XD reviews

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

XD reviews

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm

I am wondering where I can find detailed reviews of 1:18 carded figures. Reviews that list all the different accessories/equipment included with the figure, different variations and the different points of articulation.
I've tried looking on the 21st century site and googling it, but have had no luck. The best I can find is a review of a set as a whole, which basically says the figures are good with removeable gear and great sculpted details on their uniforms. I am looking for something more detailed than that.

If no one knows where I can find detailed reviews of individual figures then maybe we can start here?

I also have a slight visual impairment and have trouble seeing pictures on a computer, so having a review explaining the different poutches and equipment would be very helpful.

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:29 pm

i have never think we have done a real review of each figure

i know that the old 21st had the marines post pic and everything. we did one time review bbi action figure with 21st on gp messeage board but that has been a long time since then and that site is no longer there..who ever did the review can repost it. hope that answer your question.
whats up doc....

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:39 pm

So you are saying I'm SOL if that person who originally posted that review doesn't post it and the place that use to have reviews on the net is gone.

:roll: :)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:24 am

Quite a while ago, there was a discussion about putting together some sort of review section, but I think it faded away.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

good idea, again.

Post by eddie372 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 am

I think it was Tman-the-Great who recently suggested the idea. Perhaps each model could be assigned to a volunteer, who then would be responsible for a through review and picture posting.

I believe it's time for such a project, so lets push it. How about it General?

Eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:51 am

If you guys want to do reviews and post them then go for it. The Reference Room would seem to be a good place to post them.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:58 am

I hope boxed models won't be the only things reviewed and the different carded figs get their place.

digger

figs

Post by digger » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:50 am

Popeye,
I know how you feel - there is very little reference online for the 1:18 figures, from any company outside of Hasbro.. :roll:
When I lose my job I really have to follow through on a picture archive, at least for the various figures and vehicles across all eras and companies.

That said, I have all the WWII figures on the cards so if you have specific questions about one guy or another (or 3), just ask. Here are 2 of my favorites - Mayer, with Dreifuss 34 AA mount; and Wilson, the ultimate 101st AB army builder:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:33 am

How about a Pic guide or thread for each figure?
Someone complete the initial review with photographs like seen above. and then the thread can continue for more comments (pros and cons on each figure.
To make it more simple a thread can be used for each series.

One thread for OMG - one for BOB II etc...

this could promote more traffic through this forum and get more information to the "on the fence buyers"
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:38 am

Well, all that's needed is for people to take the initiative and start writing reviews and posting pictures. As i said, the Reference Room would be the ideal location for posting reviews...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:56 am

Seems like a waste of someones time to do detailed review on a $4.99 figure. That might not be available anymore...

Just a opinion... :D

DH

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:20 pm

All those on the fence buyers who need to catch up on their collections, will not have any reference for buying their very expensive out of production toys other than here. My brother thought the first set of airborne figs were dolls with removible clothes when he saw their pics on the 21st century toys website.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:02 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:Seems like a waste of someones time to do detailed review on a $4.99 figure. That might not be available anymore...

Just a opinion... :D

DH
the review would help someone who is trying to find these on ebay or trade in the forum.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.