Bruder Agricultural and Construciton vehicles

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Bruder Agricultural and Construciton vehicles

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:28 am

just a heads up. While the official scale of Bruder vehicles is 1/16, many if not all the larger ones are a bit smaller than that. I just got the Volvo A60H mining dump truck and it is almost exactly 1/18. Years ago I got their big Cat Bulldozer, which is a D9 and it is pretty much 1/20 scale, slightly under about 1/19.7.

I checked out a couple of other large vehicles in store, and from my rough measurements, they seem to be a bit under scale as well, and thus closer to 1/18.

The smaller vehicles and figures are for sure 1/16 but the larger ones are probably all under scale to a degree and thus could work well with 1/18. And Bruder makes some pretty neat stuff.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Bruder Agricultural and Construciton vehicles

Post by aferguson » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:49 pm

since there's been so much interest in this topic, lol, I figured i'd update it with my findings. Most all of the large Bruder vehicles are about 1/16.8 scale. The really large Volvo truck I mentioned above is 1/18.4 scale and the smaller Bruder vehicles are 1/16. Bruder has made a variety of figures for their vehicles and they are all 4.2 inches high......1/17 scale. This is similar to what 21st Century did with the first series of aircraft and vehicles they made back in 2000. They made the pilots and tank commanders to a bit smaller scale so they would fit better in the vehicles.

I have placed 1/18 figures around and in some of the larger Bruder vehicles and find they look fine and go very well, despite the vehicles being a bit larger than 1/18. This is probably because most of the '1/18 action figures have overly large heads, long arms etc, which makes them closer to 1/17 scale in appearance, if not in actual overall height.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

zodiacflash
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Bruder Agricultural and Construciton vehicles

Post by zodiacflash » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:23 pm

Yeah I've been looking at getting either the Mack or Scania fire trucks, and a crane truck for a while now. The vehicles with opening doors or that are labeled "bworld" on their site will accommodate figures. Those toys are tough and at the same time pretty well detailed. It doesn't matter to me if they are slightly larger than 1:18. They're frickin trucks. They're supposed to be big!
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt