Petie The 2nd P-51D

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

posting pics

Post by digger » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:54 am

Sabrefan, it is really easy. Go to photobucket.com and sign up for free - it is like signing up for free email, perhaps even easier. You will be able to upload photos by use of a "browse" button. You can load multiple photos at once or one at a time. Once it is loaded open this site in a new window. Copy and paste into your post here the "Img" text which photobucket provides underneath each of your uploaded photos and with no extra work it should appear here as an image. Preview your post to be sure it has worked.
I know this sounds complicated but it is not. Play with it and you will see what I mean.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:08 pm

I can see but i keep getting a "setting Cookie" Pop up.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:22 pm

I'm pretty sure P-51 is working on an archive for us. Not so long ago someone asked and he said it was in the works. Right before Ground Pounders dropped I downloaded much of the old archive to my hard drive. I still have it someplace although I haven’t seen it in a while. There has been so much new stuff out now that it’s surely surpassed to old archive by quite some bit.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:34 pm

The pictures work fine for me.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:23 pm

Hey guys. I thought that my P-51 didnt have the bent prop blades but it did. So what did I do? I fixed the problem. Heres what I did. I took the BBI Prop from a broken up airplane my friend had. I replaced the nose cone with the 21st cone and it went together and looks great. I wish I had a scanner to show everyone the results but unfortunatley I dont because with a car payment and so fourth I'm a broke SOB most of the time :cry: . But with correct prop blades "Petie" is better looking then it was before. I'm also doing a few other little modifications to it, not that it needs it, but thats the modeler side of me coming out. As I have said before the new tool Mustang is an awsome Mustang and a perfect replica of the "most areo dynamically perfect persuit plane in exsistence - General Hap Arnold, USAAF".

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:51 pm

MightyMustang, did I send you pictures of my P-51s with the props fixed? I think I did. (lol)
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

The Old Man
Private First Class
Private First Class

21st 51

Post by The Old Man » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:51 pm

Got a 21st 51 - only P-51 I ever owned, saw, or had pictires of that had folding wings - the warp is so bad it fits well on a carrier deck next to the F4U. And the prop - last time I saw a 51 prop like that was a belly in on snow. The tires - has anyone ever seen slicks on a 51 ? Yeah - the overall is interesting but - but it goes directly to the grand kids cause I already use the first issue 21st 51 as a light hammer - works real well
I will keep getting BBI - rivets and all - besides since all of BBIs are show planes and show birds are a collection of parts and they have had the epoxy covering removed from the wings, I guess the rivets are OK - besides I like all the little decals and love to count rivets. And as far as it apparently is a P51 world - well, nothing else will sell. Cause "its a Mustang".
Besides Tom Cruse got his P-51 last month - "Kiss Me Kate" - the name will be changed however to - "Hole in the Ground". Can't wait till BBI does that one.
Course that's just an Old Man's opinion
Neil Hesse

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:50 am

The Old Man,

Folding wings? I dont know what pics you saw of a P-51 having folding wings but whatever. Warped wings on 21st Centurys new tool Mustang?. I havent seen one yet that had that problem. Bent prop blades? Ya thats a problem that can be easily fixed by some simple tweaking and besides 21st knows its a problem and they said they will fix it. You must have gotton a bad Mustang my freind and thats sad.

But as they say you cant please them all.
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

AAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggh

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:55 am

i can't see the photos ?