Hitler custom??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hitler custom??

Post by Fitzystigertank » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:26 am

I saw a pic of a S1 German Officer customized to look like Hitler. I've searched this board and can't find it. Does anyone know where i can find it. thanks

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:02 pm

could imagina the backlash if 21st ever made a Hitler figure :roll:
everybody and there Momma would be up in Arms about how they are offended... Pleaseee get over it, hes one of the most historicla figures of WW2 and is forever burned into history, not only that but a master and brillant general, only shadowed by his madness to blame the Jews for everything..

sorry little off topic, but i felt to Rant,

id like to see this custom
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:27 pm

Jolly Roger,

I have to agree with you on all counts except the brilliant general part. History has shown he was about as inept a general as you can get. One of his biggest problems was that he had no military sense and didn't listen to his generals. If he had, he may have had a chance of winning. As it was, it was his military decisions that cost him the war.

I also agree about producing a fugure. When are we going to drop all this bs political correctness and recognize things for what they are, History. I hate how on places like ebay, someone selling a historically correct model has to neuter it and cover up swastika symbols because it might be "offensive" to someone.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:04 pm

ok not brillant, but he only made one mistake... great as it maybe, most wars have many mistakes... so he gets credit for that, its just too bad the holocaust over shadows all the other importances of understanding the Germans tatics..

oh well... some day

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:46 pm

Fitzystigertank, Is this what you are looking for?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/393 ... 2626JfTIIe
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 pm

Uh...brilliant? German generals like Manstein, Hausser, Guderian, Rommel, etc may be brilliant military commanders...but Hitler? What brilliant tactics did he developed? How? By, by pointing to a map and say, invade that!

Some of Hitler's brilliant strategy:

Stop at the Dunkirk and let the Allies escape. Brilliant!
Capture Kiev instead of going straight to Moscow before winter arrives. Brilliant!
Take Stalingrad, then try to defend it to the last man. Brilliant!
Postpone attack on Kursk, and give the Soviets time to bolster the defenses. Brilliant!
Hold the panzers in reserves, so they are unable to quickly counter the Allied invasion in Normandy. Brilliant!

These are a few that Hitler directly had a hand in. I'm sure I'm missing some, and the whole retreat from the Eastern Front is nothing but Hitler's marvelous defensive works.

Yeah too bad that a simple thing like the holocaust overshadowed great German military tactics. Man, when will people get over that tiny little thing? Geez!

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:25 am

man im glad im just a toy collector and not here to fight about hitlers positives and negatives.
i personally want a figure of every evil depraved character in history as well as every brave great hero.
some people like myself just want a hitler figure, we dont want to build an alter to worship it or try to raise the 3rd reich we just want a stupid figure why do people get so mad about it?

i myself am attempting to customize 1 now im just having a problem finding a torso that works and finding a color picture of the uniform i have to paint it right.

as far as the link above, its pretty good i recently seen a custom on ebay that i believe was different than that one but they both had the same problem, glossy looking paint.
if someone can make one that nice and go through the trouble then why cant they get flat paint or flat clearcoat?

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Nobody is here to fight....

Post by digger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:40 am

We are all collectors, but I think Googly made some indisputable points that as 'collectors of history' we should recognize. With that in mind, I think Rommel would be more suited for our collection than Hitler himself.

Either way, I rather have ONE WWII British troop than any general throughout all of history. With just one regular Brit I could make an Army that my collection so desperately needs. How many Hitlers could I use? Not even getting into why nobody would ever make him, he is just not a practical figure - hell, I'd buy a Churchill but that doesn't mean they should make one.

As for the paint you are exactly right - those custom figures look absurd with that glossy coat. You could see your reflection in that Hitler and the worst might have been the custom pilot "Blonde something" who was so shiny he hurt your eyes. :? Hey, the stuff sells. :roll:

While we're pointing out "curious" customs, anyone else notice that $24 diecast cars are being "customized" with a 1/24 iron cross on the door and selling for 3x that? :|

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:13 am

as far as the iron cross goes, i work at wal mart and we get all this monster garage jesse james type stuff in and it will have the iron cross and other things and people seem to love it, people customizing must be cashing in on that somehow.
alot of goth rock bands through the years have used the ss style skull and crossbones symbol.
and thats how i feel about things, i think it looks cool, i think german uniforms look cool, and thats all there is to it.
its nothing to do with nazi worship.

i agree we know no hitler figure will be made which is why im customizng my own.
and i dont even necessarily care that no one will make one, what bugs me is the instant stigma that gets put on the idea of it, and people seeming as though they are upset at someone else for wanting it.
you know what? i dont even know who wittmann or joachim piper are, i just know the dragon 1:18 figures of them were really nice looking so i got them.
i would love to see any good looking german officer type with a nice uniform made be it hitler or rommel or whoever.

likewise i would love to see ww1 and civil war and american revolution and any other figures made, other than modern i just dont think modern soldier gear looks cool at all.

digger

Post by digger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:29 am

likewise i would love to see ww1 and civil war and american revolution and any other figures made, other than modern i just dont think modern soldier gear looks cool at all.
It is interesting you say that because people say the same thing about modern AC. I couldn't say the same thing about armor though - the thought of a 1:18 scale AAV7 is scary. :o

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:56 am

well i cant claim to know too much about modern aircraft or armor, and besides im mostly a figure collector, but i have to say the planes and tanks i know of that i do like again are usually ww2 era.
but i guess im tha same with normal vehicles as well, people today are so into escaldes and hummers and such but to me they look like big boring boxes, i like cars from the 30s to 50s, i like the curves and fins.
i dont know why i prefer older military i just do.

