Who collects the 1:18 helos.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Who collects the 1:18 helos.

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:57 am

There are six helos to get between the 21st Century and BBI: 1) BBI AH-64 Apache, 2) 21st AH-1 Cobra, 3) BBI UH-60 Blackhawk, 4) 21st UH-1 Huey (Gunship version) 5) BBI OH-58 Kiowa, & 5) BBI AH-6 Little Bird.

I have them all but was wondering from you, what are the best ones to get? My favorites are in the ordered list above.

Only if the would come out with a Commanche or Hind-D.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

helos

Post by digger » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:12 am

A lot of us collect the helos (and have been quietly pulling for a JGG or Sea Stallion as others have suggested). My fav is the Cobra - possibly 21C's best AC to date with engine access, highly detailed cockpit, accurate paint schemes and model-like detail. I think the Kiowa may be second on my list for some of the same reasons (engine access, cockpit, paint schemes). The best pilots I thought were the Apache pilots and if the BH was armed at all I may have put it #2.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:22 am

Well except for the 2 XD helo`s (Super Cobra & Huey) I`ve got the other 4 (BBI Apache,Blackhawk,Littlebird & Kiowa) :D

Plus I have 3 PTE Littlebirds (which are spot on for US SpecOps 160th Littlebords).

Also have the Chap Mei Chinook/Sea Knight helo too.

As well as 2 PTE Blackhawks as well.

I`m hoping sometime to get the BBI Pavehawk though I DO want to get the Huey & SuperCobra too.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:29 am

I am surprised that the helos are not talked about often. They are very detailed and may be better than most of the aircraft.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:41 am

LOL We do try just the Airplane guys keep beating us down HAHAHAHAHA

just kidding.

There is posts on helo`s mate,just usually when something needs to be said. We`ve had the DREAM lists in the past & of course what ppl have. Also posts showing their own helos off too.

Most who have helo`s also have ground pounders too so there`s a LOT to cover there with items available,dream items to be made etc.

So do some backtracking in the section also feel free to start some too :D No doubt you`ll find as digger said,plenty of Helo owners jumping in :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am

I have them all except the camo Pavehawk. My favorite is the Cobra followed by the Apache and the Little Bird.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:37 pm

mostly because BBI gave us the one helicopter Most people wanted off the bat.. the Apache.. and the second requested... the Blackhawk

alot of people like me are for now satisfied with choppers, it was a cool treat to be given the Kiowa, ive always loved it and it works well with the apaches since they usually work together on missions

id say the only main requests left is a Hind, a cargo heli, and perhaps a commanche. but other then a V22 osprey ( which is the best of both worlds) i dont think there are many others wanting to be done, and 2 of thoose are really big for a heli! ( hind and transport)
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Does the Bbi Black Hawk have sling load capability?

I have been thinking about getting the hellos my self.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:50 pm

I got all of the helos and I am really happy with them. Though, I think the best deal was the 20$ bbi Little Bird. Seems like a steal now a days.
Aaron

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:20 pm

I collect the helos, but lack the BBI Blackhawk/Pavehawk and Apache. My ultimate favorite is the 21c AH-1W due to its level of detail, accuracy and functionality. My second favorite would have to be the BBI Littlebird.

My collection includes the aforementioned 21c AH-1W, the origional 21c UH-1, the BBI Littlebird and the BBI Kiowa. I am in the market for a BBI Blackhawk, but do not have the display space for it :?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:24 pm

tmanthegreat, The Apache is very impressive piece as well, don't let that one slip by.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:27 pm

I forgot to say, that The Cobra and Apache are are about the same size. The Apache pilots and the helments are also the best figures of all companies so far IMHO.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:46 pm

yes the Blackhawk does have sling load abitlity. You see lots of pictures of them slinging Humvees. They can also sling artillery, supplies etc.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 pm

aferguson wrote:yes the Blackhawk does have sling load abitlity. You see lots of pictures of them slinging Humvees. They can also sling artillery, supplies etc.
I know the Black Hawk UH 60 has sling load ability, I went to AAS "Air Assault School"And graduated from it, I also participated in sling load operations. What I wanted to know is does the BBI Black hawk have the sling load capability, or does one have to modify it?

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:24 pm

The BBI Blackhawk and Pavehawk do in fact have a sling that sits outboard on the starbord side above the cargo doors. A litttle rope comes with the helo but it is not strong enough for other vehicles. However, it can sling humans things that way simular in comparison for reality. It has the winch for rescue missions much like the coast guard has on their Dauphin helos and Seahawks.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:12 am

tkjaer21 wrote:The BBI Blackhawk and Pavehawk do in fact have a sling that sits outboard on the starbord side above the cargo doors. A litttle rope comes with the helo but it is not strong enough for other vehicles. However, it can sling humans things that way simular in comparison for reality. It has the winch for rescue missions much like the coast guard has on their Dauphin helos and Seahawks.
Thanks,
No I was looking to see if the Bbi Black Hawk had the cargo hook for heavy cargo.
But thanks for the Info.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:22 am

VMF115,

The cargo sling load is always do-able with a little customizing mate :D

The one on the door as we all know is for Helo absailing/Rappling & or winch.

Got to say BBI doing the Apache was a dream come true though I`d still love to see a Jolly Green Giant or a true 1/18th Wokka wokka :D

Though also the British part of me say`s LYNX is needed too :D My custom Modern Brits would truely like to have at least one Lynx for Air transport instead of having to be shuttled in the USArmy UH60....LOL

Ja
Steel Bonnet

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:47 am

if the BH was armed at all I may have put it #2.
I keep hoping that BBI will release a retooled version of the blackhawk; full crew, gunners seats (lose the fuel tanks), a pair of mini-guns and new markings over a black paint job. They could call it the SOAR version and I would buy a pair of them for sure.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:48 am

I collect their bigger cousins - 1/6 Helo by 21st. The only model is the Little Bird version. I convert these into ceiling fan light fixtures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6049097969

I have thread on this forum if anyone was will buy one for their home. Currently I have a PD helo, a black special ops helo and a Cav helo converted.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:55 am

The BH CAN be armed though so there IS NO need to say it`s NOT.

You just put the Hellfires onto the Blackhawk wings (removing the Fuel tanks of course.

After all the BH is Hellfire authorised.

As for the missing parts of the Apache (where the hellfires came from) just make 2 new Rocket pod tubes & afix them to the point.

Just an idea.

As for miniguns just use the one`s that came with GI JOE JvC Roadblock. Of course you`ll need make the mounts & ammo belt & ammo casing tube.

Nothings Impossible.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Helo Collector

Post by Folkwulfe » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:06 pm

I started out with the 21stC Littlebird in 1/6th scale and have been happily collecting them since. I got a little fed up, though, when 21C came out with the Vietnam Cayuse that was just a repaint. It took a while, but I converted and original Littlebird (sagging blades, weak landing skids, etc..) and have been pleased with the results. The 1/18th offerings are just as ripe for conversion and accurizing, so let your imagination run wild! You decide....
ImageImage
ImageImage
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Folkwulfe,

Always a Pleasure to see this Cayuse mate.

She`s tricked out so beautifully & the attention to detail is amazing even though it`s 1/6th it`s Still not the easiest thing to do at scale.

So Top marks & thank`s again for sharing this mate :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:10 pm

lastest 1/18 helo creation....great base for projects

Last edited by Aviatornut.com on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:43 pm

I have two apaches, one blackhawk, one CIA huey, two kiowas, three PTE lil birds, one bbi lil bird, and a cobra. I still need the three green huey, green bbi lil bird and camo cobra...also the pavehawk