Do we really want new WWII figures?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
GIJosef
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Do we really want new WWII figures?

Post by GIJosef » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:02 pm

I’m still waiting for a good British para in the camouflage smock so I can have my Colonel Roy Urquhart custom. I have a custom painted 007 Sean Connery head from Spartan 118. A Richard Todd head sculpt would be cool too.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by digger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 am

I pre-ordered both sets of the new 1:18 scale Germans and it worked out to about $14 per figure. Same price as an Ewok from Hasbro so really not too bad. I will report back when they arrive.

Crimson Pilot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Crimson Pilot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm

It is good since it can create new buzz in the scale and the 1/18 lines. Many new 1/18 lines have become stable over these last years. It can provide needed supplement to stagnant armies missing enough to complete them. The price is not all that bad compared to buying 2st Century online nowadays. Anything that gives new life to 1/18 and especially ww2 themed ones can only help in the long run. The better they do, the more that will likely come of it for all of us to benefit from. Figures sell well then a vehicle or playset may pop up one day. The big dogs are gone but the small ones are picking up on their trail. They know the gap and how long it has been. The output of these new figures seems promising to stay around for a bit at least.
Hogan barging in on Klink and Burkhalter:"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"
Burkhalter:"Of course you are. I've never seen you when you are not interrupting."