New Dodge release?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

New Dodge release?

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Well, do we have a new release and it's a vehicle? or don't we??

Reported as a WC-51 Dodge 3/4 ton Cargo Truck in 1/18.

Sounds too good to be true for a couple of reasons:

1 - The WC-51 is the Dodge without a winch. If 21C was going to bring one out it would most likely be a WC-52 with winch (to match the WC-63 and the WC-57), both winch trucks even if they are not made from the same molds.

2 - If this is true, how come it has been completely off our radar?

What's next, a King Tiger, or B-25, straight from left field when nobody is expecting it?

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 pm

Too funny! I saw this as a prototype at 21st HQ on my last visit. But that was a few months ago and it looked too far from any final production. Cool! I was hoping it would come out... Just goes to show that 21st always has more tricks up the sleeve! :lol:

Now I just need my WM to stock them!!!

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:41 am

the Walmart here in Phx, AZ has the Dodge .. along with a Desert Cammo Hummvee with the rear bed opened, with two gas cans

kinda cool... wierd price point tho.. 22.97

why not just 19.99 :roll:

they both rock, ill be going back for them tomorrow,
also.. they had the M41 in a Dark Green color scheme, dont know if that is new, but its new to me... and the Sherman in dark Green and Tan camo scheme.. both news to me
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:30 am

the Walmart here in Phx, AZ has the Dodge .. along with a Desert Cammo Hummvee with the rear bed opened, with two gas cans

NICE :D New Humvees for me 8)
New humvee have 2 figures like the last?
I don't mind $23 because it allows them some flexibility with the item (Sherman and CC at same price point) but no fig with the Beep is odd. :?
Just throw someone in there - the 63 is bigger and comes with a figure, makes you wonder... :roll:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:49 am

WOW. I do love Dodges. Great link Centone put up.

Besides the WC-51 or WC-52 - I'll take multiples of either.

A great custom idea is to turn the truck into a WC-55 with the 37mm anti-tank gun. All we have to find is a 1/18 37mm gun :)

A simple custom is to turn it into the WC-64. The WC-64 was an ambulance with straight box lines. The truck was known as the WC-64 KD. The KD was for "knock down". The roof was capable to be lowered to reduce shipping height. Kind of like some modern RV's, but as a custom we don't have to get picky. :P

The other 3/4 ton trucks had different bodies, like the WC-54 Ambulance and my personal favorite, the WC-53 Carryall. The truck was the same but the body was different. They all carried the T-214 designation and used the same engine and running gear.

That brings to mind a final point: Is this new truck based on the Command Car tooling or the 1 1/2 ton truck tooling?

We all know the 21C Command Car is just a surberb model. The engine and running gear is "right on" to the real truck. The 21C 1 1/2 has problems with the running gear and the winch set up not being detailed, or just didn't match the CC. In the "real world", the CC and the 1 1/2 ton truck used the same engine, winch and running gear (except of course for the added axle).

Keep up with these surpises and some of us who have gone "to the dark side" (1/6) migh t be tempted to return. Who needs a 1/6 Opel Blitz to mount the new Dragon 2cm Flak gun, anyway and have that truck be pulling a DID Nebelwerfer :? What's next, buying a 88mm Flak and the big 8 ton half-track to pull it? Just thinking how many !/18 vehicles I can buy with the 10grand I'll save by not buying that 1/6 combo?? 8)

Keep up the good work, 21C. :D

TTT

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:01 am

That's a great site for the Dodge trucks. I didn't know there were that many versions made over the years.

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: cool

Post by compfire » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:37 am

digger wrote:NICE :D New Humvees for me 8)
New humvee have 2 figures like the last?
Digger,

The new Humvees don't have any figures :(

see post

viewtopic.php?t=3389

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Cool beans - I'm up for both vehicles! They should start showing up around here in a few weeks....

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:57 pm

Any pics of this new WWII Dodge yet? I am dying to see it.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:34 pm

I was just thinking about selling all my modern XD stuff, but with these 2 new vehicles, I don't think that will happen now.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:58 pm

On one hand, this is so cool. I really dig the Dodges, especially with all the possible variant. But why does 21C keep these things so secret? :? Just hope to see them around here soon.

digger

Post by digger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:36 am

But why does 21C keep these things so secret?
I know what you mean - it is the new bbi approach where the first you hear of something is when they are on the shelves (new weapons sets anyone?), that way you avoid catching heat for delays or non-delivery. :roll:

With backlash for missed deadlines and the fact that some people see a prototype and think "we're ready to go - now where is it!?" you will notice more of this tight-lipped approach going forward I am sure. I think bbi Mike said they will not be showing any new 1:18 at Toy Fair :shock: That makes two years in a row with nothing new at TF from bbi. I think this secrecy is contagious among the companies so I hope it is not a trend. :?

I think the 21C OMG figures were an example of great info flow. We see pics last month, they are here this month. 8)

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:41 am

Wasn't it about this time last year when the Dodge weapons carrier and M113 came out? I never heard any thing before they were released.

digger

yup

Post by digger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:04 am

I think it was the WC-63, the S2 M1025 and the S2 CC that were released together around this time last year. You're right we didn't see it coming but they had shown the Truck for a long time so we knew it was in their stash. 8)

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks for the post guys...

Post by markecho » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks for the intel guys...went to a Wally and viola:
(comes with .50 cal and 2 gas cans)

looks like the case assortment is 2 3/4 trucks, 1 hard top hummer and 1 soft top hummer as I saw all these this morning at one Wally.
.50 cal on this thing goes in a funny place. Even the pic on the box they had to remove the iron girders in the front to make room for the MG. oh yeah the iron girders are removable. Front wheels are not "stearable".
A great addition to our vehicles...there are some nice variations available for WWII convoys now!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:32 am

Nice pics as always Markecho. :wink:
I really like this little thing. I was afraid it was just flat bed back but I like the option to add a canopy. Still a little put off by no figure - maybe they stopped packing figures until they have new molds to include?

Hopefully it's that and not cost-saving. :? Brings back the days of the $25 CC at TRU with no figure. :roll:

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:33 am

Thank you very much for the pics. :)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 pm

What a cool vehicle! I'm gonna see if I can track these guys down today! :D
Last edited by immeww2 on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:08 pm

This looks good - thanks for the pics - I want to definatley pick up a couple if I can find them - but I WISH 21st would hold off on the heavy weathering, particularly on the windscreen.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:48 pm

Not sure what the "iron girders" are??

The .50 cal is placed in the correct position. The mount is behind the seats and surported by a metal rack between the cargo body sides. The MG mount with the tall tripod legs and the MG in a cradle running in a 360degree circle was only used on the WC-62,WC-63 ton an a halfs, in Dodges. They were not used on the 3/4 tons, which is what this truck is. Similar mounts were, of course, used in bigger trucks but pedestal mounts stopped at the 3/4 tons.

Very nice truck. My only question is.......does the bottom have the same detail as the Command Car? They are after all the same truck. Most of the pics shown do not apear to my puter.

TTT

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Wow, that looks really nice!

digger

Dodge underside

Post by digger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:32 pm

.......does the bottom have the same detail as the Command Car?
It looks like it from the pic, not sure.

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:35 pm

<---------me Loves the old school Mopars! Olive drab or plum crazy! They all excite me :lol:

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:44 pm

Ditto! :)