Any 1/18 Helo and Aircraft pics(AKA the Picture DEPOT)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:56 am

Thanks for sharing your pictures :) The BBI Corsair is deffinitely an excellent 1:18 aircraft release, and the cockpit detail does rank among the best. The flaps have room for improvement, but the rest of the aircraft is amazing! The paintscheme, though fictitious, is well done with the nose art, weathering and standard "Corsair" look. This was one aircraft I was pleased to purchase, despite already owning two of the also excellent 21c Corsairs.

Should you have not done so already, you may want to order the BBI Zero for your Corsair to chase. There are two variants (see below) and the detail is just as amazing as the Corsair with all movable control surfaces and a highly detailed cockpit that can be removed for display.

S1 replicates an actual aircraft stationed on the Japanese carrier Akagi that was downed during the Dec. 7 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. It is a Bad Cat Aviation store exclusive (see link at top of the forum page).

S2 replicates an actual aircraft stationed in the Japanese-occupied Phillipenes. This is the general BBI release and is currently avaliable to most small (online) retailers.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:37 pm

There's actually something in the works for this. Also check out the 21st Century Toys website... I might be biased, but there's some good photos on there ;-)

digger

pics

Post by digger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:57 pm

ToMCaT VF-101 wrote:Hey is any guys out there that would like to post any of there 1:18 Scale aircraft, helo or even tanks or jeeps....Please post here for a easy find for the newbies like myself..

THX GUYS!!!
Most guys have great albums - click on the website link below people's names and you can check out their photos, customs, etc...

Teamski also has all the AC profile in his album. :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:17 pm

p51 wrote:There's actually something in the works for this. Also check out the 21st Century Toys website... I might be biased, but there's some good photos on there ;-)
You're not biased, you have some amazingly crisp, clean and colorful photos. I'm jealous! I am in the market for a new digital camera. Any recommendations that are'nt too insanely priced?

Thanks,

Andy

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:43 pm

I just started looking for a new digital camera too. The Canon Rebel seems to be a good one. $450 - $700. :shock:

CW4USARMY

Re: xd

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:26 pm

kevrut wrote:I just started looking for a new digital camera too. The Canon Rebel seems to be a good one. $450 - $700. :shock:
Ive looked at it too, but the camera I am replacing is a Canon Powershot A70. STarted out good but batteries would die in it, even with the camera off. Seems many folks had problems with it too and then mine just died
and the replacement parts were more than buying a new one, so I'm kinda staying away from Cannon right now :cry:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:10 pm

I have an Olympus C-765 digital camera that I got for Christmas last year. Its not the cheapest, but has a ton of cool features including different settings for photography in different conditions, and my personal favorite, video with sound! The battery stays charged for a while as well. You can see a number of the photos I've taken with it on my website. Also, I won 2nd place in the 21c USMC figure photo-shoot contest last year with a photo I took using that camera :)

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:13 pm

Thanks Tman, I'll look at that one. Your pics are excellent as well!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:48 pm

I have a Canon Rebel XT EOS 350D DSLR myself, at 8.2 megapixels, it's a fine camera. I opted for the Rebel XT over the Canon 20D because of some features on the XT that the 20D doesn't have and the fact that for nearly $1,000 more the features on the 20D over the Rebel are not worth it. But, I'm a professional aviation photographer, so the cameras I look at are all higher priced than what most people want, and it is a DSLR which takes a lot of learning to master.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:53 pm

Yes, I have a product studio that I built. There's a thread about this... I think it's the 'BBi F16 pics' thread.

viewtopic.php?p=30470#30470