New Spitfire

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

New Spitfire

Post by Studly » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Well Chaps, i did it again as you may be aware i have been after a replacement Canopy for my Spitfire DWK., and guess what had no luck in obtaining a replacement Canopy. So i went and bought another one and Stone the Bloody Crows it cost me an arm and a leg, again it came from evilbay and cost me $265 USD and shipping was the cheapest i have had from the States, $28.24. Overall it cost me nearly $400 AUS . So i am wimpering in the corner at the moment waiting for the pain to subside. It goes to show that our beloved 1:18 scale stuff is still commanding high prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-21st-Centu ... 1701329185?

Cheers
Greg

:p51: :hornet: :blueangel:

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: New Spitfire

Post by cnq » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:04 am

Ouch....I feel your pain........
I don't have this one but have the D-Day version and "Black/White" ZPA.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:49 am

wow !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:41 pm

cnq wrote:Ouch....I feel your pain........
I don't have this one but have the D-Day version and "Black/White" ZPA.
G'day cnq . I have all the spits except the one with the invasion stripes. I bought one from evilbay but it got lost in the post, i was spewing blood over that, but i have my eye on another at the moment. :evil:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 am

I'm so glad that back around 2006, I purchased a second Spitfire from the now defunct Foxhole Toys for $50... Gave me both the "Borough of Lambeth" (NKK) version and the 610 Sq. (DWK) version. Even have the box. With the pricer 21c models, I like to have a backup...

But I had a similar experience to you, Studly, when my 21c ME-262B crashed and was severely damaged in 2012. In that case, I had previously had a backup example that I purchased for $28 from the famed 2008 Monkey Depot Sale, but had sold it the year earlier. Then my primary example was destroyed and I had no backup... So I purchased one at expense from an ebay retailer for a price that was easily double the cost I paid for my two earlier ones.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:43 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I'm so glad that back around 2006, I purchased a second Spitfire from the now defunct Foxhole Toys for $50... Gave me both the "Borough of Lambeth" (NKK) version and the 610 Sq. (DWK) version. Even have the box. With the pricer 21c models, I like to have a backup...

But I had a similar experience to you, Studly, when my 21c ME-262B crashed and was severely damaged in 2012. In that case, I had previously had a backup example that I purchased for $28 from the famed 2008 Monkey Depot Sale, but had sold it the year earlier. Then my primary example was destroyed and I had no backup... So I purchased one at expense from an ebay retailer for a price that was easily double the cost I paid for my two earlier ones.

Mate i am having convolutions over the prices you originally paid for them lol....those were the days :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:17 pm

I was at walmart up in Fredricksburg VA many many moons ago and they had 2 D-Day Soits on the shelf $39.94 each .

Before that I got one from Bad cat for $50 I think.

I think that I sold all of them and do not now have one for myself .

I am not really sure how many Spitfires I have now .

I hope that I did not sell myself short because I need one for my Spitfire float project .

Whenever that happens. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Congrats on getting a new Spit, but ouch on the cost. The Spits have always commanded a fairly high price. Rumor has it the molds Everett destroyed in a factory fire.
Todd

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 pm

G'day Todd. I never new that the Molds were supposedly Destroyed , what a loss , it would be nice to see different Marks of Spits released. :D

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

G'day Guys. I just updated the Spitfire collection again with a 75 Sqd Sailor Mallan and a Invasion Striped one all from the one seller on evilbay and also doing a deal with a board Member for another invasion stripe one. I got the two for $305 US which works out to $404.45 AUS which i thought was pretty reasonable .

Cheers
Studly :D