1:18 Kubelwagen

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by donnieboy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:34 pm

Now that 21st Century and BBI are cranking out the armour, some of you folks might be thinking about filling the gaps in your collections. Y'all may or may not know that 21st Century produced a 1:18 scale Kubelwagen a while back. It came and went like a thief in the night, but Solido now makes a very nice diecast 1:18 Kubelwagen. It lacks the machine gun of the 21 C version, and is quite expensive (about $90.00), but at least it's available. It's a very nice piece. Try the Motor Pool in Glen Cove, New Yawk (www.themotorpool.bigstep.com).
Happy Hunting! :)
Go Starbuck!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:00 pm

why is it so expensive? Solidos other diecast cars are nowhere near that expensive.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:56 pm

G'day Guys

Sure that's not the Minichamps 1/18 Kubelwagen that retails between $110 - $120 AU ($85 - $95 US).

Did a quick net-search with nill results, could you please post a link.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:17 pm

21st Kubelwagons still show up quite often on ebay. There are usually one or two (sometimes more) from different sellers, in boxed or unboxed condition. They seem to not go for more than $30, which is a deal compared to the minichamps and solido ones described above. Thats how I got a hold of the one I own. Sometimes the 1st series XD jeep is a little harder to find.

The 21st Kubelwagon is a nice vehicle, with the swiveling machine gun, opening engine, opening side doors, flipping windshield and removable shovel. The figure that came with it was undersized (as with all 1st series drivers & pilots). You can fit two 1st series XD German figures in the driver and front passenger seat, but its a tight squeeze. Troops don't fit in the backseat in a normal sitting position (which stinks), though one can sit there by sitting lengthwise along the seat. This would be an awesome vehicle for 21st to remake (afterall, they redid the origional Jeep)!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:59 am

I only found the Minichamps one. Here is the link:
http://www.themotorpool.bigstep.com/ite ... ID=1338270
Looks great, but at $60 and shipping it is high priced personnal troop carrier. Plus it is the only other Kubel that I know of in 1/18th, besides the 21st C's.
momaw nadon

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:41 am

If 21C is listening, how about a Kubelwagon rerelease? I passed that up before. I definitely would pick it up this time. Has anyone bought the RC 1/16 one and have a review?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:45 am

was a time they were planning a repaint of it in Afrika Korps colours and with a DAK driver. Whatever became of it?

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:39 pm

Didnt they show one with the top on also next to the DAK it was on a UK website and if I remember right there was a motorcycle also.
Kurt

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Solidos

Post by corpbob » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:31 am

aferguson wrote:why is it so expensive? Solidos other diecast cars are nowhere near that expensive.
Unless you catch a good deal on one, Solido can be fairly expensive. I started collecting their 1/43 scale military vehicles a few years back (before 21st and FOV got crankiing) a the normal price for much of it was $20-$25.

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by donnieboy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:21 pm

A Ferguson:
I don't know why the Solido Kubelwagen is so expensive vis-a-vis the 21 C version but I suspect it's because the former is made in Europe (at least I think it is), where labor costs are much higher. As I'm sure you know, 21 C and BBI products are made in China. I'm positive, however, that the Kubelwagen I'm discussing is made by Solido. Check with Mark at the Motor Pool(www.themotorpool.bigstep.com). Incidentally, I'm not shilling for the Motor Pool-I just think that they, like Bad Cat Aviation, are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the diecast dealer world.
Go Starbuck!

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

1:18 KUBELWAGEN

Post by donnieboy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:32 pm

:oops: MY BAD! I went to The Motor Pool website and you guys are right. The 1:18 Kubelwagen I was thinking of was the Minichamps version. Guess I confused it with the 1:18 covered Jeep made by Solido. Maybe they dropped the price on the Kubelwagen 'cause I could swear I paid $90 for it, but I may be wrong on that count also. Sorry for the bad intel guys-guess I was having a senior moment. :?
Bottom line though, it's a very nice Kubelwagen, if you don't feel like hunting for the 21 C version on Evil-Bay!
Go Starbuck!