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:42 am

Newwavepop I agree with you. I like the WWII and Korea stuff better and I just got out of the military. I also like the German stuff a lot better and I am no Nazi, but I love my Tiger tank. I think people (toy makers) would think it would perverse for little kids to be playing with little Hitler action figures. This topic sounds like a good candidate for a South Park episode.
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

digger

tastes

Post by digger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:54 am

Oh, I think most people prefer the older stuff. Heck, even our troops camo is computer generated these days, so I'm not surprised people find it less interesting. I'm sure model sales reveal preference for WWII, and I'm sure all scales favor the German stuff.

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nobody is here to fight....

Post by thehun » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 am

digger wrote:We are all collectors, but I think Googly made some indisputable points that as 'collectors of history' we should recognize. With that in mind, I think Rommel would be more suited for our collection than Hitler himself.

Either way, I rather have ONE WWII British troop than any general throughout all of history. With just one regular Brit I could make an Army that my collection so desperately needs. How many Hitlers could I use? Not even getting into why nobody would ever make him, he is just not a practical figure - hell, I'd buy a Churchill but that doesn't mean they should make one.

As for the paint you are exactly right - those custom figures look absurd with that glossy coat. You could see your reflection in that Hitler and the worst might have been the custom pilot "Blonde something" who was so shiny he hurt your eyes. :? Hey, the stuff sells. :roll:

While we're pointing out "curious" customs, anyone else notice that $24 diecast cars are being "customized" with a 1/24 iron cross on the door and selling for 3x that? :|
Ge- digger the (blond something) that hurt your eyes is the Blond Knight the highest scoring ace to ever walk the face of the earth, anyone who knows anything about Aviation history knows this :shock: I used a clear coat that made him stand out a little more than i expected, i really didn't like the way he turned out :evil: but i was not going to repaint him, same goes with the Hitler figure, He really sucked so bad that i built a complete new figure for the winning bidder on e-bay, I'm always experimenting with painting technics, About the Die-cast cars, i have built and sold a few of these, Mine are (Customized), the ones i sell the interior is re-done so it's Driver and passenger Friendly ( nothing i hate worse is a vehicle that the driver won't fit) I also use Fender Pennants like original german staff cars, These other cars with "decals"on e-bay give customizers a bad name, we all know it doesn’t take a lot to take a car out of the box ---put decals on it---- Then sell it as a customized staff car, I'm sure a lot of winning bidder's are disappointed once they see what they paid big money for, But anyway i'm sorry about the Eye's :lol: I'll tone the gloss down.
thehun
AkA
(gijoewoofer)

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nobody is here to fight....

Post by thehun » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:08 am

digger wrote:We are all collectors, but I think Googly made some indisputable points that as 'collectors of history' we should recognize. With that in mind, I think Rommel would be more suited for our collection than Hitler himself.

Digger,
I almost forgot to tell you that we are working on 1/18 WW-2 British, Russian, and WW-1 germans, I'll let you know when we the prototypes Ready.
thehun
AkA
(gijoewoofer)

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:24 am

If you want to go 1/6 scale you can get a Hitler figure here.

Disclaimer: There is a lot of Nazi propaganda B.S. :shock: on this site. You have been warned!

http://www.pzg.biz/figure_hitler.htm
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:31 am

:shock: Creepy... :shock:
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

Rama
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rama » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:20 pm

I've been lurking for awhile, but I finally decided to post after reading this thread, and I wanted to give my two cents.

You know I understand why people might be gun shy of the Swastika, but I hate how it's been singled out as the "No-No" flag. I mean Stalin IMHO was twice as bad as Hitler. He killed more people, he had a longer reign of terror, and he was Anti-Semitic just like Hitler. Yet..if I marketed a Toy with a giant Soviet Flag on it no one even lifts an eyebrow. It's kind of a double standard.

digger

Post by digger » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Digger,
I almost forgot to tell you that we are working on 1/18 WW-2 British, Russian, and WW-1 germans, I'll let you know when we the prototypes Ready.
thehun
AkA
(gijoewoofer)
Very cool. :D I can't wait to see the Brits.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:32 pm

that site gave me goosebumps... but they do have some cool Flags for display...

the Marines and Airborne look sweet.