JSI Airborne XD reissues

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

JSI Airborne XD reissues

Post by nooker21 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:21 pm

Does anyone know when these came out? Stumbled upon them in an eBay listing, but don't remember anyone talking about them. Don't think the paint jobs look very good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194900791805?h ... SwrHNh-rhJ

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: JSI Airborne XD reissues

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:40 pm

nooker21 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:21 pm
Does anyone know when these came out? Stumbled upon them in an eBay listing, but don't remember anyone talking about them. Don't think the paint jobs look very good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194900791805?h ... SwrHNh-rhJ
Nooker21, those JSI figures came out over a decade ago, circa 2009-2010. They were released along with JSI copies of the first series XD German figures (the ones released in 2000 with the more archaic articulation).

I agree that the original 21st figures had better paint apps than the JSI copies. I never got any of the JSI figures, save the German tanker, but they based that figure on the original small figure that came with the first series Panther tank and the uniform was a royal blue color…
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:17 pm

I had forgotten about these, I never ordered any but I do remember that blue tanker.
Boy what was up with that? When I did a search that 2009, '10 year were the first dates I came across.

Tman you should do a history of 21st century toys, XD and 32X. I still run into folks that never knew
either scale line ever existed. :roll:
Hey nooker good to hear from you.

YT

Post by YT » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:35 pm

I can’t believe this was 10 years ago already…
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:13 am

Or 13 years! :shock: I am still looking for an airborne Prvt Wilson original issue that's a reasonable price, should have gotten one years ago but just was focusing too much on the 12" figures and now I'm paring down that collection since I don't have the space, hence the interest in a few of the smaller ones for now...

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

And that Blue Tanker looks like Chase from Paw Patrol...

Post by c44 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:43 pm

I always wondered why JSI chose the American Paras as the first to be re-released---they had only been recently introduced by 21CT and were all over the place (and weren't the American Airborne amongst the XD figs dumped at bargain prices at Kay Bee stores before they too went belly up?...can't quite remember, though the Imperial Marines were definitely part of that flood of figures)...

...at that time the Fallschirmjager were for some reason hard to come by, and JSI could have made a quick bundle by putting them out...of course, JSI might have acquired a supply of already produced American Airborne figures ready to be packaged...or maybe they just were out of touch with what had been going on with 21CT...

...and nooker21, I wonder what kind of price you're thinking of, I see the XD paras on sale on ebay all the time, sometimes ludicrously priced but more often between $20-30 or even lower if patient...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic, but I keep trying to get one under $20 shipped, but the few that pop up keep rejecting my counteroffers. I'm patient, one will pop up one day. I was having troubles with this site months back and wasn't able to send private messages, so I probably lost out on some opportunities as well. Like I said, I should have just grabbed one off a Toys R Us rack 20 years ago! Oh well...