21C New 1:18 Armor

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
paulwong
Private First Class
Private First Class

21C New 1:18 Armor

Post by paulwong » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:31 am

21C had announced new 1:18 armor through Area-21: German Sdkfz. 251/7 Pioneerpanzerwagen. Still no allies a little disappointed. :(

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:40 am

i hear you.

i wanted a list, but may be things will come a long a little bit late
whats up doc....

demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 21C New 1:18 Armor

Post by demonclaw » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:48 am

paulwong wrote:21C had announced new 1:18 armor through Area-21: German Sdkfz. 251/7 Pioneerpanzerwagen. Still no allies a little disappointed. :(
Wow a rehased veichle with the same paint scheme and some addons , I think I´ll pass this one sice I already have a 21stc Sdkfz. 251/7

paulwong
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by paulwong » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:48 am

I am fighting a losing war with my current allies armors (Jeeps, Half-Tracks and Shermans) against the mighty superior Third Reich armor forces. :cry:

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:59 am

relax, it's just the first release based on an existing model. I am sure the biggest news will come later so stay tuned and prepare your counter-attack ! :wink:

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:19 am

ok guy i am signing off.

can not keep my eyes open any longer.....
whats up doc....

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:28 am

:x
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:25 am

Well it`s something I partially expected to start the releases off with. Reworked pieces.
I think as said already on this thread,there Building up to the NEW stuff,wetting our appitities if you will :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

digger

?

Post by digger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:54 am

aferguson wrote::x
Andrew, you too are displeased? Didn't you buy some kookie GiJoe bridgelayer to customize? At least you'll have an accurate German version. :wink:

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:47 am

paulwong wrote:I am fighting a losing war with my current allies armors (Jeeps, Half-Tracks and Shermans) against the mighty superior Third Reich armor forces.
I have to agree! Every time I purchase a German Tank I have to buy 5 Shermans and two U.S. Halftracks! :)

The new Pioneerpanzerwagen is nice and I will probably pick up a couple (one to leave complete and one to modify). I am just pleased it is 1:18 and 21st has not forgotten that line! Lets see more 1:18 armor and Accessories! Build-a-Rama has been asleep too, lately! :cry:
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:04 am

Hmm, couldn't they spice it up a bit?

7.5 cm PaK 40 it, or nebelwerfers?

Ah, well. It givs me hope for another Tiger or Panther rereleases, save me the huge cost of shopping online.
I Tan I Epi Tas

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:15 am

the way you do these things is to come out with some of your best stuff first. It's just like writing a Top Ten joke list. Some of your best jokes first, then some weaker ones, then your last good one and then the number one joke which is usually a medium joke but a little on the bizarre side.

By doing it that way you soften up your audience and make them more accepting of the less exciting stuff (cause they're still chuckling over the good jokes). The problem with building from small to big is that by the time you get to big stuff the audience has been so put off by the boring stuff that they are more critical and less accepting of the good stuff. This is a fool proof formula.

Anyway, a bridge laying hanomag is probably the most unexciting german vehicle i can think of. If 21c is worried about armour not selling well, why they would come out with this at all is a mystery. They could have just thrown the bridge sections in with a more exciting hanomag version, or have several pieces in one box so the buyer could make one of several hanomag versions.

Full marks for coming out with something new but D- for the subject matter. I fear this one is going to be a real dust collector...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:21 am

Getting back to my point about the order...imagine if they had done it this way (assuming these pieces are coming of course....maybe the bridge laying hanomag IS their best new piece :lol: ):

King Tiger

Priest

Pak 40

Bridgle Laying Hanomag

etc

By the time they get to the hanomag everyone would be so giddy about the other stuff that they'd be like.....'wow, a bridge laying hanomag too, that's pretty cool, very unexpected...nice'

Anyway, i think i have beaten this to death now... :wink:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:27 am

Anyway you look at it, I am stoked. It looks like a cool toy. I think of it as more of an appetizer. It whets my taste for something more.
Aaron

digger

well

Post by digger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:40 am

aferguson wrote:the way you do these things is to come out with some of your best stuff first....
Well actually in the 1:18 toy industry it seems the way it is done is you come out with no info at all...and then when pics of new items leak out you ignore all inquiries of them. :wink:

I don't think this is a Letterman top ten list - I agree this is not the most exciting piece of armor but it is new, 1:18 scale and did actually see action. Why should 21st roll the dice with a whole new tank mold when nobody else is making armor? If a KT was such a sure thing why hasn't anyone made one yet? Just like wartime, base platforms can be re-used at low cost to achieve diversity in the field...if it is between no armor and some obscure armor, I will take the latter every time.

We are a small, jaded community of buyers and although we say we'll buy anything that rolls it is clearly not the case (see people refusing to buy awesome bbi Sherman b/c of lousy M1 & LAV). I'll say it again, at least the first announcement was not the Xtreme Wings S9 Zero... :roll:

Another brightside of this is that if they'll make this variant who's to say we won't see other, more "exciting" ones?

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:45 am

I for one wouldn't mind having it collect dust on my shelf. :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:00 am

well we already know that 21c is doing a KT. They already confirmed that at the Feb Toy Show. We just haven't seen any pics of it yet.

I agree there is most likely better stuff to come, after the build up they've given us. (but i still say the 'top ten' formula is applicable :P ).

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:18 am

Yeah, it's a rehash, but I actually like it. Anything that carries the 2.8cm squeeze-bore AT gun is a winner in my book, hehehe..... It looks pretty neat! I'm sure we will see the new stuff in due course. My only concern is whether or not I will ever actually see the thing in person with how our stores are distributing the stuff.......

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:30 am

Yes, the 2.8 gun is a definite plus. I do like that particular gun. Dragon and DID both have just released a 2.8 gun in 1/6. One is is all metal with a working breech, the other is metal and plastic. Each has different sized wheels but I can see that gun on a 1/6 Sdkfz 251. Wow.

I've got both versions "in the mail" 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:40 am

Well you guys need to consider it as a low cost stepping stone, and will likely generates sales income to help fund the "new" items in the works.

Just like all the repaints of the recent 1/18 airplanes.

Posters keep mentioning a King Tiger, but with the tank hulls all ready produced ie, Sherman, Tiger, Panther, Panzer IV, there is a seeming endless armor varitions that could be done in the time span of another KT enginerred and marketed.

Right now I would like to see less promotion of coming soon products that are likely to be a year or more away and more rapid delivery of products that are supposed to be production.

Produce it, assemble it, package it, and ship it !!!! 1,2,3,4 easy...

And I would like NOT to pay double for it, from an online store just be sure of getting it.

DH

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Keep in mind gentlemen that further rehashes could mean a Stug IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, Hummel, ect. all on existing chassis. I don't think anyone would complain about that. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:12 am

Its not reaslly new. Just a rehash of an already reased item.. No wonder 21st C is out of the originalk 251s. They shipped them back to chaina and had the bridges added to them. I would had liked it better with a pack 40 mounted on it. :(
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:32 am

:D i'd like to see the US Army halftrack come back as a M16 :shock:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 am

I actually love this!!!
What we have been asking for!
So it is not a Kingtiger but it is - In my expert opinion - a perfect start -
This only means the rest of the upcomming items will be awesome!

This also gives me the expectation that we will some changes to the panther chasis...
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:52 pm

I like it. Would prefer it in a different paintscheme, but can't complain about seeing some new ground vehicles.