Been away from planes awhile. Need some updating.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Been away from planes awhile. Need some updating.

Post by hotrodrock » Tue May 02, 2006 8:20 am

Lost interest in the 1/18 planes for awhile, have 8, but with all the new planes coming I've got the bug again. But I haven't been keeping up real well on whats been happening.

1. How many different Zeros has BBI already released. I've seen two diff ones on ebay.

2. How many different Corsairs has 21st released. Wasn't a test model sold at only a few Wal-Marts a few years ago.

3. Not an update question, but I remember seeing an OD P-38 hanging as a display several years ago in TRU, believe it was the late 90's. Remember trying to buy it but I think they told me it belonged to 21st. Seems like I saw one on the shelf but can't remember now. Were they on the shelf and if so, were many made.

Thanks for the help.

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue May 02, 2006 9:29 am

Well I think a lot has changed since you have been absent from 1/18. There have been a bunch of corsairs since that first test release. There has been the Bouington, checker nose and now the Bunker Hill. bbi has also released a Corsair done up as the Marines Dream air show bird.
I believe ther are only the two zeros out right now. 21c announced one but bbi came out with theirs first. I believe they have scrapped it but I’m not sure. As for the P-38, they have made a bunch of them since the D-Day version first came out. The Sam Payton, Haleakala-my personal favorite, the shark, and Pudgy V. There may be another one that I forgot. Not sure on that.
I must say this is a great time to be a 1/18 collector. There are lots of new stuff coming out and with Wal Mart selling it the prices are rather good.

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Tue May 02, 2006 12:11 pm

To my knowledge;
1. Two Zeros, one was a Bad Cat exclusive, the other is being re-released after selling out.
2. Six Corsairs; Jolly Roger, British, Korean War, Checker nose, Boyington, and Bunker Hill. C-21 also hade a S-4 version that was never produced. Do not know what the paint scheme was.
3. The hanging display P-38 was the Samantha Payton S-2 release. I actually got a TRU store display but had to get a letter from C-21 saying it was OK to take it. Most TRU took them off display a couple of years ago. Mine was headed to the trash bin and was a little busted up. It's now fixed and in the process of being repainted. There are six versions of the p-38; D-Day invasion (wine women and song with the correct decals), Samantha Payton, Put Put Maru, Haleakala, Louis (shark nose), and Pudgy.
Hope this helps.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Yeah, there are only the two BBI 1:18 Zeros, the White "Pearl Harbor" Zero (A Bad Cat Aviation store exclusive) and the Green Zero. 21c has made about six different Zero schemes, but those are in 1:32 scale.

These are the Corsairs that have been released by 21c: the S1 "Kepford" Corsair, the S2 "Royal Navy" Corsair, the S3 "Korean War" Corsair (that one was also re-released in the Wal Mart test run), the S4 "Checkerboard" Corsair, the S5 "Boyington" Corsair, the S6 "Kepford repaint" and the S7 "Bunker Hill" Corsair. So, 7 repaints in all.

The green P-38 you saw was the "Samantha Peyton" version and this was the second after the S1 "D-Day" version. There have been 5 version thus far.

hope this helps as well!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue May 02, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks. Found a few of them on the 21st site. Found examples of all the P-38s except for the shark nose.

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Tue May 02, 2006 4:02 pm

Shark nose was a QVC exclusive. Pretty hard to find.