How does the Power Team Little Bird compare to BBI's?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

How does the Power Team Little Bird compare to BBI's?

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:18 am

how does the Power Team Elite Little Bird helicopter compare to BBI's in size, accuracy and quality?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: How does the Power Team Little Bird compare to BBI's?

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:25 am

I have both and can get some pics later today of the two side by side, but both are quite different.

The PTE Littlebird is much more toyish (thicker/more rugged landing skids, rotors, etc) and the details are generally simpler. It’s shape is also off, with the tail boom being somewhat shorter and the tail and rotor being a bit small. It’s still not a bad toy and goes great with GI Joe. The PTE Littlebird also had the mini guns and ammo belts detailed in addition to the rocket pods (those are oversized and a inaccurate). With minimal work, the PTE mini guns can be mounted to the stub wing/boom that holds the rocket pods on BBI Littlebird.

The BBI model is correctly scaled and has an accurate shape. The tooling/details are much crisper and less toyish. Details are significantly better than the PTE model. The BBI Littlebird is obviously more fragile overall, but still robust (I’ve had a couple for nearly 2 decades with no issues or breakages).

If you want a realistic 1/18 scale Littlebird, go with the BBI model; if you’re less concerned with overall realism, the PTE model/toy is a solid choice.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: How does the Power Team Little Bird compare to BBI's?

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:50 am

thanks Tman. Sounds like the BBI doesn't come with mini guns, which is surprising. I figured the BBI would be the better model, but they go for a bundle now and was hoping the PTE might make a suitable alternative.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...