If you could have what you needed.........

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

If you could have what you needed.........

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Hey all,

I don`t cast so i`m not offering my services (sorry wish i could cast).
Just thinking though,what would we want if we had our own way for parts to be more available.

Be they Joe,BBI,XD,etc. Be they heads,body parts,weapons,acc`s.

Just truely curious how many stick purely within the Joe confines & how many do actually use the bigger selection out there for 1/18th customizers.

Cheer`s :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by digger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:30 am

SB, I think I know what you're asking - Personally head sculpts & helmets are always up there for me in terms of needs:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/254 ... 6633thNcxf#

but hopefully with a case or two of the new BoB guys I could take care of that.

I also love the bandolier that came with the Dragon paras and it is the perfect compliment to my bbi para who is woefully undersupplied with m1 ammunition:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/254 ... 6633BXNgeU#

I see that too will be in with one of the new BoB figures (that guy isn't going to sit on the pegs I'm sure).

After heads and gear, I would love to have more straps on the weapons. Whenever I look at reference pics and ask myself why my little toys don't look like the guys in the photo that always stands out to me - guys have weapons over their shoulders or slung across the chest. I have yet to arrive at a sturdy, easy and consistent answer to this problem.

As for going outside the realm of military toys to get the 'extras,' I'm all for it. I often forget to recon doll house stuff at the $ store, but in the end some of the furniture and stuff is great

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:56 am

Hey Digger,

Must admit mate head sculpts are one of mine i`d love to see more of too.

I`ve posted this question on a few sites as i want to do a couple of things.

A, Generate a WANTS list if you will.

B, Maybe one of the casters out there will actually pick this up & do what we all want.

C, Maybe Branded companies will see acc`s/weapons on carded sets are a GREAT thing & we need more.

D, For the fun of it.

I`ll post my wants in the next few days. I want moreso to see what everyone else wants :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:21 pm

Good topic, since I've been trying to get to a casting shop here in town to start making some of my own castings. Here is what I want to do

- Helmets - I have a bunch of the GI Joe CGs, and I hate the helmets they come with. I've found the dragon helmets work really well on those figures. So, I need to cast about 30 of those helmets. In general, I would like to see more Vietnam-era and modern era helmets to put on custom soldiers.

-Heads - would love to see 21C or BBi just put out a single body, but give you the option of 8-10 heads. Also, give me heads of other ethnicities. The US isn't the only country with a military.

-Bombs - I love bombs and missiles. Would like to be able to adjust the payload on my warplanes. Right now, I have some very nice models of an GBU and a German X-4 missile. I'm hoping to make a bunch of copies since the originals are delicate, and as for the X-4 I need a bunch to do a custom Luft '46 anit-bomber FW-190.

Weapons would be a possibility, but I really like what Marauder is doing. I've stocked up on AK-47s, and am waiting for the RPGs in March. Other than that, can't think of weapons I want en masse.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 pm

I think 21st should do what Verlinden ( maker of resin 120mm / 1/16th figures and kits) did, offer sets of heads 4or5 different head sculpts. They have sets of hands, extra equipment, guns.... you get the :idea:
Maybe this is something TKO could talk over with the folks at 21st. 8)

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

hummm

Post by eddie372 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 am

Great thread SB. Personally, I'd love to have many tools: Hammers, screwdrivers, drills, boroscopes, even a metal press!
I always wanted to do a diorama of a WW-II airplane hangar, with mechanics working on many parts of the airplane: flaps, engine and landing gears, etc. Which of course would require a WW-II style hangar with lights and all.
Just fantisizing here Sir.

eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:23 pm

I would like for bbi to make a missle and bomb set for the F18 and the F16. I think it would have been nice to be able to change the ordances on your plane for those special missions. :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:34 pm

Aviatornut.com wrote:I would like for bbi to make a missle and bomb set for the F18 and the F16. I think it would have been nice to be able to change the ordances on your plane for those special missions. :D
Thats a good idea. Right now they are equipped for both bombing and air-to-air missions, but having the option for one or the other would be cool. years ago, there was a series of toy jets made by Hasbro, called Flying Fighters. These attached to a control stick that made realistic sounds and replicated aircraft from actual squadrons. Each plane came with a variety of bombs and missiles so one could have variable armaments on a plane, which was great!

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Dragon offers for their 1/72 scale diecast a large selection of weapons for the modern jets. i think it would have been nice if bbi did the same thing. i would have paid $15 for a cool weapon set.

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:25 pm

more variety in weapons, no one makes a basic modern m16, always its the spec ops types with scopes and 203s, or sub mgs, would like to see more basic modern troops, and of course i will be always holding my breathe for a 1:18 PBR, but i think thats a little bigger than what you were refering to in the topic, but one can dream cant he
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:24 am

1:18 size
PT 109
or landing craft for D-day

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:29 am

I saw a 1:32 scale model kit of PT-109 the other day - the box was big!

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:00 am

well for one thing i see alot of really nice body sculpts on the tamiya and other companies 1/16 scale figures.
i wish they could make them in 1/18 so it would fit all my other figures.

the thing is there tank driver figures are 1:18 but the have no legs and they come with like $300 or $500 tanks!!!!
i wish i could just get those figures seperate and include legs.

and of course extra heads are always nice, its seems to me though that alot of the bbi heads in the new sets look similar, nd alot of the 21c heads look similar.
they can spread the age and build out a little.