Customizing FOV 1/16 Scale Tiger II

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Customizing FOV 1/16 Scale Tiger II

Post by thehun » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:45 am

Hi Guys,

1. Do you guys feel that if you change the original color scheme of a FOV Tiger II will it ruin the resale or enhance it?
2. If you customize the FOV Tiger II to a Porsche turret or go all the way and customize it to a Jagdtiger. Will this ruin or enhance it ?
3. Will the application of swastikas to the tail fin of an air plane help or hinder the resale of the airplane?

thehun

digger
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

well..

Post by digger » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:21 am

Since nobody opined...
I cannot say about the fov Tiger (don't have or want one) but would keep in mind that thing is already a $400 tank, to get it up over 5-600 without the help of time may be tough, but I am sure is something you are up to. :wink:

As for the 1:18 AC, I think for strictly "value" in general your best bet is NRFB. That said, a good custom job on a plane is rare, and I think if you were to take any steps beyond just putting the decals, the value could increase.

It's always tricky talking about value because you never know. If you repaint a bird you could get two people on the whole planet who need it, and that's all it takes for a crazy ebay auction. :P

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:24 am

In my opinion, if the repaint is accurately and nicely done and based on an actual example, the resale value would go up. Same with tail swastikas. The decals should be correctly applied and sealed if you want to increase value.

Not doing the above would reduce its worth below stock value. Again this is just my opinion.

Rogo