Marauder Gun Runners - Marauder Task Force Vietnam War 1/18 Scale Figure Kickstarter

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Marauder Gun Runners - Marauder Task Force Vietnam War 1/18 Scale Figure Kickstarter

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:47 am

For anyone that still browses the SSHQ forum, Marauder Gun Runners just opened a Kickstarter campaign for their new Marauder Task Force Vietnam War 1/18 figure line. The core 4-figure set consists of a US Army Rifleman, US Army Grenadier, Viet-Cong Soldier and Viet-Cong RPG Soldier. There are different figures that can be unlocked as more pledges are received. The Kickstarter opened yesterday and has raised $128,000 so far (their original goal was $64K).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... on-figures

It’s been 20 years since 21st Century Toys released their first 1/18 scale Vietnam War line and about 14-15 years since the 21st 1/18 Platoon movie figures, so high time to be getting something new 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: Marauder Gun Runners - Marauder Task Force Vietnam War 1/18 Scale Figure Kickstarter

Post by YT » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:50 pm

I just came here to post this! I saw their stuff this past weekend at Joefest, it’s amazing!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

GIJosef
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Marauder Gun Runners - Marauder Task Force Vietnam War 1/18 Scale Figure Kickstarter

Post by GIJosef » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:09 pm

I backed them for one figure with the thought of adding a few more of what I like in the bonus unlocked figures. I really need a 716th MP detachment to take back Saigon from the tet crowd😉

Francisco.1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Francisco.1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Went for the German Paras...hope they produce these figures in the future with splinter or green smocks. Love thier figure line!

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

I´ve heard German Paras are a GO for next year :D :D :D
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

YT

Post by YT » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:18 pm

Just a reminder this Kickstarter ends this weekend. Tons of great figures have unlocked, I ended up getting one of the army builder packages. I can finally crew my 1/18 Hueys and patrol boat!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:46 am

This MTF Vietnam War Kickstarter campaign has done amazingly well! As of yesterday it was at $361,000 (original goal of $64,000) and has unlocked 19 stretch-goal figures over the original four planned. The most recent unlocked figure is a USAF Fighter Pilot and it looks like there’s an MP with dog, dual pilot set, and a mortar man coming…

I increased my pledge level to the one of each category. While I’ve got a bunch of the original and Platoon series Vietnam figures from 21st (enough to crew my Hueys, PBR, armor, and keeps) there are just too many useful figures planned for the MTF line to ignore! The helicopter crew and jet pilot figures are musts for sure

Here’s a link to the Kickstarter for any last-minute backers:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... on-figures

YT

Post by YT » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:24 am

I’m bummed to see the delivery date pushed back to 2023 but I certainly understand it’s become a huge undertaking with all the unlocks.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:26 pm

I know what you mean with the delay, YT, but I can wait… It’s a really awesome set of figures and I’m surprised to see there was such pent up desire for Vietnam War era figures!

YT

Post by YT » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 pm

23 extra figures now unlocked with some bonuses! Marine Snipers, Morter men and CIA spooks!