It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I thought some might fine this interesting, schrol down to the 109e

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I thought some might fine this interesting, schrol down to the 109e

Post by chunks » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I thought some might fine this interesting, schrol down to the 109e

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:37 am

Good to see you around, chunks!

And interesting on a kit version of the BF-109E soon to be available from Hobby Boss. That’s one of the original 1/18 aircraft toolings and I imagine some builders will do some good work with that kit… I’ve got several of those ‘109s already, including the JSI “Galland” update, so don’t need the kit… Still, neat to see.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I thought some might fine this interesting, schrol down to the 109e

Post by chunks » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 am

I still lurk some, just haven't had much to add.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:14 am

Nice to hear from you Chunks.
Good to see the 109 again and in kit form, good opportunity
for folks to pick up a 21st and paint it in a scheme of their choice.
Thanks for that heads up Chunks!

Would like to see some 21st Panzers in kit form... :)
Last edited by normandy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:47 am

Hey Chunks !
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:31 pm

I stumbled on one of these kits a few weeks ago on Ebay. I didn't realize it was a new release, otherwise I would have reported it here. I didn't pay much attention to the listing , so I don't know if the seller had it for pre-order or if the kits were in hand. IIRC it was a HK based seller.

I hope we see other 21st toolings released as kits....love a Spit or Avenger.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake

Post by snake » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Interesting that a major kit manufacturer would do a 1/18 aircraft.

Not a scale that I have seen in kits before, but I haven't been keeping up on that side of things.

Perhaps this is a case where 21 Century, BBI, and JSI have created a niche scale, and with a lack of any new releases, HobbyBoss are trying to test the market with a safe release in this scale. I think it is a very bold move, albeit apparently using the 21 Century molds.

While I wish them success, not sure how this kit will actually do. Think the broad appeal of 1/18 was that they were pre assembled, big and cheap. Got people involved that had no interest or background in model building. Really was something completely different to the kit building norms, and being sold at WalMart gave them extra exposure.

Being in kit form basically removes most of the non modellers, which I think would be the majority of 1/18 purchases.

While I am very happy to see a 1/18 kit, it still needs to be assembled ,painted etc. The big appeal of diecast in all scales is that it is already done, and all you have to do is put it on display.

But ANY 1/18 releases are good news, and hopefully this Me 109 meets HobbyBoss' expectations, and we see some more releases.