Help finding new BBI figure

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sdup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Help finding new BBI figure

Post by Sdup » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:37 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has found this figure. I am not sure if I missed it or if it hasn't come out yet. Its the new BBI Army Desert Ops with the automatic grenade launcher mounted on a tripod :
http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/eForce/4 ... /21287.htm

Thanks guys, and thanks P51 for setting up this new board!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:52 pm

yeah i'd like that one too....i want to mount it on my light strike vehicle..

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Amazon

Post by digger » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:53 pm

You can order it amazon.com
Sadly they sell bbi figures for $8 plus tax & shipping which pretty much means a ten dollar figure. Absolute BS. I will not forgive bbi for the distribution of these figures. There is really only one place to get them as tru's cannot be relied upon - and that one place charges $10 a figure. If worse language were allowed on this forum I would direct some at bbi, and a little at amazon but you can't blame them, they have a monopoly!!!

immeww2

Help Finding New BBI Figure

Post by immeww2 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:09 pm

I thought I saw some of these guys at my local TRU. I'll be swinging by there tomorrow. I'll check and post back here if I find any.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:07 am

I too seem to recall these being out and about here, so I'll try finding the guy wth the tri-pod grenade launcher.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:55 am

I haven't seen any of the "beret" figures in the store, and I'd really like to find some for customs, too. Weren't these supposed to have the new arm articulation?

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bravo_26 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:33 pm

Yes, these ARE IN stores. I picked up a couple of these a while back, here in Portland.

digger

yes

Post by digger » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:37 pm

They are/were at various trus but with spotty distribution. They DO NOT have the new arm articulation, fyi.

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:09 pm

Hey Ferg,
I had the same light strike vehicle/MK-19 idea. This is only a work in progress photo, I still need to cast the ammo and fuel cans for it, as well as a few other details I have planned. I could not fit the ammo can for the MK-19 on the buggy without raising the mount to the point of stupidity, so I just cut the ammo out of the can.
I would love to get an linked ammo belt feeder for the M2 (50cal) and mount a large ammo can on the side of the vehicle. I may have to steal one off the new Kiowa...
I was thinking I would like to repaint it, but when I took the screws out of the bottom it would not come apart. Is it glued? Has anyone taken it apart?

An inspiration photo:
Last edited by don on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:49 pm

Hey that looks great. I plan to put my grenade launcher where you have your SAW...like in the photo you posted.

Where did you get the spare tires? I've seen pics of vehicles with special sand tires for spares that have a very peculiar tread. I've never been able to find anything even close. I'd settle for regular looking tires as spares. What are you using?

Cant help you on the 'glued' question as i havent tried to take mine apart.

Now i REALLY want to get my hands on one of those grenade launchers...

:twisted:

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

I found a couple of these buggys on clearance at TRU. At half price they were only 7(ish) bucks. I figured 7 bucks isn't bad for a figure, a few loose weapons, including an M240, an M2, a couple AT4s. The real prize though were the spare tires I had been wanting.

Clutch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Not at Amazon any more??

Post by Clutch » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:23 am

I can't find the new figures on Amazon any more. I had checked once and they were sold out of most the new beret figures and now I can't find them at all.

digger

Hhmmm..

Post by digger » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:48 am

Seems you guys are right - amazon must have sold out the grenadier. They still have some of the new guys but they also have XD figures in stock. They have some nerve asking 9 bucks a figure plus their "tax" and shipping - that is seriously like a $12 figure in 1:18 scale.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:01 pm

I managed to find one of the Army Desert Ops figures with the grenade launcher. There were also several other different Army Desert Ops figures there as well. Let me know if you still need them and I will try and pick one up for you.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:06 pm

i'd like to get a figure with grenade launcher if you find a spare one.

:)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:41 am

There was only one left. I'm going there today and will check to see if it's still there. I'll post back if I manage to get it.

immeww2

Help Looking For New BBI Figure

Post by immeww2 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:31 pm

Amidst all the madness of the post Thanksgiving day sale-a-thon, the lone Desert Ops grenade launch soldier was still there. If anyone is still interested in getting it please e-mail. [email protected]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:45 pm

Went to my TRU a couple of days ago, they had in the new beret figures, for the second time, pilots, grenade launcher, and all. I couldn't resist the grenade launcher figure - its a pretty cool accessory! This piece is also in one of the new accessory packs that are out and about at TRUs.