CHANGES IN THE ITEMS OR FACES BUT THE UNIFORMS ARE THE GREY/GREEN. THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. i HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM AT TWO DIFFERENT WALMARTS. THEY MAY BE COMMING OUT WITH A NEW WAVE OF THE OMG FIGURES BECAUSE SOME OF THE STORES APPEAR TO HAVE RESTOCKED THEM TOO.
i DIDNT BUY ANY AS I PROBABLY PUT OUT A COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS ON THE YELLER FELLERS (UNIFORMS)
I MAY PICK UP A FEW NOW.

oH AND THE NEW STAWARS IMPERIAL GUNNER IS A KICK ARSE FIGURE.
REMOVABLE ARMOR AND HELMET - GREAT FACE SCULPT.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

digger

japs

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:52 am

I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY CHANGES IN THE ITEMS OR FACES BUT THE UNIFORMS ARE THE GREY/GREEN
So are they not the same as the S1? New card doesn't count. :wink:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:57 am

NO THE UNIFORM IS MUCH GREYER THAN S1 - LIKE COMPARING NAVY BLUE AND SEA GREEN BLUE

digger

hhmm..

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:11 am

Cool...I may need to get me some...(my figure finger been's itchy anyway)...if someone has any of these and could post pics it would be much appreciated. :D

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:00 pm

Stuka,
So the S3 are not tan as stated before? If you pick any of they up could you post some comparison shots? Thanks
momaw nadon

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am

I wont have a chance to check out that Walmart until maybe this Friday - but I will do my best -

Update though - At another Walmart found what appears to be the S1 Green I was in a hurry so want really lookingat the card details so sorry about the sloppy recon.

But in both cases they are with OMG figures - the pegs are full of them sort of like back in the day when marines showed up overnight and hung out way too long - I mean - they don't pay rent, shower, just took up space and didnt even give me money for food!!