SmallJoes Customer Service

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

SmallJoes Customer Service

Post by GIToys » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Many of us here deal with online retailers, and most are terrific. I did have an unfortunate Customer Service situation with SmallJoes.com: I ordered the Ultimate Soldier 32x Russian and Japanese sets from them. Unfortunately, they sent me two Russian sets. When I emailed them about the error, they weren't helpful beyond the point of requiring that I do everything to make up for their error: pack up the extra Russian set, mail it Parcel Post, wait for them to get it and send the Japanese set along with a check that reimburses me for the return shipping. I realize that this is not unreasonable...but is it GOOD customer service? I mean, I have to pack, post...and then stand on line at the bank to cash a check for a lousy few dollars! From your collective experience, have other online retailers gone a little further to keep customers like me (because I've placed my last order with SmallJoes).
--Mike J, gitoys

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:41 pm

I haven't dealt with this retailer, but I have heard good things about them and their customer service. What they are asking is not unreasonable considering that you got the package. Had they sent the package to a wrong address, then I would expect them to replace the figures, no questions asked. That's just my spin on the situation...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Yeah that is just one of those "pain in the butt - too bad it happed" kind of deals. I hate it when stuff like that happens because it too much of a wast of time for what it is worth. It worse when it is not your fault. I know how you feel.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:13 am

At first, I didn't think it was a big deal for Smalljoes to ask you to do that, but then I realized I've had a similar problem with a few other vendors, and really that turned me off from their site. Not that I wouldn't order from them again, but they wouldn't be my first choice.

With that in mind, its important to realize the majority of the online retailers are small outfits, and most likely not even the people's primary business. I've dealt with Smalljoes quite a bit, and have run into "issues" with them not being as prompt as other etailers. But, when I had started ordering from the site, I remember they discussed this due to this being a side business - so I'm still inclined to cut them some slack.

digger

well

Post by digger » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 am

Well, if it is just a "couple of bucks" I would say keep the extra set if you don't want to wait on line at the bank.

Stuff happens, and this sounds like it could have gone a lot worse. Anyway, you are in the wrong forum for this type of thread, especially since we're not even talking about 1:18 items. If the retailers are relegated to the BST forum, our gripes should be too.

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:42 am

Ive noticed that whenever i order from them that my shipping cost is about 3 to 5 dollars more than what is on the box when it arrives.I dont know if maybe it has insurance that just doesnt show on the box.I know ive heard other voice this in the past.

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Shipping and handling?

Post by lablksmith » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:11 am

shadow83 wrote:Ive noticed that whenever i order from them that my shipping cost is about 3 to 5 dollars more than what is on the box when it arrives.I dont know if maybe it has insurance that just doesnt show on the box.I know ive heard other voice this in the past.
I noticed this too. I figured its shipping and handling, cost of boxing etc.

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: well

Post by GIToys » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:24 pm

Actually, it's pertinent in this forum as SmallJoes handles mostly 1/18 figures/items.
BTW, I appreciate the responses...but which onlne retailers would be recommended due to their good customer service?
--Mike Jason, gitoys

Stuff happens, and this sounds like it could have gone a lot worse. Anyway, you are in the wrong forum for this type of thread, especially since we're not even talking about 1:18 items. If the retailers are relegated to the BST forum, our gripes should be too.[/quote]

digger

hhmm..

Post by digger » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:59 pm

What you should do is overcharge them about 40% on shipping as they would you. :lol:

Joking aside I love these guys:
http://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=205

No frills, and don't expect to send a plane back if you don't like the look once it arrives, but they do something no other store does: when your box arrives you will see an amended receipt with the total reduced to reflect ACTUAL shipping. Oh, and they're quick. :shock:

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:43 pm

Digger says: "What you should do is overcharge them about 40% on shipping as they would you." :lol: :lol: I love it!!!!!!!

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: hhmm..

Post by GIToys » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 pm

Good one, Digger! LOL
Thanks also for the tip on Good Stuff To Go.
--Mike Jason, gitoys

digger wrote:What you should do is overcharge them about 40% on shipping as they would you. :lol:

Joking aside I love these guys:
http://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=205

No frills, and don't expect to send a plane back if you don't like the look once it arrives, but they do something no other store does: when your box arrives you will see an amended receipt with the total reduced to reflect ACTUAL shipping. Oh, and they're quick. :shock:

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:17 pm

I will concur with digger and attest to the customer service of the good people from goodstufftogo. The lady is very cordial and genuine. Got all sortas stuff from them. I haven't ordered from them in a few years when I was mad into 1/6th but I'd liken them to the "Nordstrom" of toy companies ;) haha!!! On another note, Michtoy co. had the courtesy to do a "call back" on a stock availability issue.

Peace out yo.

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:32 am

I too would recommend Good Stuff. Where else can you get a brand new Checkertail shipped for $44? That's barely more than I would have paid if I stumbled across it at Walmart. :D

Their prices are decent on the newer stuff, and I have yet to experience any problems with them.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:46 am

i've just received a call from home about a package sfrom SJ

i'll tell you how it is tomorow or this evenig, but i must say they've been pretty quick, less than a week to cross the ocean, most webstores take 2 weeks or so

edit :

just opened my package everything is in perfect condition and the S&H stuff isn't overpriced

btw the sahara figs are crap dman i figure i really needed eastern looking figs :roll:

JamesW
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JamesW » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I've ordered from smalljoes at least 5 times in the past couple years and have been very happy woth the service. I have had only one problem. One item out of a large order didn't get put in the box with the other items. They fixed it right away - at their additional shipping expense.

I've beed very happy with them and continue to use them as a good source.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:41 pm

I have used smalljoes for years and had no problems apart from occassional slow shipping but even then i was kept up to date.