New 21st Armor Info Sunday 9 July!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: crews

Post by catman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:55 pm

digger wrote:The WC-51 was also crewless, as were the re-release halftracks. Not good imo.
YEAH!! and it didnt come with all those weapons and accessories. i was so pissed of. i was about to go return it

and my mutts pissed me off to..

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Well if I was AT and had the Zero in planning and learned 21C has plans and BBI had already produced theirs in 2 schemes, I'd shelf the Zero and proceed to the next plane.

I said this before but it doesn't make sense to have 3 companies market the same plane. It cuts their potential sales by 2/3rds.

Like I keep hearing Kingtiger, Tamiya has those already and the other FOV (?) full diecast one. Next!

Trumpter has 4 versions of the T-34's in 1/16 Close enough to 1/18.

Of course those kits don't cost $40! I don't care what the Pak 40 costs, let's get it on the boat! $25-30 is not a big deal. The extra features adds to the cost.

I'm sure the lack of figures is NOT a cost cutting measure, more like to increase their sales on the figures when they sell them in sets or individually.

I have a freind that will drive all over town to save 3-4 dollars on a DVD, I laugh at him and get mine and go home whiles he's in traffic...

Dave

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:34 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:Well if I was AT and had the Zero in planning and learned 21C has plans and BBI had already produced theirs in 2 schemes, I'd shelf the Zero and proceed to the next plane.

I said this before but it doesn't make sense to have 3 companies market the same plane. It cuts their potential sales by 2/3rds.

Like I keep hearing Kingtiger, Tamiya has those already and the other FOV (?) full diecast one. Next!

Trumpter has 4 versions of the T-34's in 1/16 Close enough to 1/18.

Of course those kits don't cost $40! I don't care what the Pak 40 costs, let's get it on the boat! $25-30 is not a big deal. The extra features adds to the cost.

Dave
I see your point, but if they make it better than the other company and offer the same price the people that buy from the other companies will buy yours too. And don't forget the people who haven't got one yet.

Plus when you compare 1/16 and 1/18 there is a big difference. Most in this hobby don't like items out of scale, so they will stick to the scale that they are in. Most don't cross over or mix scales. And the price point on 1/16 is totally not even close to what we get in the 1/18 from 21st C and bbi and they are not that bad in detail for the price too. If you price a Tigers in 1/16 and what we got from 21st C in 1/18, then tell me what one you would want to buy? Yes, the 1/16 one is more accurate, but costs almost 4x+ as much too. That leaves you with an over sided tank (if you are in 1/18 scale) that cost you and arm and leg, when you could just change the things that are wrong with the 21st C one.

momaw nadon

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:36 pm

I think there are enough people out there who would like a KT or a T34 that aren't willing to shell out a few hundred dollars for the Tamyia but would more than likely drop 50 for the 21st one.
Aaron

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:44 pm

My point being the KT and T-34 are out there and most model tank collectors will likely have them already, so the manufactuers should work on something that people / market don't have.

I haven't taken my KT out recently but the 1/16 T-34 is smaller than the 21C Panther. And my unbuilt 1/16 Pershing hull appears to be simliar size to the M-48 Patton.

I at first didn't buy the 21C Tiger, as I have the Bandai 1/15 and Tamiya 1/16 Tiger, but when Motorworks came out with the diecast hull, then I got it.

I have yet to pull out the scale and measure the porportions of the 21C toys, I just display a few and hold the rest for the future.

I will likely buy one, depending on how it is and any other 21C stuff that strikes my fancy.

Variety strikes my fancy a lot. You should see my 1/18 diecast cars/ trucks.

dave

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:55 pm

The History Channel and Military Channel often use film footage that doesn't always fit the narrative. I have seen shows on the Battle of the Bulge where they used footage of early Pz IV's that were probably from the Poland campaign. The narrator may be referring to Pak 38's but maybe all their film library had was a shot of a Pak 40

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:02 pm

i suspect we'll see a bunker hill avenger one day.....it may just not be a BCT exclusive.

As far as the upcoming BCT exclusives, very hard to say if they will be new planes or repaints of existing planes. I could see a repaint of AT's 262 being one of them, though.

A 1/18 KT will sell very well i'm sure. On price point alone it's well less than the tamiya kit, plus you don't have to build it. I have a 1/16 T-34 and the size difference is noticable but i've learned to live with these differences. It's close enough that it still looks ok with the 1/18 figures and unless you compare side by side you'd reallly not be able to tell it was out of scale. That said, true 1/18 vehicles are always going to be preferred by 1/18 collectors. Of course that said, the BBI F-16, as we've just learned, is too big, being about 1/16.8 scale. So, you never know.

Like i said in another post, it's better to consider yourself a 1/18-ish scale collector. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:05 pm

18 brand new 1/18 WWII figures on the way from 21c. Check out Area 21 for early details...

DAK
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:16 pm

SWEET..

Iv'e heard so much about 'DAK' but what are they? I hope to god it is Akrika Corps?

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Deutsches
Afrika
Korp

Aaron

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm

sweet.. thanks
its been confirmed that theres two in the lot

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:30 pm

I truely Hope we`ll see at least 2 if not more BRITISH Paras or British Infantry :D

Now that would be a god send :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:33 pm

i was hoping for russians and britishdoes anyone know when it will be announced? TKO?